Thumbs down Elephant Rock Ride – Warning UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

Signed up for this year’s ride via the website and was appropriately charged for the cost of the ride about a month ago. Today Active Advantage, the company that processes the entrance fees sends me an email that I am now a member of Active Advantage and my credit card has already been charged another $59.95. I never authorized the transaction. Of course I’ve called them multiple times, but they don’t pick up the phone. Just figured I’d let you know about these scumbags…watch your credit cards.

Its 9am in Denver. Maybe they are not open yet?

Also, why don't you call your credit card company?

Finally, sweet blagh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

7am PST (their opening time) = 8am MST and, yes, the credit card company was the 1st call I made. Just posted this to put folks on notice.

They did the same thing to me when I registered for the Talons Challenge in January. I eventually got tired of trying to get a hold of them and gave up. Good luck

Pretty bad when you call them and the first option in the phone tree is "if you are calling about charges on your card labeled Active* press 1." On the 4rth call they finally picked up after a 7 minute wait and said they'd reverse the charges.

Are you sure you opted out? I didn't sign up this year but in the past I remember it being pretty sneaky on their part as to what you're signing up for. I'm pretty sure one time I accidentally signed up for that BS and had to cancel, I wasn't even aware of it until I got the notice later.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Its 9am in Denver. Maybe they are not open yet?

Also, why don't you call your credit card company?

Finally, sweet blagh.
    Sweet advice. Must have learned that from your fancy books, eh?

Thanks for the heads up

I registered for a race back in Feb, after seeing this I went back and checked it out and sure enough, there was a charge the next month for a subscription. Called em up and canceled it off, but still pisses me off about the sneaky way that it was done.

Maybe sneaky enough to start a thread about it. Hmmmmm

Have any of you people complained to the organizers of the race?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy