TR: Tough day in Laramie

Headed up to the Laramie plains lakes today for a little lake action as our rivers are swollen to the breaking point. The weather was beautiful, and the air was completely calm when we showed up. As the day went on the wind did pick up which make kicking around difficult at the best. We never did figure out that magical combination, but both ended up landing some nice fish. They where just few and far between.

Erik with his personal best when it comes to Brookys.

Close up

Pictures don't do these fish any justice.

On a side note I have never seen so many nice fish taken from two lakes in one day. Between the two lakes we fished, we saw over 10 fish all over 16" being hauled off or thrown in buckets. WTF? One guy even "tried" to release a beautiful bow, but after he tossed in on the bank, screwed around getting the hook out, he just tossed it back in. Well it went belly up, but was FAR from dead. He just kept saying how he exhausted it and it was too tired to live. It took him less then 20 seconds to drag it in.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

god I love the blue spots on those char
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Does that lake start with an 'A' or a 'G'?

NICE!!!

I am going to try to get out to either one on Saturday...
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

By the way... I am hearing reports of 10lb bows in one of the Plains Lakes!
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    Does that lake start with an 'A' or a 'G'?

NICE!!!

I am going to try to get out to either one on Saturday...
    That one starts with G. We headed south of town a bit after lunch and got into a bunch of fish, but they where hard to hook......maybe because I had a severely bent hook that I didn't notice till I was breaking down for the day. Opps, lesson learned. We also heard about some very big fish being caught but since neither of us had been out there, we decided to play it safe. Looking back we should have gone for it.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
    That one starts with G. We headed south of town a bit after lunch and got into a bunch of fish, but they where hard to hook......maybe because I had a severely bent hook that I didn't notice till I was breaking down for the day. Opps, lesson learned. We also heard about some very big fish being caught but since neither of us had been out there, we decided to play it safe. Looking back we should have gone for it.
    Nice, I haven't been to the one south of town since last fall. I need to check that one out too. Were they hitting dries at all?