TR:How to loose your mojo in a week

So I recently went on vacation with the Ms.Late and relized when it comes to salt, if it ain't a stripah I have no clue what the hell is going on. So here I go, first the salt. We went here...

after a week of blind surf casting to nothing and drinking more, I needed to get back into a cold clear stream and chase some trutta. I headed out in the evening and tie on a new streamer I made up while on vacation. All pumped on how it's going to work out, I toss it into the head of one of my favorite pools....

Bam, take, set the hook, tug and gone. broke off on 3x like it was spider web.

Tied on another moved down and three rolls later, bam, heavy, shake, shake and spit..

Now I'm down. rip one in the same place and hook, set, and gone..

I went home, head down.

Then three days later I went out with a good friend in central NY. The day starts out good as he pops a nice bow in the first hole. We hike on and I'm up. first cast and fish is tugging. It's a decent bow and then right before the net it's off. At this point my friend lets me try the same hole over. Second cast and a brown slams it, jump this way and then that and then off.

I have lost it all, I can't land a fish to save my life. Then I hook a nice brown, which takes off down stream for cover. Determined not to loose the fish I follow. Then next thing you know, I pop my leg on a rock and go for a swim.

Can't believe it but I land the fish completly soaked and laughing my ass off.
    Then come this series of awsome shots.
    First attempt - the cool ferns in the background, I just went swiming shot and this fish is getting tossed

Then the recovered the fish without a drop until this happened.

Then the I look like I pump gas on a old TV show shot (all the way down to the fly is wide open and just took in water)

Sometimes you have to laugh, I hope it was just your turn.
    Harvest the ride.

I can comiserate.
    Yesterday at my local creek, slip on polished boulder, fall backwards, completely douche my waders. Soggy ride home.

Today, Lee's Ferry, Colorado River, AZ. Flat tire on trailer at 6am. Lose first five hook ups. Land a couple dinks. Lose nice catch/release net. Salvage day with this nice 18" late spawner,

Never seen the fly open trick before though. Nice fish.

L8-If I read right you lost five fish (0-5). That is nothing, this March I went 0-7 and talk about losing mojo. Seems like I found my mojo back on the Reef and broke my streak. lt sucks being in those shoes. Way to break it. Nice Brownie.

All about perspective right? I hooked into a fat trout in Cheesman Canyon last week and he promptly fled upstream behind a small boulder and sawed me off. Only action I saw all day, so just hooking up with him was a victory for me.

Cool shots L8.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Bah- I can't hook up to save my life. The second I thrown my spinning rod though, fish on. I carry both to the golf ponds, and both on the boat. No point in not having the full quiver to throw at them.

I spent a day two weekends ago standing in a very cold Wyoming lake in 40mph winds, snow hitting me in the face, trying to cast a streamer with my 8wt. I caught absolutely nothing - not even a strike. I went home with numb hands, achy joints, wind burned face, and no fish to talk about.

"Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

just broke an almost month long drought today. Landed 2 nice hard charging and jumping wild bows today. Both in the 12-13 inch range, but both were pretty fat looking for 12-13 inches.

This is the first week since trout season has opened here in northern VT that the water has been warm enough and low enough to have rising fish. But even that is still a bit slow. in 2.5 hrs today I only saw/heard maybe 8 risers. I sure was nice to hook up again.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

I hear you guys, last year I went six weeks without a fish over 13"
    4 of the 5 were nice fish. It just started to rain so I'm heading out tomorrow and I just got some line for the 4wt glass rod.
    Harvest the ride.

I still gotta laugh at your fly being down. That's classic stuff.

"Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy