Fishing For A Living; Lake Trout TR

Busy weekend with lots of time on the water between my boat and helping a friend out. My buddy started his own charter business this year after years of working for another company. Yesterday was his first paying trip. We headed the 44 miles north of Marquette out to Stannard Rock for the day. I jumped on board to help out and got a few pictures and video along the way. Great day with a great group of clients. We landed somewhere over 50 lake trout. One over 30 pounds that is headed to the taxidermist and three over 25 pounds that were released.

Jigging at daybreak.

Brothers celebrating a nice laker.

Captain John giving a thumbs up after landing a nice laker.

Clients and their catch.

We've got a lot of cleaning to do when we get back.

Last but not least, myself holding a 31 pound laker for one of the clients. This one is headed to the taxidermist.

Video is just a single piece that we recorded with some underwater action. I'll post up the edited video when John finishes it.
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/11795215"]Stannard Rock Lake Trout on Vimeo[/ame]

HOGS!

Awesome work, you got a blue ribbon winner there.

Those are some Macs!

were these caught downrigging, outriggigging or jigging or on skis?

All the fish were caught jigging 2oz white jigs with 5" white twister tails and a big chunk of sucker for cut bait. We were mostly in the 80 to 160 feet of water range jigging right on bottom. I wish I had the video running at the time when one of the guys was bringing up a 5 pounder and there were three others following it that were all 20 pounds or more.

That's some meat right there.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy