Question Camping and/or Mountain Biking Near Dillon, MT?

The lady and I are headed over to the great state of Montana come the first weekend in June to pick up the new addition to the family. We're actually ultimately headed to Manhattan, MT, but will likely only make it to around Dillon on Friday night.

Plan is to either drive to Manhattan Saturday morning, swoop on the pup and high tail it home, OR go for an MTB ride Saturday morning, swoop and boogie. Honestly, I only want to bring the bikes and gear if the riding is really good.

Either way, I need a cool place to park the truck and camper Friday night and wouldn't mind some good riding, too!

Thanks!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

around elkhorn hot springs is nice....

Just north of Dillon on I-15 there's the Birch Creek area. There's a campground there and a nice loop they've used as an XC race course in years past. You might want to call Ed at Bad Beaver Bikes in Butte (he used to run the bike shop out of Dillon), his number is (406) 782-4358.

Quote Originally Posted by el-cid View Post
    Just north of Dillon on I-15 there's the Birch Creek area. There's a campground there and a nice loop they've used as an XC race course in years past. You might want to call Ed at Bad Beaver Bikes in Butte (he used to run the bike shop out of Dillon), his number is (406) 782-4358.
    Awesome, el cid. THank you. Mnt Lion, I'll check that out, too.

Keep 'em coming!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I have no advice for you, but mysterously a Montana highway map showed up in my office mailbox. I think its a sign I should go too!
    I could go on, and on, and on...but who cares

Rev ya might drop in on the Patagucci outlet store there in Dillon, they can have some smokin deals.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

It's way out of the way, but if you come up to the flathead we could take that dog for a killer hike.

Quote Originally Posted by danimal's dead View Post
    It's way out of the way, but if you come up to the flathead we could take that dog for a killer hike.
    I appreciate it, Danimal, but at 8 weeks old, a hike is about 30 yards!

I'm staying at the Birch Creek F.S. cabin this week. Shed& crystal hunt'n.

hey Rev, how come you nevAR visit me and JG and when yuo don't have agnda? WTF guy? whens the last time we hanged out doooood? Lets get back to argie and do it all over? C'mon man, I mss ya! I'lll sneak up on yur shit in the middle of themooonlite night if I have to you no it's true bitch

sigh

foresaken

I can hear the ladies screaming for you down ont he strip

o miss the "old days"

christmas hams and frozen E'brakes; friends in bned; etc

it's not too late; let's get it back

cjeers from Vegas; wish you were here

say hi to the lady

be well

out
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    hey Rev, how come you nevAR visit me and JG and when yuo don't have agnda? WTF guy? whens the last time we hanged out doooood? Lets get back to argie and do it all over? C'mon man, I mss ya! I'lll sneak up on yur shit in the middle of themooonlite night if I have to you no it's true bitch

sigh

foresaken

I can hear the ladies screaming for you down ont he strip

o miss the "old days"

christmas hams and frozen E'brakes; friends in bned; etc

it's not too late; let's get it back

cjeers from Vegas; wish you were here

say hi to the lady

be well

out
    This must be preserved.

And to answer your question, if I knew how hot your wife was, I'd be there all the time.