Fixing broken technica rivet on buckle hinge?

I live in summit county and any shop that could potentionally help me fix this is closed, precision for instance if closed till the 30th, my luck. A rivet on the hinge of one of my buckles just broke today and I am wondering if anyone knows where I could go to get another rivet put in, that is if it is possible. So if you've had this happen to you before and you know I can replace the rivet please let me know. Or if you live around here and can help me out that would be even better. Please give me some input, do I have to replace the whole buckle?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Colorado season clips 10-11, best season ever!

G.N.A.R the movie, complete movie. Watch this!
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/gnar/

Vail best day ever 18inches

Shane McConkey is the shit! First chair?

A T-bolt would be better, it'll last longer. Look up Marshall, green Mtn sports, or any other shop could get you going easily.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Think I could pick up a t-bolt at true value?

Maybe so, haven't looked though, easy enough for any monkey with the right part for sure.

Yea, true value is closed now so I have to wait till tomorrow. I wish a shop around here that is actually open could help me out, denver is to far to drive. Any shop I've talked to up here so far is clueless which is anoying, I was just told that I have to replace the buckle, abviously I don't have to. I wish the shop you told me about was closer, anyone around summit county have a t-bolt that is small enough that would work?

C'mon, nobody close? Buzz's board's in Vail, (formerly Racer's Edge) in Breck, even those knobs at Surefoot at a couple different locales could help you out. Just head to your local ski hut and ask for a t-bolt or t-nut, easy for cheesy.

Every sure foot is closed, precision is closed, it seems that any shop that could help me is closed. I picked a bad time to break my boot. I would drive to vail if I knew someone had the part. I'm about to epoxy the broken rivet in until it can find a shop that is actually open to help me out.

Anyone that works at a shop in denver that has this part going to abasin tomorrow?
    Last edited by bertrenolds; 05-15-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Pick yourself up by the mustache and give somebody a call.

Seriously, there are no shops open, drove around and called everyone I can find. Called every shop you suggested around here and no answer at any of them. My best chance is to wait around on my mustache and hope someone that works at one of the shops reads this.

I would think any hardware or big box store would have a nut/bolt combo that would work. They usually have "t" bolts too. Get away from the screen and bring the boot with you.

That looks like the rivet on the pivot of the buckle is what's missing, not the rivet connecting the whole buckle assembly to the shell. This happens all the time with Tecnicas. If this is the case a T-nut/bolt will not help you. A t-bolt/nut will connect the whole buckle to the boot, but what you have is essentially a broken buckle. You need to get another rivet in there. Good luck, cause it ain't easy. I ended up jamming bent nails in mine for a temporary fix then getting some new buckles. Just getting new buckles and t-bolting them on is way simpler than trying to fabricate some pivot rivets, but also way more expensive. For some reason, Tecnica buckles are junk and have been for some time.

Yea jer it the rivet on the buckle, not the rivet the holds the buckle to the boot. What a pain, I like the nail idea for the mean time but there has to be somewhere that can rivet it.

The nail thing works - you just have to be careful when you crank on the buckle. I've had trouble with pretty much every piece of hardware on Tecnica boots. I skied at Silverton for a day and a half with a missing dual pivot upper cuff/lower shell hinge. Lost it on one of the Whoopdees. That sucked way worse than the buckles breaking. That Vick dog attack thing is pretty damn funny.

I had the same thing happen on mine but it was the top buckle. I went to a hardware store got a small hex bolt and lock nut and ran it through. it held for about 5 days of riding but was coming loose even with the lock nut. I have some parts boots sitting around and took a buckle off them and replaced it and that was by far a better fix.

From the pics it looks like that is the second buckle up from the toe, is that right? if so don't worry about it too much you can still lock it down it just doesn't feel solid but that buckle is not nearly as important as the other ones. You sound pretty frantic to get your boot fixed are you trying to ride tomorrow? If you need a buckle let me know I can pull one off the spare boots and send it your way.
    Carry on my wayward son...

I think the t-bolt would work well, just need one small enough. Otherwise if I had a hand held riveter small enough it would be an easy fix. I saved the shell from the rivet cuz I buckle and unbuckle that buckle how about another buckle every time, must have hit it on something. Anyways I took the rivet shell and put it in backwards and then epoxied it, wish it had an unbrokewn rivet. Let's see if it holds up.

Check out clips 2009-2010, best stuff I've done, my vimeo if pretty funny, water skipping stuff is hilarious.