Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for sharing the radness, that is something to be proud of. My buddy is 1/2 way through his tour across the Absaroka-Beartooth ranges (7 days in), Red Lodge to Livingston.

what an inspirational TR!... My dad and I did that route in August of 97 when I was 16... I would love to someday cover that on skis
    Thanks for sharing

Great TR. Conditions are so good in the High Sierra right now. Looks like you had a good crew and great skiing.

Thanks for sharing.

that's quite a beautiful trip you did there

awesome, I must have saved 30 of those pics into my screensaver slideshow folder
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    Thanks for the TR, I've been wanting to do this for a few years now, one day I hope. How heavy was your pack?
    Quote Originally Posted by huckster989 View Post
    thanks for all that, I'm super stoked on that trip I would love to do something like that. what did you keep your pack weight around? my biggest issue with multi-day BC trips is the weight
    I didn't actually weigh my pack. While it was obviously on the heavier side, I would not say I was lugging tons of weight around.

We all stayed in 1 mid tent, and we used our ice axes and ski poles to support it. So total shelter weight was limited to the mid - which is like 2 pounds.

I am a bind packing for AK (leave in the morning for 10 days of glacier/crevasse training course and climbing), but when I get back I can layout everything I personally carried if that helps. High and light system essentially - food was what added up the weight. I would say the pack was definitely under 40 lbs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    Camp in Milestone Bowl was great – here I am pondering the deliciousness of ramen noodles, pesto, olive oil and parm cheese.

This one's my favorite. Certainly the mountains and snow and skiing are great, but everyone should appreciate the high end ultralightweight spaghetti bowl.

hah that photo reminds me UCL, I finally have boots with removable liners now

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Great trip, and great TR. I saw this yesterday, but knew my iphone would not do it justice, so I had to wait until today to see it. It was worth the wait.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

great work! Your Titans look a bit like one of the first pairs of Air Jordans, esp. in the hiking shot at the end.

really UNBELIEVABLE scenics!!!

Wow, those photos at the end of day 4 are phenomenal. Have fun in AK!
    "Kids today, all they talk about is big air. I say, stay on the mountain, that's where the action is. If you want big air, pull my finger." ~Smooth Johnson~

Awesome pics, thanks for bringing all the sierra stoke this spring.

Damn d00d, good stuff!
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Wow! I have been looking at the ASI website longingly for the last two years. I am hoping to do their Mt Shasta climb next year.

Big trip! Something you will remember for a long time. Especially sweet after your dues paying last year. Don't let AK overshadow your perfect week in the High Sierras.
    Thanks for sharing.

i even crave the up in this TR.

Solid work man.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

nice work and photos.

Thanks for sharing ... very cool - congrats on what looks like bliss.

Such cool mountains, I wish I could just live in a snowcave somewhere up there all spring.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Wow. Just wow.

Bbuummpp

I missed this TR when it was first posted.

This is awesome. Amazing trip and pics.

Looks like a nice trip. The Sierras are spctacular. Since I spend too much time on ttips I have to comment. Looks like Mr. Nordic tours in AT gear.
    off your knees Louie