little white off the bench

Someday I will go Hood River warmed up but after just one day in my creekboat on Golden Canyon (ID) on Saturday, I found myself floating down the Little White on Sunday.

It was quite exciting, especially with no guide until below S-Turn.

I have never been so glad to finish a run but I can't wait to go back.

Hopefully we'll have some pics when the rest of the crew finishes their trip...until then, all I have is Corey boofing on Golden Canyon:

And a break at Spirit...after seeing this in person, props to people who run it. All I could think was damn, it sure looks lonely down there if something were to go wrong.

Yeah Root - way to crush it off the bench

Knew you'd love it...

Glad you finally made it to the LW. I've been up here four years, it's in my backyard, and I still haven't laid a foot on her. Argh, so lame..

I haven't ran Golden in many years. Super fun! I've always wanted to do LW but the timing has never been good. Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Wood has been getting progressively worse in there the last two years. Lots of lines kind of messed up, harder than before. Supposedly people are hitting wood bottom left in master blaster but I can't see anything. Sneaking it on the right with a long ferry seems safest until it's known.

Primo levels right now for anyone thinking about a trip, but dropping.

this is when you think..."maybe I should have stayed on the bench." and it's only just started.

thanks to trip for the photo.

I started my season with an el-dub as well. Love that run. Too bad S-turn is all jacked up with that wood (or has a new rail slide, depending on your perspective). As for the wood in Master Blaster, it must be really tight to the left wall because I've seen people go deep in there with no problems.

Love that Boulder Sluice shot. I think anyone who paddles that run multiple times will eventually be jacked by that drop. So sweet when it goes well though. Keep the stoke coming.

Yeah, S Turn was looking pretty intimidating. First two in our group came in contact with the bottom log. I kept looking at the right line but just wasn't sure. Immediately after I finished portaging, we saw a ton of people come through and style the right side. Looked awesome.

Really jealous of this, Little White looks like someone has desgned it as a creeking playground... one day I'm gonna have to get over there!

Quote Originally Posted by slide_for_life View Post
    I started my season with an el-dub as well. Love that run. Too bad S-turn is all jacked up with that wood (or has a new rail slide, depending on your perspective). As for the wood in Master Blaster, it must be really tight to the left wall because I've seen people go deep in there with no problems.

Love that Boulder Sluice shot. I think anyone who paddles that run multiple times will eventually be jacked by that drop. So sweet when it goes well though. Keep the stoke coming.
    I don't know specifics, just several stories of people hitting something in there this year. Maybe it's washed out by now. The HR local crowd would know better.

Edit to add that now people are saying it's clear, if there ever was anything. Ran it last night and stayed on the surface but seemed fine.
    Last edited by markb; 06-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.