Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    I would get the 110 do to my previous Enforcer experience. Completely different ski from back when they were still made in Italy, but Nordicas are really nice. Mind bender is going to give you a straighter ski, it that's your thing. Enforcer is bigger all over.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I've never skied either of those 2 skis. I don't think either fits the topic of this thread. But I read Blister's take on those 2 skis, and it sounds like they concluded that 186cm Mindbender 108ti is more stable in crud/variable, and is better on firm snow...than the 185cm Enforcer 110.

No, those aren't bad ass. The talk of Mindbender came up, and I was really just wondering how they compared to the newer enforcers, because I know those are middle of the road too. I do want, but for non charge days with family.

I just ordered a pair of the 2020 Legend Pro F-Team for days with no kids. The buyer for my local shop said there are only 20 pairs left, dynastar didn't bring many into this country and about 100ish are already accounted for. Damn, I can't believe the sales for a ski like that are so low. They are so good. I'm glad I checked in here and you guys told me, I thought that ski was looooong gone.

Friend is looking for a long fat stupid-stiff no radius ski for kite-skiing. Something like Blizzard Kreitler Pro maybe.
    >115 waist, >190 long, >40m radius, as stiff as possible, in good shape. Anybody holding something like this that collects dust?

He should get some dynastar big dumps

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Friend is looking for a long fat stupid-stiff no radius ski for kite-skiing. Something like Blizzard Kreitler Pro maybe.
    >115 waist, >190 long, >40m radius, as stiff as possible, in good shape. Anybody holding something like this that collects dust?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    He should get some dynastar big dumps
    Actually, Big Dumps are a good call for those criteria (except its R=38m is <40m). I have 2 pairs, was planning to keep both, but...

Hey HukuTa_KydecHuk, feel free to persuade me by making an offer on my Big Dumps (1 pair undrilled, 1 pair drilled 2-3x).

Other ideas that might work for your friend:
    - Salomon El Dictator fits the criteria except waist is only 114mm, and flat camber reduces its "perceived stiffness" compared to a full-length mad-camber ski.
    - old Atomic Powder Plus 190cm
    - Blizzard Zeus 120 in a 194cm (but requires that stupid IQ Max mounting plate)
    - 2013-14 Whitedot Ragnarok 193cm is a lot like a Big Dump (but R=37m is <40m).
    - old BlueHouse Shoots 191cm might be the best fit for the criteria, unless your buddy hates rocker tips.

Back when I had a Blizzard Titan Kreitler Pro IQ 191cm, it did not strike me as especially stiff---but yes it struck me as a very plush suspension at speed. https://www.freeride.com/gear/skis/b...er-pro-iq.html

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Whitedot might have some of the old Ragnarok VIIs gathering dust, last time I popped into the warehouse there was 2x second qualities just hanging around, carl@whitedotskis.com is the best to talk to I’d say.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Enforcer would be an everyday inbounds ski in CO. Shit, it would be here in Missoula. Are you old? Tiny? Old and tiny?
    You need a ski wider than 110mm to ski powder conditions? Based on 20,000 posts, I figured you were old school, like you remember skiing everyday in 1996 when a “fat” ski was 78mm under foot and only pulled out for a handful of special days.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    You need a ski wider than 110mm to ski powder conditions? Based on 20,000 posts, I figured you were old school, like you remember skiing everyday in 1996 when a “fat” ski was 78mm under foot and only pulled out for a handful of special days.
    Yep...I also still have my Cannondale F1000 hard tail and it's 71deg HTA and 73 STA...I just don't ride it very much.

On the topic at hand, while not the stiffest/burliest, Blister seems to think the Commander 118 might be a modern day bomber.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Yep...I also still have my Cannondale F1000 hard tail and it's 71deg HTA and 73 STA...I just don't ride it very much.

On the topic at hand, while not the stiffest/burliest, Blister seems to think the Commander 118 might be a modern day bomber.
    Yeah, I’ve got an old MTB I keep around for nostalgia too. Fun stuff.

I guess the context of my post I was trying to imply was that asking if someone is “old” or “tiny” because they may select a 110mm waisted ski for skiing Steamboat is ridiculous. 1- That’s some hard-ass talk, and 2- a 110mm ski is not a “Missoula” all mountain ski. It can be skied in any condition, yes, but in true hardpack conditions a ski that wide would be a little inferior to something a cm or two narrower with a flex pattern specifically designed for firmer snow.

Shoots, Supergoats (1.5 flex) and Devastators are the stiffest skis in my quiver. All very different skis but all awesome in their own respects.

Actually, Big Dumps are a good call for those criteria (except its R=38m is <40m). I have 2 pairs, was planning to keep both, but...

Hey HukuTa_KydecHuk, feel free to persuade me by making an offer on my Big Dumps (1 pair undrilled, 1 pair drilled 2-3x).

Other ideas that might work for your friend:
    - Salomon El Dictator fits the criteria except waist is only 114mm, and flat camber reduces its "perceived stiffness" compared to a full-length mad-camber ski.
    - old Atomic Powder Plus 190cm
    - Blizzard Zeus 120 in a 194cm (but requires that stupid IQ Max mounting plate)
    - 2013-14 Whitedot Ragnarok 193cm is a lot like a Big Dump (but R=37m is <40m).
    - old BlueHouse Shoots 191cm might be the best fit for the criteria, unless your buddy hates rocker tips.

Back when I had a Blizzard Titan Kreitler Pro IQ 191cm, it did not strike me as especially stiff---but yes it struck me as a very plush suspension at speed. https://www.freeride.com/gear/skis/b...er-pro-iq.html

Where would you find a pair of El Dictators? Would love a pair for my charger collection.

Ask him what his dad skis pow on?

One of the burlier skis I’ve schlepped on was a pair of old school Iggies FFL 200s in what I’m guessing was a 260 or maybe north f that flex. Rocket ships...

I guess the context of my post I was trying to imply was that asking if someone is “old” or “tiny” because they may select a 110mm waisted ski for skiing Steamboat is ridiculous. 1- That’s some hard-ass talk, and 2- a 110mm ski is not a “Missoula” all mountain ski. It can be skied in any condition, yes, but in true hardpack conditions a ski that wide would be a little inferior to something a cm or two narrower with a flex pattern specifically designed for firmer snow.
    Having lived in both Missoula and now Steamboat, as well as being on the receiving end of his comment, I gotta say that he's wrong.
    1) Steamboat gets more snow than Missoula (nearby hills) and 2) You don't need more than a 110-waisted ski here in Steamboat - I skied a 108 all last year and was only out-gunned on a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Where would you find a pair of El Dictators? Would love a pair for my charger collection.
    In Australia (or wherever user=Island Bay lives?), I have no idea how to find a pair there.

My guess for North America is: Best way is to post a "WTB" thread here on TGR, then I'd expect you'd find a pair within 1-2 months, likely for only $100-150. 2nd best way might be to search TGR for old "FS" threads that failed to ever find a buyer, then PM those people directly. 3rd best way might be to ask a Salomon rep or athlete, who might have been holding out for >7 years for a $300 offer, but no buyers at that price, so they are grumpy that they got stuck with these skis sitting in their closets---so maybe find a rep at a demo day, ask them, and talk them down in price.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

In Australia (or wherever user=Island Bay lives?), I have no idea how to find a pair there.

My guess for North America is: Best way is to post a "WTB" thread here on TGR, then I'd expect you'd find a pair within 1-2 months, likely for only $100-150. 2nd best way might be to search TGR for old "FS" threads that failed to ever find a buyer, then PM those people directly. 3rd best way might be to ask a Salomon rep or athlete, who might have been holding out for >7 years for a $300 offer, but no buyers at that price, so they are grumpy that they got stuck with these skis sitting in their closets---so maybe find a rep at a demo day, ask them, and talk them down in price.

Professor Vite Ibue teaches Buying Rare Skis 301

I don't know you Vitamin, but you sound like you know how to get what you want in an efficient manor.

The new Fischer Ranger 107ti looks pretty good, however that 19m radius is a bit small.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Having lived in both Missoula and now Steamboat, as well as being on the receiving end of his comment, I gotta say that he's wrong.
    1) Steamboat gets more snow than Missoula (nearby hills) and 2) You don't need more than a 110-waisted ski here in Steamboat - I skied a 108 all last year and was only out-gunned on a few days
    I’m usually the first person beating the drum saying wider skis are better, but after a week of skiing pow in Steamboat in late February, I agree with only needing 105-110 for Steamboat. I had my Quixote’s and they were overkill most of that storm, except for a few turns in the Bowling Alley. You don’t need a big ski for Steamboat. The trees are so tight, and the skiing isn’t a big mountain steep style, fat long skis are over kill. Now saying that, my Qs were just fine, but I also would of been fine on a lot of different skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What boots do you guys use to drive your badass skis? Do you guys think this new breed of lightweight but powerful boots handle the big skis just as well as the heavier powerhouse boots of yesteryear?

I fit well into S Max 130 carbon, but I got worried when it felt like a MTN Lab was on my foot (weight)

150 plugs, duh.

I just use the red ones.

This thread is bullshit. I keep looking to see but the level keeps stating their stiffest ski they have in their current quiver. Modern consumer skis don't have shit on planks from 10+ years ago. Im not saying I have anything burly to ski but this thread is "What is the stiffest, burliest, baddest ski ever" so what is it???????

Shoots?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    so what is it???????

Shoots?
    no