Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    ^^^ Governors? I had the 196 a few years back, I thought they were significantly easier to ski than the Monster 108. Good skis though, still rage-able, but more playful and slarvy. The govs will carve much cleaner than (191)Billy Goats, but the speed limits are similar.

I went right to the 191, I wasnt aiming for a daily driver.. I was surprised by how easy they were to ski, in the right conditions. Absolute missile when you want though

I'm 6'2", 210lbs on the 191. I have no doubt that I would get along with the 184, and actually, I want that size too..Dont be afraid to size down with this ski, it's the real deal.

Maybe Garbones, not governors?

Personally,At 5'7'' 195 I'm going for the 184, the length and chargability are such an intrigue

Quote Originally Posted by realjwin View Post
    This is a pretty useless comment but I bought those moment skis last season, very little tip rocker, almost no tail rocker. These fuckers are stiff. I forgot what they're called, but the tallacs are the thin version.

I feel like they plow through anything. But let your guard off and you'll eat shit. Love em, sorta...Actually not really

I'm guessing you are talking about the M1, not the Governors...

Quote Originally Posted by dingjong View Post
    What's your opinion?

I have never skied anything that really feels like a tank. What would you recommend me if I want to add some to my quiver.

Actually, I'd like to have something really killer.
    Th answer is obvious.

Rossignol S7 in red.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Despite what Volkl says in their literature or what Blizzard prints on their topsheets, there is zero titanium in skis.
    Its titanal.
    Tit anal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Good observation!

Definitely aren't the stiffest, burliest, manliest skis ever made...but PM gear superbros fucking kill whatever is in front of them. Point and shoot!

Took them out yesterday and was super impresed again. I hope everone gets a chance to ski a pair at some point in their lives.

I had some Iggy 200cm FGS's mounted with Diamir II'2 I bought from Natty Dread.

They were stiff as fuck. No speed limit that I found at Hoodoo or Bachelor. Albeit the bindings scared me.

I loved the Rasta graphics. Pretty sure I sold them to someone here.

Brother had a pair of old Iggies given to him by the guy who made them. They were grey with either a Captain America shield design on them or the logo from the USAF. Can't remember exactly but they were very scary. I was man enough for a couple of runs. Next thing I know I woke up in the VC and the skis were sitting at the bar doing shots with the bartender and I had someone else's pants on. Those were the days. Oh, and Bluehouse Shoots.

Also had a pair of Iggys back in the early 2000's, can't remember the model, ffg maybe? Swear it took 60 days just to break em in, stiff AF! Man I loved those sticks! Probly had close to 200 days before the edges totally blew out and were no longer repairable, still have them laying around somewhere waiting to be a ski chair/couch/whatever, manliest skis I've ever been on by far.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Oh, and Bluehouse Shoots.
    As stiff as the Shoots are, I think theseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	867.9 KB 
ID:	210362
    are even stiffer!
    189 Bluehouse Proto Maven

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    I'd throw 1st gen Whitedot Ragnaroks into the round. One of the last big mountain chargers which were stiff like fuck and impossible to bend for mere mortals.
    I agree. The Ragnarok 193 is far stiffer than the Head Monster 108, even in 191.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    As stiff as the Shoots are, I think theseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	867.9 KB 
ID:	210362
    are even stiffer!
    189 Bluehouse Proto Maven
    Yikes, I remember when you guys were talking about those. And....tele binders? A few years ago my buddy blew her knee at the Bird and the first Patroller to show up was on Bluehouse Shoots with tele binders. He wasn't a very big guy either, just a Demi God. Not sure how he did that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0529.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	880.7 KB 
ID:	210405
    Love my Bluehouse.

What is the stiffest, burliest, baddest ski ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubulefou View Post
    I agree. The Ragnarok 193 is far stiffer than the Head Monster 108, even in 191.
    I flexed some DPS a few years back that was this kind of stiff. It was the stiffest ski Ive ever flexed.

How heavy was the ragnarok?

What were motherships like, I never skied them? The weight looks pretty beefy.

The Ragnarok are heavy : ~5400g
    Arild said in this forum about the Ragnarok : "I loved the original Squads in the 189 I got from TBC on the board. I really have to stop myself from calling the Ragnaroks "Squads" - they are that similar in feel, especially on hard packed. The Ragnaroks are even stiffer, though. Reasons could be a relatively similar sidecut, 35 vs 37m, the nose, which honestly feels very similar, and the flex, or lack there of. In short, I will forever think fondly of the Ragnaroks."

Lets keep this going. Any stiff skis to add to the list?
    The stiffest thing I have been on, other than 90's race sticks, was an RC 112. kind of surprised that there wasn't any mention of them earlier in this thread. The only reason I do not regret letting them go was because I traded them for a pair of spats.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    The stiffest thing I have been on, other than 90's race sticks, was an RC 112. kind of surprised that there wasn't any mention of them earlier in this thread. The only reason I do not regret letting them go was because I traded them for a pair of spats.
    It's funny, I clicked this thread to see how many times the RC112 was mentioned. I loved that ski when i was in proper shape to ski it. My friend hand flexed them and she named them "The White Sleds of Death" I had those Bluehouse Proto Mavens at the same time. Black and White. Good and Evil. Not the turniest of quivers, but they kept me honest. that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by eshed View Post
    It's funny, I clicked this thread to see how many times the RC112 was mentioned. I loved that ski when i was in proper shape to ski it. My friend hand flexed them and she named them "The White Sleds of Death" I had those Bluehouse Proto Mavens at the same time. Black and White. Good and Evil. Not the turniest of quivers, but they kept me honest. that's for sure.
    i had some bluehouse proto shoots...ungodly stiff...maybe if I was 300lbs and had the legs of a gymnast.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eshed View Post
    I didn't go through this entire thread but also thought of the RC112. I was going to say the Squads, too but noticed they were mentioned a few times early in the thread. RC112 was way more than I wanted. Maybe if I was 50 lbs heavier but, as I am, they're unbendable.

I had my Orange 203cm Volkl Shiros our to get tuned today and flexed them, they are stiff, not easy at all to hand flex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There are the 1970s skis: Head Comp 360, Dynamic VR 17 type skis. I bet that the brownish Stratos were stiffer than Squads/RC 112
    Garbones
    Super Bro/Hart Fuelie Boss
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    There are the 1970s skis: Head Comp 360, Dynamic VR 17 type skis. I bet that the brownish Stratos were stiffer than Squads/RC 112
    Garbones
    I honestly don't find the Superbros that stiff. But I only use them on groomers. They are far too long and cumbersome for me elsewhere.
    But on groomers I find them pretty reasonable.

K2 VO Slalom.. RD Coyote Heli Dogs were pretty plankish as well.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    I honestly don't find the Superbros that stiff. But I only use them on groomers. They are far too long and cumbersome for me elsewhere.
    But on groomers I find them pretty reasonable.
    They are really reasonable skis. Not super stiff, they'll haul ass for sure but feel comfortable everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Garbones
    I had a couple pair of VR17 back in the day, one which was a race stock pair. I didn't really notice anything too stiff about them but they were also in 207 so more leverage to make them bend. Plus I was younger and stronger back then so that didn't hurt...With the long straight skis, you needed something stiffer just to keep from chattering to death. Gaining torsional stiffness changed the game.