Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Tequila Tread

I don't know how we don't have one of these already. We have a thread for nearly every other kind of booze.

I really really like Tequila, over the past 3 months or so I have been on a quest to taste as many tequila’s as possible. I think I have about 20 or so under my belt right now the bulk of which have been Represado style. I have no credentials, formal training or skills I just know what I like. Thought I would share with the community, I dare say they’re few others on here who enjoy agave as well.

Prices range from about $22 (cuervo) to $65 (Herencia Mexicana). I haven’t stepped up to the next price range yet but I probably will shortly. Here is what I have found so far.

Silver/Blancos:
    Chaya – Over priced, for the money go with Cabo
    Cabo Wabo – I would recommend any of Cabo’s tequila’s bit pricy but I would go with them over paying for Patron
    Jose Cuervo Clasico – great if your mixing, not for shooting or sipping
    Corzo – another price but good option, you pay bit more for the fancy/trendy bottle of course

Reposados:
    Aha Toro - good tequila but I would select Cabo or Herradura for the price
    Don Eduardo - Solid
    Don Julio – Very nice, easily in my top 5
    Cabo Wabo – I haven’t found a better Represado for under $50, Herradura is a close second though
    Herencia Mexicana – Most excellent, probably my fav of the group but its $65
    Patron – Always a good choice but at that price I’m partial to Cabo
    Milagro – Probably my personal taste I do not enjoy drinking any of the 3 basic Milagros,
    Pancho Pistolas – Very good tequila, my favorite tequila bottle, a bit over priced but you gotta see the bottle
    Corralejo – Good for the money, cool bottle, very smooth. If you can find it for under $45 get it
    Corazon – Another one of these fancy bottle high priced tequila’s that I feel doesn’t stack up for the price
    Tres Generaciones – Not bad but you can do better for the price usually

Anejos:
    Herradura – Oh so good, Herradura does it right whatever it is their Blancos/Represados are also great. In most cases it’s the best tequila for the money.

Prices may very, I live in AK

Herezzzzzzzzz PANCHO
    Last edited by Loon; 05-06-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Anejos:
    Herradura – Oh so good, Herradura does it right whatever it is their Blancos/Represados are also great. In most cases it’s the best tequila for the money.
    I realize this is probably blasphemy for some, but herradura rocks with a lime on an hot day is pretty close to perfection for me.

For those in NYC area, Johnny Utahs in Rock Center area has a sick tequila selection*.

*And a mechanical bull that dirty b&t chicks ride every thursday night.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

Jesus the look at me attitude here is ridiculous. Starts in Ski forum goes to [insert TGR name]'s knee is fucked up, [insert TGR name]'s knee is better, [insert TGR name]'s closet of shit you don't need to buy is up for sale, Help [insert TGR name] find a date for Friday night, etc.

Fucking search for an existing thread instead of patting yourself on the fucking back.

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41208"]Favorite Tequila - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150644"]Any love for the Tequila and Tonic? - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129839"]Tequila... WTF!?! - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121544"]Tequila Infusion--need recipes - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

advres Guest
    I live right down the road from a place called the Sunset Cantina. Here is their tequila menu. I love the place but you would be in heaven...

Not an issue of patting oneself on the back. Just trying to share my findings with the community. You are correct though, I should have searched better, still not sure this belongs in any of the other threads, but I'll move it due to the fact that it is bad form to start a thread on a topic which has already been discussed. Just lay one more GTFO post on here and I'll kill it and post it in one of the other threads.

You spelled "thread" wrong in your title.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    You spelled "thread" wrong in your title.
    thats because I'm wasted, pretty stoked on the fact I got it up at all.

Sig-worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I kinda assumed that, just pointing it out.

I got a bottle of Hacienda de Chihuahua 100% Sotol Anejo as a gift and it is pretty good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mwthomsen View Post
    I got a bottle of Hacienda de Chihuahua 100% Sotol Anejo as a gift and it is pretty good stuff.
    +1. For the price, Hacienda de Chihuahua is tits.

I have a bottle of this:

given to me for my 40th bday, but I still haven't opened it, not much of a tequila fan.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You are aware its "reposado" right?
    Man, skiing is the easy part.

"He does this, he says, because he can. I think there is a little more to it that that, however. I think he does it because he can, and you cannot." - PacRimRider1 about Leo Brayman

Manana... dunno if you can get it in the US...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Not inexpensive at $45+ but this will give any a run for the money:

That ^^^ is the truth. First bottle of decent tequila I ever bought. Was a lot cheaper in Mexico. Still holds a special place in my heart and I buy a few bottles whenever I go back.
    Man, skiing is the easy part.

"He does this, he says, because he can. I think there is a little more to it that that, however. I think he does it because he can, and you cannot." - PacRimRider1 about Leo Brayman

Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    Not inexpensive at $45+ but this will give any a run for the money:

Everyone needs to do themselves a favor and follow this recommendation. Chamucos is the fucking deal.

Corralejo Reposado is easy to find for under $45. It's usually around $35 from what I recall. Good stuff at a great price.

Casadores is always a good reposado option too. It used to be dirt cheap until everyone figured this out eventually.

My favorite house is Herradura though. Their Anejo is ridiculous, and the Reposado is stellar. With many brands, the quality difference between the anejo and reposado is quite noticable. I don't find that to be true with Herradura. The Reposado is almost as good but simply has a different flavor that is almost as yummy. I actually know a couple of people who like the Reposado a little bit better. They're crazy though.

And while I'm on the subject of Anejo...I fucking hate most things Cuervo, but damn is De La Familia good. Like mindblowingly good.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Manana... dunno if you can get it in the US...
    Agreed, one of the best tequilas I've tried. It's cheap and easy to find in Mexico. I think it's possible to order it off the internet, but not cheap. Was recommended to us by a guy at a tequila shop in Mexico.

1800 also isn't bad. I think it's close to patron good, but much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    am i the only one that thought (at first) that the bottle doubles as a bong?

Herencia Mexicana Anejo is the answer.

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Some of my favorites....

Silver/Blanco Cuervo Platino is really good
    Repo: Corralejo for the price is the shit
    Anejo: I love Don Julio 1942 looking to try the Real

Value bottles:

Milagro line is decent for the price
    Hornitos Repo is solid as well
    is this thing on?

Helldawg Guest
    Man, you pretty much got owned.

But nice try! And good taste, Herradura rocks! As does Cabo Wabo.

Quote Originally Posted by brosia View Post
    1800 also isn't bad. I think it's close to patron good, but much cheaper.
    The 1800 anejo isn't bad. A bit carmelly from what I recall.

Just saw Corralejo Reposado for $30. Total steal.

Also, how could I forget Gran Centenario Anejo. So friggen' good.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."