Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Had a run in with tequila this weekend...
    One bottle of El Jimi with a couple jalapenos quartered and jammed in the bottle (sat for a week) made for some damn fine hot margaritas.
    Although I do think that next time a couple dried chipotle peppers would be better than the japs.

3 measures tequila
    1/2 measure contraeu
    Juice of one lime
    splash of agave nectar
    shaken
    Served over ice.

Patron is over priced and best left to the same crowed that is drinking grey goose and working on their fake tan and abs.

I have a bottle of Don Agustin that is nice and smooth and well rounded for sipping,

as well as a bottle of El Senior that is a little to heavy on the wood and smoke.

For the regular purchase I tend to go with Cazadores resp.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    And if you can get them, Meyer lemons make awesome marg.
    That's because they are much sweeter than Limes... same goes for Cointreau (or Citronge - so good for < $$) vs 3xSec.

I know this goes against the TGR purist group-think but a splash of simple syrup or Agave Nectar does not hurt a margarita. Quite the opposite IMHO.

+1

The use of a little agave nectar is how you can tell if you're dealing with a margarita pro...

Everything you need to know about tequila.

Best sippin' teekillya I ever had was 1492.

In the office staring at: Forteleza, Pura Vida(blanco, repo, an), Tanteo, Peligroso, Milagro, Olmeca (Altos Repo= good), Espolon, but the 1942 is calling me. But not wanting to piss anyone off too much, I'm going to settle for Riazul which is so banging it's like Geto Boyz= My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me for price and taste.
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

^^^ What kind of office has a tequila bar and will you hire me?

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    ^^^ What kind of office has a tequila bar and will you hire me?
    liquor store
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Liquor.com

Product samples @ a startup.
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

Picked up a bottle of Porfidio single barrel anejo yesterday. Its nice, I wish I could have one here in my hole that people call the office.

Casa Dragones
    $300/bottle
    Best ever.

Bumping this thread because I've been on a little tequila kick lately.

Drank a few sippers of these last night. Was interesting comparing an Anejo and a Reposado. The Tres Generationales wins for best tasting. I can't imagine diluting this with anything but an ice cube.

The Milagro won for the coolest bottle, it just makes you want to drink more so you can check out the agave in the glass.

was in Mexico and came back with a gift box set of El Gran Jurado tequila. The googles return nothing. Anyone have a clue about this stuff? Trying to decide whether to keep it or gift it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    was in Mexico and came back with a gift box set of El Gran Jurado tequila. The googles return nothing. Anyone have a clue about this stuff? Trying to decide whether to keep it or gift it.
    sounds like it was pretty good if you don't remember buying the gift box.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    sounds like it was pretty good if you don't remember buying the gift box.
    I remember buying it, but I bought it with credits we had at the resort, and was looking for ways to spend them in any way the resort would let me, one way being the gift box set. It "cost" $100 of the credit, but I certainly don't believe I walked away with $100 of tequila. Question is more did I walk away with $60 or $10?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I remember buying it, but I bought it with credits we had at the resort, and was looking for ways to spend them in any way the resort would let me, one way being the gift box set. It "cost" $100 of the credit, but I certainly don't believe I walked away with $100 of tequila. Question is more did I walk away with $60 or $10?
    as long as it is 100% agave, give it a try!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

I didn't think you could even get mixto in Mexico. I say drink it Danno!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Always been a fan of sipping Don Julio Añejo, and on the rare occasion, their 1942.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

I had a really bad experience with tequila in college 15 years ago and pretty much have flashbacks / DT's when I see a shot of it anymore. I heard Howard Stern pumping up Avion and ordered up a shot of it a few weeks ago. Went with the silver. It was as advertised. No burn. Super smooth. No salt, no lime needed, no chaser required. It was so good I siped it down instead of shooting it so I could enjoy the taste longer. Bought a bottle of it last weekend. Definately worth the purchase.

People who shoot good tequila need to be slapped.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here.. If you are looking for some sippers. You should check out Casa Noble Extra Anejo, so good!

And you if you wanna spend some $$$ check out Deleon Extra Anejo. Comes out cask strength and sits around 51%. Shit is so good.
    is this thing on?

Quote Originally Posted by joe4186 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here.. If you are looking for some sippers. You should check out Casa Noble Extra Anejo, so good!

And you if you wanna spend some $$$ check out Deleon Extra Anejo. Comes out cask strength and sits around 51%. Shit is so good.
    So good... horribly expensive...

Sent from my TI-89
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

What is it about tequila that it comes in some of the best/most interesting bottles ever?

This stuff - Clase Azul Reposado - might be something of a craze in SoCal. I got a bottle given to me by my future ex-son-in-law. It's really, really nice stuff, very smooth and rich. Highly recommended, but apparently spendy.

Clase Azul is (or was, atleast) made by Cofradia. They have a really impressive collection of ceramic bottles at their distillery. This is just a tiny sample, the only photo I could dredge up quickly.

There's a new Sheriff in my liquor cabinet and his name is Herencia Historico. Crushes every tequila I've ever had thus far. Amazing stuff.

Have we talked about Espolon yet? Great inexpensive tequila.