Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Support Dalton/Salomon Quest Insert Failure Facebook Group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5230227&v=info

people had been talking about starting a FB group, so I went ahead and did it. any feedback is much appreciated, negative or positive, especially if it relates to any misinformation or anything on there. i think i relayed it pretty clearly though.

That is a big wall of text in the description. I stopped reading after your point wasn't clear after reading like half of it. This is internet and everyone's attention span is about 2.5 seconds, make it short and clear if you want to get the message across.

Attach your 5000 word essay in the end for those who are interested. Oh yeah and use line breaks.

Joined, thanks for doing this.

Helldawg Guest
    Joining whine groups on FB (or really, anything on FB), is fucking ghey.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldawg View Post
    you're fucking ghey. no one appreciates the stupid shit you post on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by keksie View Post
    That is a big wall of text in the description. I stopped reading after your point wasn't clear after reading like half of it. This is internet and everyone's attention span is about 2.5 seconds, make it short and clear if you want to get the message across.

Attach your 5000 word essay in the end for those who are interested. Oh yeah and use line breaks.
    yeah i had a feeling it might be to much. i'd like someone who has more intimate knowledge to write the description, so someone please have at it!

Whining on TGR is no different...
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

i signed up for the fb page. Nate, once again you impress me with your attitude and character. in the "face of sheer adversity" you are finding worthy issues outside of yourself to focus on. the hardware issue, while important, is not my primary reason for joining this page (on fb). you are part of "our" tribe, one of us, and in a sense, a neighbor and fellow bird skier. instead of lashing out in anger you are sharing your time for others. perhaps by joining it is my way of expressing my attitude of "no rider left behind". i look forward to meeting you at your b-day party. it will be my privilege to raise a glass to your honor.

Good intentions by ECtreeskier, but I agree, the wording needs to be more concise.

Salomon, a subsidiary of Amer Sport, released a boot this winter called the Quest. It was designed to be compatible with DIN bindings, as well as "low tech touring bindings" such as Dynafit, via the use of sole inserts. The Tech binding insert has proven to be of very poor quality when compared to the standard Dynafit version, which is available to third parties for a premium price (some companies are using the Dynafit-branded inserts in their boots with great success). The metal piece running across the insert in the Quest boots, locking into the teeth of the binding, has proven to be very easy to deform, resulting in boot malfunction and serious injury in one case. Therefore, I encourage everyone to think twice before investing your money into a company who does not take the proper steps to keep their customers as safe as possible while doing what we love to do. Please, don't buy products from Salomon, Atomic, Arc'teryx, Suunto, Wilson, Precor and Mavic, the companies comprising Amer Sports, until they have shown they intend to make this right with the injured party, and to take further steps to ensure this never happens with another of their products. Read the links I have included, and make your own decision. To accept the user error we all have the potential to commit is one thing, but we cannot accept responsibility for the manufacturing error seen here.

just updated it to essentially what i posted above, let me know if you have any ideas on improving that. still seems maybe a touch long.

I signed up.

Helldawg, there are people of this board who are consistently obnoxious or whiny or down right weird who I suspect are decent folk in real life, and who I'd happily ski with. Then there is you, who, I suspect, are a complete fuckwhit on all planes of existence. You're the kind of guy who would sue a female-only gym for not allowing you membership.

info edited further, i think i like it now.

oh and invite your friends and whatnot, i'm waiting to send an email to amer sport till it gets fairly big, so i can include a link with a few hundred people or something backing it at the end of the email.

If anyone wants to unload some 916s, let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    If anyone wants to unload some 916s, let me know.
    ^^^^ Capitalizing on a temporary market dislocation. Maybe you missed your calling as a day trader

I joined the group, because I'm friends with Dalton and support the cause, but there are two issues I have with the page.

1) You say that "put a very unsafe and apparently untested product on the market" Do we in fact know that it wasn't tested, or rather, was it tested, and the results ignored. I don't remember reading anything confirming either. If you know, please share, because I'd like to know too.

2) As bitter, frustrated, angry, etc. as Dalton is with Salomon, it seems like he didn't want to start a I hate Salomon campaign, and let's boycott all of Amer's products. It seemed he was more interested in educating people about the defect in the product, and trying to spread the word, so others don't get hurt. And also, that he was also extremely moved by all the support and well wishes he received. It seems, to me anyway, that a facebook page that just simply stated the facts, and was more of a "we support you Dalton" would have been in better taste, and more appreciated by Dalton. He's a stand up guy, and a really awesome maggot. Based on everything he's said, and in talking to him, it seems like he wants to take the high road through this and not take cheap shots...I could be wrong though.

Helldawg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Whining on TGR is no different...
    Yes, it is. As wack as many of you here are, TGR is still, in fact, pretty cool.

Facebook has never been, and never will be cool. Neither is complaining like a little bitch on it...

good points, yeah i guess the untested is a bit presumptuous and wasn't supposed to seem like a solid fact. also, the group is not supposed to be an i hate salomon group. i forget if i wrote it in the current incarnation, but i have said that if they are going to make this right then i won't hold a grudge, and will buy their products again. as i have said a few times, if someone has a better grasp on this than i, please write it up and send it to me! i will gladly change it. it's supposed to be a community page, so please let me know if you have anything you want added or subtracted. again, i don't want to hate on salomon, i think they and the rest of amer sports has some great stuff. i just want to exercise my right to try and help dalton get what he deserves. also, dalton keeps telling me he's going to call, but i haven't heard from him in a few days, so dalton call me if you want anything on here to change!

if that's supposed to be a video, it didn't work, dumbass. also, how is this whining, anyway? i don't see whining as a means to an end, which is what we are trying to accomplish here.

gunit130 Guest
    hey bud, ahhh maybe just hit enter a few times so we can read what you wrote.

wall of text is not fun to read. and for the aarp tgr folk, i bet it hurts their eyes--could even cause a seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    I joined the group, because I'm friends with Dalton and support the cause, but there are two issues I have with the page.

1) You say that "put a very unsafe and apparently untested product on the market" Do we in fact know that it wasn't tested, or rather, was it tested, and the results ignored. ........

2) As bitter, frustrated, angry, etc. as Dalton is with Salomon, it seems like he didn't want to start a I hate Salomon campaign, and let's boycott all of Amer's products. It seemed he was more interested in educating people about the defect in the product, and trying to spread the word, so others don't get hurt. ......... him, it seems like he wants to take the high road through this and not take cheap shots...I could be wrong though.
    My thoughts:
    1) Doesn't matter - both are equally, horribly wrong. Morally and ethically.
    2) This is about salomon doing right, stepping up to the plate and helping this guy out. If they DON'T do it - boycott all their products. If that company's (Amer's) leadership is that weasely, spineless, cheap and unapologetic they will never see any of my business as long as I live. signing up to FB now

ps helldawg - please eat shit, thank you.

Helldawg, I'm still waiting for SOMETHING worthwhile from you. No real stoke, nothing funny and you just float around here looking for stuff to be a fag about. If you're not going to be constructive- kind of like keksie did, why not just go back to seeing what combinations of household items you can fit in your ass.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^^ Strong post
    Strolling down HIGH road don't pay the mortgage and the bills. Do you really believe amer corp is a nice big corperation with the best interest of the consumer trumping profits. Their lawyers aren't figuring a way out of the FUCKED
    UP situation they created with the least possible compensation Really????? I don't. I think the bigger fuss and the more people that are aware of this shit the better it's gonna be for Dalton SOONER. The more they will strive to prevent the release of SHIT products.
    Wasatch Powders skis has removed the couple pair of soli demo binders has joined the facebook page to help send a small message, in addition to calling salomon expressing it's displeasure, if that's gay, Bi curious or whatever so be it. D's got a great attitude and hopefully makes a full and total recovery.
    But if you could face the prospect of never being able to ski the same again or facing pain the rest of your life more so later as the body ages on the high road turning the other cheek you are a better bro than I.
    EDIT that would refer to G from T's post not that DW isn't true
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^^^ Strong post
    Strolling down HIGH road don't pay the mortgage and the bills. Do you really believe amer corp is a nice big corperation with the best interest of the consumer trumping profits. Their lawyers aren't figuring a way out of the FUCKED
    UP situation they created with the least possible compensation Really????? I don't. I think the bigger fuss and the more people that are aware of this shit the better it's gonna be for Dalton SOONER. The more they will strive to prevent the release of SHIT products.
    Wasatch Powders skis has removed the couple pair of soli demo binders has joined the facebook page to help send a small message, in addition to calling salomon expressing it's displeasure, if that's gay, Bi curious or whatever so be it. D's got a great attitude and hopefully makes a full and total recovery.
    But if you could face the prospect of never being able to ski the same again or facing pain the rest of your life more so later as the body ages on the high road turning the other cheek you are a better bro than I.
    EDIT that would refer to G from T's post not that DW isn't true
    Eggsackly. Well said and goodonya dood. I think the part that the naysayers are looking beyond is that if people don't make a stink about this, what's stopping them or other companies from putting profits over safety? If we just go on buying and using Solly/Amer products, we're basically saying "Yeah, you fucked up, it almost killed someone and you're currently trying to weasel out of your responsibilities but I think it's cool, here- have some money."
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

not enough nun fisters in that community