Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76
Results 1,876 to 1,881 of 1881
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    That's mean!! The surgery is 8/5.
    And it's hard to tell what different docs mean by 'recovery'. I can tell you, and I'm guessing your doc did too, but there is no 'all the way back'. There were a few things that kept getting better after the 2 year mark too.
    How many years has it been since your tibial plateau fracture?

Iím 6 years post ACL reconstruction and 18 months post tibial plateau repair on the same knee. Iím nowhere near ďall the way backĒ and at this time/age Iím not expecting to return to my pre-injuries function (lacrosse, running, basketball, etc). I would, however, like to still maintain skiing and biking abilities. But, Iím wondering how conservative I should be to fend off a TKR as long as possible.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

mine was February of 14. I can still ski/climb/bike at reduced levels and with pain. The main problem for me is I'm a server and standing up all night, especially when slow, makes it stiffen up to the point walking is difficult. Since making the appointment things have mostly been better (I hate that), but I did have my worst night ever at work so that made me feel better. The stiffness seemed to be getting worse rapidly, and the combination of the possibility of elective surgeries going away again led me to get the process going. Hopefully I can make it work so i'm getting some form of covid pay during the recovery.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    That's mean!! The surgery is 8/5.
    And it's hard to tell what different docs mean by 'recovery'. I can tell you, and I'm guessing your doc did too, but there is no 'all the way back'. There were a few things that kept getting better after the 2 year mark too.
    Dyslexia strikes again. Best of luck on 8/5 too!

Yeah understand not all the way back. You seemed to be skiing well when I got out on tour with you back in Ď16

It has gotten worse, but still not bad as long as its soft. I seemed to do something to a ligament in mid february that isn't helping things either
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Is Orr doing your surgery, powdork?

Almost one year

I am about 2 weeks short of one year after my ORIF surgery (2 plates and 11 screws+ bone graft). I am 43 years old, athletic, but had prior osteoarthritis already. I was nwb for a full 3 months, and was still using some sort of walking device (graduated from both crutches to one crutch to a cane) for another month or two. I felt pretty disabled still until 7 months when I started to feel more normal again. Iím doing okay now, almost have my full ROM back but still canít do high impact stuff and still have some stiffness and muscle weakness, despite training with heavier weights now for squats and deadlifts (about 3/4 of my body weight). Overall, recovery has been very slow but steady. Sometimes I also feel an ache that I feel sure is my hardware. Last week I couldnít sleep well because of it (first time it was that bad). Iím talking to the surgeon next week and hoping he will let me take it out because Iíve heard it feels much better once itís out. How long is recovery after hardware removal? Do you still need physiotherapy afterwards? Also I have keloid scars from the incisions where my brace rubbed around the knee area) which feels tender and irritated on a regular basis.. anyone know what can be done about this?