Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    that look's Sweet!!! I will definatley take one!!! Although I would be strapping it to my pipe rack on the truck. This is a great..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Looks great. The only thing I have to add is square the back of it off instead of bringing it back closer to the reel. So, just a box shape. Seems like a simpler design, plus you gain nothing by bringing it back closer. Just my .02
    What he said. My 7 weight with fighing butt will fit in a 6"x6"x3" box. That is from the bottom of the reel to top of the rod. With that said, the bump out is steezzziiiieee and might help support the reel on bigger rods (think 4 wheelin' trail).
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    What he said. My 7 weight with fighing butt will fit in a 6"x6"x3" box. That is from the bottom of the reel to top of the rod. With that said, the bump out is steezzziiiieee and might help support the reel on bigger rods (think 4 wheelin' trail).
    That was my thought on with the bump out, plus it will lighten things up a bit.

Final version, I don't anticipate any major changes from here on. I might change the hinge, that just depends on what is around when I buy them.

Top down, 8"x10"

Front. Upper portion measures 10" wide total, lower portion 6.25" wide, and the height is 8".

Left side (towards back of vehicle). 8" wide, 8" tall.

Ride side (towards front of vehicle). 2" PVC tubes (supplied by you) are 3.5" on center.

Back hatch opened partway. Note that the latch is not properly represented here.

Cutaway from the front. Interior is 5.5" wide as well as tall (measured from center of rod tube). At the tallest point, it is 7.5" tall, and at its widest (to accommodate fighting butts) it is 7.25".

Left side (towards back of vehicle) with hatch open. Interior is 7.5" wide, there is approx. 2" from the center of the tubes to the outside walls.

For right now, I'm going to work with the 3 people who have paid. After I get a couple built and know that I charged enough to buy supplies and beer, I'll post up the price again.
    Last edited by krp8128; 05-04-2010 at 11:10 AM.

I was going to follow up with a few reel dimensions, but it looks like what you've got will cover anything I've got except for a large 11/12 reel that fits onto my two hander. I wouldn't be able to fit that into this anyway due to the butt section on the rod. So I'm definitely down with the final design.

On a side note, a personal "THANK YOU" for all the time you've put into this. I know it's not easy and the hard work is yet to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball View Post
    On a side note, a personal "THANK YOU" for all the time you've put into this. I know it's not easy and the hard work is yet to be done.
    Not a problem, hopefully I'll start fishing again SOON and get to use on for myself.

Current list (copy and add your name)

Pow4Brains, paypal 5/3

telee, check in the mail
    Happy Fun Ball, paypal 5/4
    Gretch6364

If you paypal me, please include your TGR name somewhere in the payment!

Fuck it, I'm in! This looks just too cool not to have. I am even thinking about a way to change out the length of the tubes to accommodate saltwater spinning rods (with the reels off).

PM me your Paypal info and I will shoot a payment right over. Thanks for doing this!!

Pow4Brains, paypal 5/3
    telee, check in the mail
    Gretch6364
    DEVO
    on the send bus to gnar town

So did you want us to wait and not pay you if we are not one of the original three? If that is the case, no worries. I understand you don't want to much price committment until you see what the final cost is. If you want payment, just PM me. Otherwise, let us know what the new price is after the first batch and I will be first in line.

Thanks again.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Final drawings look great. I guess I am out until the finish product though, which is OK, definitely want one though. I cannot wait to see the final product. Is this going to be a mold injected PVC product or Fiberglass formed? Color will be white I take it? Projected completion date? Thanks for taking this on!!
    I have many friends who want one as well.
    Pow4Brains, paypal 5/3
    telee, check in the mail
    Gretch6364
    DEVO
    2FUNKY

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Is this going to be a mold injected PVC product or Fiberglass formed? Color will be white I take it? Projected completion date?
    Fiberglass for now, easy for me to work with. I'll probably paint them white, as most will be using plain white PVC. Possibly black, if people plan on getting black ABS instead.

I'd like to have the first few done towards the end of the month.

Black please. I think white will stick out like a sore thumb saying; “What’s in the cool looking tube? I want it.”, unless you have a white car of course.

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Please add one in for me!! This look's like it should work great!! I will have may friends who will want one . Let me know if i should send some $$ to reserve. Thanks!!
    Pow4Brains, paypal 5/3
    telee, check in the mail
    Gretch6364
    DEVO
    2FUNKY
    sunpower

There is already a patented rod holder that looks much like this one... You may want to look into this...

Quote Originally Posted by cubcreek View Post
    There is already a patented rod holder that looks much like this one... You may want to look into this...
    Where did you come from, and where is this rod holder?

Split k00k. A friend is building us a part, we are paying for materials. EAT A FAT DICK!

I'm interested, I'd just like to see how they turn out first.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I'm in looks killer I think white may keep things cooler
    Pow4Brains, paypal 5/3
    telee, check in the mail
    Gretch6364
    DEVO
    2FUNKY
    sunpower
    SFB
    will paypal whenever if you need material $$$ be happy to add more if costs slightly overrun
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The one you are referring to is the Sportube Double Haul. Why not just say that douche? They are similar yet very different in design, so no patent infringement. While the Sportube is a decent design, this one blows it away in my opinion without even seeing the final product.

And this:
    A friend is building us a part, we are paying for materials. EAT A FAT DICK!
    White please for me. Can send money any time, just give me a shout.

I am in for 2, with a strong possibility of a 3rd. Either color would be just fine with me, if one is easier than the other, but if we are taking a vote black would do with my current rack set up better than white.

Pow4Brains, paypal 5/3
    telee, check in the mail
    Gretch6364
    DEVO
    2FUNKY
    sunpower
    SFB
    Donkey Punch-I'll gladly take two.
    Last edited by Donkey Punch; 05-08-2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: color opinion
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Pow4Brains, paypal 5/3
    telee, check in the mail
    Gretch6364
    DEVO
    2FUNKY
    sunpower
    SFB
    Adipose
    "and not when I come to die, discover that I have not lived"
    H.D. Thoreau

Pow4Brains, paypal 5/3
    telee, check received 5/10
    Gretch6364
    DEVO
    2FUNKY
    sunpower, paypal deposit 5/5
    SFB
    Adipose deposit in the mail

Updated for my purposes
    Last edited by krp8128; 05-10-2010 at 02:45 PM.

I think I have sent a PM to everyone on the list about a deposit, if not PM me. If I sent you 2 PMs, sorry about that.

NO it is not the sport tube

The Titan Rod Vault is the name www.Titanrodvault.com

NO it is not the sport tube

The Titan Rod Vault is the name www.Titanrodvault.com
    Some questions then:

1. What is the patent #? Everything I found lead me to a patent from 1990, which is expired.
    2. Why did you either make an alias or join to to make your post?
    3. What is your association with this company?

that Titan looks nice, but jeebus, $470 shipped????
    on the send bus to gnar town