Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    So now that you have the first 4 done, when do you think you will start the second batch...ie, when do you want me to pay you? Please shoot me a PM with the payment info and shipping estimate whenever you are ready.

My zip code is 80204. They look great BTW!
    I'll let you know late tomorrow night, I am expecting a call that might drastically affect my free time next week....

Look's totally awsome!! Putting my $$ in Pay Pal and I will PM the shipping address. Thanks again! I am sure it was not an easy task the process looks a litttle toxic hope you were wearing a respirator or at least a dust mask. A long with payment you get a Bro fishing pass when you make it across the PA border and come out to the mighty West look me up I will try my hardest to get you hooked up!!

Sweet. PM Sent!

Right on Mang! Additional funds = sent. Please glue the foam in for me.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Hey Pow4brains, you sent the funds to the wrong guy. Thanks for the beer money though
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Fugg, I guess you'll just have to send me another jacket.

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

I dont have any more. Still have some black and red pants though.

If you'll take another $100 for them I'm in.

Send the funds and I send pants. Hows that for simple Shoot me your address again though. I am way too lazy today to search for it.

Funds = sent to Professor and krp8128 for shipping.

Thanks for beating my wallet fellas, expect a call from my wife.

And now back to your regularly scheduled fishing thread

Here's what is going out tomorrow morning:

Pow4Brains-Paid in full
    Happy Fun Ball-Paid in Full
    Sunpower-Paid in full
    2Funky-Paid in full

Donkey Punch gets the next one, he is paid in full and has a trip coming up. I'll have yours, in black, to UPS by Thursday. They guarantee delivery by July 1st even if I ship it out Friday, but why cut it that close....

I should have one more ready to go on Thursday as well.

As for the rest, I need to play it by ear. I only bought 6 hinges/latches (needed to make sure everything worked first), and am waiting to hear back about a job so i don't want to 100% commit to anything at the moment. That being said, i will keep popping them out of the mold and once I have a few done I'll order up some more hinges. Worst case, My dad paints and puts together a few!

Thanks for the patience everyone, I forgot how much working with fiberglass sucks day in and day out. Things were slow in the beginning getting the kinks of the process and design worked out, but now it is going pretty smooth, aside from sanding those curves before paint...

On that note, does anyone object to a slight texture finish on the paint? I'd like to find somehting that mimicks the texture of automotive plastic.
    Last edited by krp8128; 06-21-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Fuck UPS for only being open 4-6pm...

Everyone from my last post should have got a tracking number via PM or e-mail. 2Funky I need your shipping addy, and it will go out Thursday night along with DP.

SWEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!! Got mine today! This came out very cool!! I can't wait to get it rigged on the truck. It look's Profesional Thank you for a Job well Done!! I am sure it was not as easy as you thought, every time I stash a rod fully rigged rod ready to go your efforts will be appreciated!!! I am going to put on 10' tubes and try to figure the best way to attach to my truck's pipe rack, stay tuned I will post a photo when attached. I may even paint to match the truck.

Mine showed up the other day, nice work krp8128 they turned out great.

What are peeps doing to mount the pipes to your roof rack? I'm thinking about bending some flat stock around it then just drilling holes in the rack.

Just got mine unpacked. Looks schweet. As for mounting I can't decide if I am going to use quickfist clamps, or SS "U" bolts. I like the quickfists because they will be fast, but the U bolts would be more secure.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

What's a quickfist [mind in the gutter/]?

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    What's a quickfist [mind in the gutter/]?
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te....form23&Go.x=0

Oh and never go for a quick fisting, she won't be a fan.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

krp8128. You have a PM. Still no box for me?

I got back into town at 12:15 am Wednesday and was gone again by 4pm, and just got back late last night. I'll have a few in the next couple of days ready to go out.

And

Jeesus last week was hot/humid ont he east coast. I went out to the shop a few times early in the wek to work on stuff and couldn;t do it, my respirator was filling up with sweat...

UPS is open 4-6pm tomorrow, going out then will be 2Funky and Impact Hottub.

Adipose, skifishbum and telee (still waiting to hear from you!!!) are up next.

Here's my current situation, I am still unemployed, still living (unfortunately) with the parents. Incredibly fucking broke at the moment, just had to borrow money from my old roomate to pay some bills. I'm in and out of town for job interviews and such, but so far nothing has come of anything. I don't want to commit to a ton more of these boxes, as I don't want to have unfinished orders when i am trying to move for a job. They are not coming out as quick as I had hoped, and I am getting a little sick of them.

Since I am out of hinges and latches, I am going to wait until the next 3 boxes are done, then order another 6 sets. Basically this means that (as of now) 3 more boxes are up for grabs. Please, don't send $$ until I give word that things are moving along to where I feel comfortable taking payments again.

Adipose, skifishbum and telee (still waiting to hear from you!!!) are up next.
    Havent been on lately, PM me the balance and i will get it going!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

To anyone who has/will send me a check, I have a new address. PM me for it.

Just plain WOW! these are looking fantastic, way to run with it and good luck with the job hunt

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post

Finally got some time to try and rig this up, so I glued in my tubes and was getting ready to mount to the truck when I noticed that the couplings that were molded in to the case were cracked actually the fiberglass around the couplings cracked I guess from stress of the tubes(pvc) they actually are kinda heavy. So upon further inspection it look's like the fiberglass never really grabed the pvc couplings when the mold was made, maybe they don't like each other?? You can see where the pvc was scratched up to help the bond but I don't think it happend I still think this is a great Idea but maybe the materials are a bit heavy?? ABS black plastic or maybe electrical conduit (still heavy) would work better. Please note I am not complaining!! I was well aware what I was getting into.. I still think krp8128 did a great job I still appreciate the effort and hard work!!!! I am not looking for a refund at all!!Thinking back the ABS pipe would have been a much better choice for the tubes. How are all the others working out??