Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    also, 21st is on the 16th, probably gonna try and get up to the bird to drink beers that weekend if anyone's around. maybe i'll bring up a 30 or two, park on the bypass, if anyone's lappin i'd love to grill or something and chat between laps.
    man you definitely get my big balls vote for courage and cheer in the face of adversity. i am unable to look at the vid - used to be an icu, er, flight nurse way back in the day - and i can just roll mental re-runs to get the picture. stay tuned and if the 16th is your b-day and you will be there i will bring meat and food - someone else will need to bring the grill and charcoal. make your meat selections now and i will round stuff up. keep up the good attitude - cause in the end attitude is everything.

thanks man, yeah the way i see shit, and it was the same after getting in that slide, is that it doesn't help to look at what could've gone differently. take a lesson from it and move on, no use dwelling on that shit. plus, after 140 day season, it's not all bad to have a few weeks of serious r'n'r! my dad had a plane ticket to use and came out to give me a hand for a couple days, so i just try to stay positive and am already excited to get this damn cast off in a few weeks so i can start gettin after some rehab. big plans to pursue for next season, and that's what keeps me goin. i guess anyone who's gonna be at the bird on the 15th and/or 16th, just post in here or shoot me a pm or somethin and lets get something goin, it'd be nice to see everyone at least one last time this year.

Sounds like a good time Nate. Way to keep positive. If it goes down I'll try to join in the fun. I used to have a small propane grill, but tossed it when I moved last. I bet somebody's got something usable. Or I might be able to borrow one from a buddy.
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

I've got a grill and it comes with me to the bird almost every weekend in the spring. I would be 100% down to bring it up for your 21st Nate. Its not big and the lid sucks but it cooks meat with fire so its all good.
    09/10 (BIRD) : 110 (98)
    10/11(Concussions) : 68 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Dude snowbird called wps you left your bros, boots and poles on the tramdeck
    We were worried you had a bad shroom trip the 4th and were stuck cowering in a corner of the basshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    sfb - thanks - that is my locker - picked them up on saturday - they are great skis!

Bad photo with lack of contrast. but, I'm sure you get the idea..........
    I like Spring in LCC......
    It's white out, get it.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4010053.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	78239  
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

ok. so some beef, pork, rolls...its on... MAY 15 & 16! b-day for Nate!

so i just try to stay positive
    Just wait till the pain killers run out.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by pointedem View Post
    run out of legal meds in UT
    bbbbbbwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
    yeah right
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by pointedem View Post
    gonna take awhile to go through 120 oxycodones. not to mention the lortab i have left over from one of my shoulder injuries.

andy, i wish i knew which crack on the way down was my leg as opposed to me hitting trees (not really). this thread just keeps getting better, thanks for keeping me entertained sam. also, 21st is on the 16th, probably gonna try and get up to the bird to drink beers that weekend if anyone's around. maybe i'll bring up a 30 or two, park on the bypass, if anyone's lappin i'd love to grill or something and chat between laps.
    hell yes, i'll be there, bypass or just post up on the plaza, push a few tables together and be next to the tram.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    So they might pull his ip addy? I'd be pissed that my buddy was using my internet for such nefarious purposes.
    Seriously, everyone who wants him to own up to this should run down to the station this morning and fess up to every time they drove drunk or committed any other traffic offenses.
    They certainly could. I would assume it would be a bunch of paperwork for them, plus a cost in the 3 figures to get the subpeona. If they think he moved the gate that caused tens of people to get their passes pulled I would assume the chances are as good as not that they would.

Of course he didnt actually admit to pulling the gate, just admitted that he was one of the people in the party. He is still guilty of skiing out of bounds and could get banned for a year. I bet if he called them, apologized, and told them he was in the party that moved the gate but he didnt move it, he was just following others, but didnt give them his real name, they would probably not go to the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    push a few tables together and be next to the tram.
    was also thinking that, definitely like it, just don't know how easy it'll be to get myself up there, and wouldn't that pretty much kill the food idea? btw i think i will have run through all your dvd's at that point, so i'll try and bring em back then. just finishing up traffic right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuperGaperWithaCherryOnTop View Post
    They certainly could. I would assume it would be a bunch of paperwork for them, plus a cost in the 3 figures to get the subpeona. If they think he moved the gate that caused tens of people to get their passes pulled I would assume the chances are as good as not that they would.
    Damn, Dick Bass does law enforcement now?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    does he pack his own heat or the sherpas do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-TEEF'S Ghost View Post
    It seems that many SB patrollers read these forums.

I'll post up some stoke tonight.
    YO APD how them 191 lhasas treatin ya ?
    FKNA Corn slayers huh
    Where's that stoke?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

looks like a sweet day shapin up at the bird. may head over to alta after a few laps in mb.

was also thinking that, definitely like it, just don't know how easy it'll be to get myself up there, and wouldn't that pretty much kill the food idea? btw i think i will have run through all your dvd's at that point, so i'll try and bring em back then. just finishing up traffic right now.
    Damn, unfortunately I'm working on the 16th so no B-day festivities for me.

Grilling right on the plaza is definitely legit though, I do it all the time. BYO food and beer and have at it. I've got a portable propane grill for just such occasions if you need one. Getting there is easy, have a bro drop you off at the center, or park in handicapped if you drive yourself, then just take the elevator up.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

word, you gonna be there on the 15th sam?

Unfortunately I'm working from the 14th-17th so I miss that whole weekend. I always forget to schedule myself for weekend operation this time ofyear, crap. My count is pretty disappointing for me this year, I'll be lucky to break 90.

OK, time to go ski.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

this whole thread makes me really stoked that I am still a short [4.5hr] drive from JH while living in SLC. and at least there's skin tracks across the road. But still, the bird needs some gates that are always open. Maybe put spikes of death around them and set them up so you have to hike uphill a couple hundred feet to get to them to keep away the gapers? Or maybe ol' Dick should sell the few feet of land around the gate entrances to the forest service so he can't get sued as easy?

I got questioned by patrol in the blackjack area at 3:30p on Sunday and was let go because I had the right attitude and completely fessed up. But muther effer. the LLC has so much drama and it makes my favorite pastime of lift-assisted (but still hiking/skinning) beyond-boundary pow-skiing difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by snomaster View Post
    set them up so you have to hike uphill a couple hundred feet to get to them to keep away the gapers?
    that seems like a really good idea.

How does Snowbird always keep the side country gates closed? Does it access terrain that is owned by Dick? Are there no places where the boundary butts up against FS land?

there's one gate at the bottom of mineral that's permanently open, everyone seems to ignore it though, which is just fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    How does Snowbird always keep the side country gates closed? Does it access terrain that is owned by Dick? Are there no places where the boundary butts up against FS land?
    Well that armpit gate into alta is FS land. Thats what the sign said this past saturday....it was an FS sign.

Im told that the bird still controls that, but if you went under and didnt go back into their resort (private property), like maybe drive a car back down to bird after an alta run i dont think they could do much.

After talking with a few people it seems that this is obviously for snowbird to choose. Heck they could even close it for the season from what im told, if they so chose. I've just personally never seen them do that. I also have never seens 7 feet of snow in 4 days in end april begin may either so...protecting the paying customers is a must.

I was also originally under the assumption that if the high baldy traverse gate was open that access to Alta was a go. I've now learned different.

Lets hope they dont close the gate for the rest of the season.

ok so skiing is like sex - good and better but not bad. today was a mixed bag of conditions. started out bluebird and crunchy then went very soft on south faces like in mb or regulator. north faces stayed on the icy side but not bad. the temps were nice - skater shorts a thermal top under a short sleeved tie die. traversed over to baldy express - snow was breakable crust. did laps off the tram rest of day - down both sides - gad was nice later in the day. seemed like alot of injuries today for so few skiers. it was tricky off the groomers. i tried out some atomic 9-22's 170cm. good on groomed but sucked of piste. my fatties would have been better but it was unsettled. by early afternoon cirrus and later cumulus clouds moved in. mb closes at 2:30, lc and the tram at 3. i finished at creekside since i hitch a ride.

here are some pics from cinqo de mayo:

lower traverse over to sugar cliffs area

mostly untracked in sugar cliffs area