Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Happy autobahning.
    How do you intend to get that accomplished with the stateside speed limit?

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Greetings from Germany. Been too busy sitting in bier gartens drinking hefeweissen and eating bratwurst to check in with you knuckleheads
    glad you're drinking for 5!

Ford Flex with twin turbo six?

The tax credit to my knowledge, based on my cpa, a friend who claimed it last year, and online research, is valid for trucks/SUV's that have a gross vehicle weight rating or GVWR (which can be found on the drivers side door) of greater than 6000lbs. Unfortunately the MDX is rated at 5952 or something thereabouts so just a 48 stupid pounds off.

As the owner of a corporation I get to deduct something along the lines of $25k + some other smaller percentage of the vehicle's value from my S-corp's earnings if the vehicle is used for business. This apparently also applies to new or used vehicles, they just have to be new to the corporation and used for work. Doesn't really matter what that work is.

So, you do the math on the amount that this saves me, but for fun lets say its a 30% tax rate on just the $25k, that saves me $7500k in taxes. Good for Comish, bad for Uncle Sam and a completely stupid policy. That makes a $28k Q7 cost me closer to $20k. Pretty hard to look that in face and say no, especially when it does drive pretty well for a ginormous 7 seater SUV.
    He who has the most fun wins!