Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

San Fran trying to boycott Arizona...

Here is the article:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/polit...-92307974.html

Can someone give us a list of Arizona based Company's and products and then a list of San Fran based Company's and products?

I want to buy and use as many Arizona products as possible and start a personal ban on San Fran items.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of....why is it so wrong for police doing normal traffic stops to ask the person for ID and proof of citizenship?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I think I am going to Boycott San Fran.

In fact a lady told me she wanted to go see Slayer in San Fran.

I said Naw not in San Fran. Now if it was Lodi or Sac ? maybe but not San Fran
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Here is the article:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/polit...-92307974.html

Can someone give us a list of Arizona based Company's and products and then a list of San Fran based Company's and products?

I want to buy and use as many Arizona products as possible and start a personal ban on San Fran items.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of....why is it so wrong for police doing normal traffic stops to ask the person for ID and proof of citizenship?
    And Why would San Fran Be sending City Emplyee's To AZ ? I mean really. Is the Golf that much better?

BTW how was Sundance in Utah this year?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Got proper ID for this thread?

Try Polly Ass.

if you want to boycott san fran
    you need to stop using the internet

boycotting arizona is easy
    no much comes out of there except immigrant hate.

in addition
    this is a losing battle as due to shifting demographics all pro-immigration initiatives will win in the next 10-15 years.
    yes this will cause discomfort to a lot of people, especially in white conservative areas, but its hard to fight against numbers.

why is it so wrong for police doing normal traffic stops to ask the person for ID and proof of citizenship?
    how about the 4th and 14th amendments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    how about the 4th and 14th amendments.
    Was just about to say that.

And potentially the Supremacy Clause.

Don't get me wrong, I think boycotting AZ is utterly idiotic (just as I thought the calls to boycott UT after CA's Proposition 8 passed were idiotic). But that doesn't mean their law is constitutional.

Good luck boycotting SF companies.

Edit: And Poli Asshattery is the right place for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

.why is it so wrong for police doing normal traffic stops to ask the person for ID and proof of citizenship?
    Dunno, it's your constitution, look it up?

With Bush out of office, the people in SF must be bored, and need somthing to get them into the streets, naked, yelling....

Quote Originally Posted by ski_trader View Post
    boycotting arizona is easy
    no much comes out of there except immigrant hate.
    To be fair its the ILLEGAL immigration that has so many people pissed off. Yes the US almost all immigrants, and descendants of immigrants. But the vast majority of those original immigrants did it the legal way once there was a law and the ability to do so.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Your decision to boycott SF companies based on the behavior and opinions of some SF/CA Public Figures makes as much sense as those Public Figures' clamoring for a boycott of Arizona companies based on the behavior and opinions of some AZ Public Figures. Try not to contradict yourself if you want to be taken seriously next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
    To be fair its the ILLEGAL immigration that has so many people pissed off. Yes the US almost all immigrants, and descendants of immigrants. But the vast majority of those original immigrants did it the legal way once there was a law and the ability to do so.
    legal, illegal ... despite what some would have you believe, the vast vast majority of illegal immigrants work very low paying jobs, and are not out here to commit crimes or siphon off welfare money. the average legal (recent i.e. first/second generation) immigrant will have friends and acquaintances and even relatives who are illegal and will thus feel passionate about any attempt to make life hard for "illegals" and support any initiative to improve it. when you factor , the natural sympathy one has for members of their own ethnic community, you might understand that a lot of immigrants view their legal status as a matter of luck and a product circumstances and wish other illegals would have the same opportunity.

Gretch needs to boycott apostrophes.

^^^^^ Total dumbfuck (this is directed at Ski Trader,not tipp)

Newsflash - the constitution does not apply to non-US citizens. Well - at least it didn't until a year ago.

Gretch - Smith Enterprise is (I believe) based in AZ. They make the Vortex - the most kickass flash suppressor in exsistence. I've got one on my .308 and I was going to just put a cheap Phantom knock-off on my AK, but since this whole SF boycott thing came up I'm gonna spend the money to put a Vortex on it.

Smith Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by ski_trader View Post
    the average legal (recent i.e. first/second generation) immigrant will have friends and acquaintances and even relatives who are illegal and will thus feel passionate about any attempt to make life hard for "illegals" and support any initiative to improve it. when you factor , the natural sympathy one has for members of their own ethnic community, you might understand that a lot of immigrants view their legal status as a matter of luck and a product circumstances and wish other illegals would have the same opportunity.
    Fuck me.

I must be doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Newsflash - the constitution does not apply to non-US citizens. Well - at least it didn't until a year ago.
    Naturally, the cops will have a psychic ability to only ask for proof of citizenship from the non-US citizen brown-looking guys, and will never ask for proof from the US-citizen brown-looking guys who are [should be] protected by the constitution.

not saying that the constitution applies to non citizens
    or that illegal immigration is legal
    just explaining why recent legal immigrants tend to support illegal ones.. the line is often blurrier than it appears.
    all for the sake of understanding the trends that influence our future.
    its all pretty simple, it just takes time to play out, and there will be a lot of tension ,obviously, as it does. you can extrapolate other social trends supported by demographics similarly (e.g. the less educated, conservative, religious middle america citizen losing economic and political power)

Quote Originally Posted by dumbfuck View Post
    not saying that the constitution applies to non citizens
    or that illegal immigration is legal
    just explaining why recent legal immigrants tend to support illegal ones.. the line is often blurrier than it appears.
    all for the sake of understanding the trends that influence our future.
    its all pretty simple, it just takes time to play out, and there will be a lot of tension ,obviously, as it does. you can extrapolate other social trends supported by demographics similarly (e.g. the less educated, conservative, religious middle america citizen losing economic and political power)
    Hmmm... I still say you are a dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    ]

What? Who does it apply to?

[QUOTE=Jer;2848417Newsflash - the constitution does not apply to non-US citizens. [/QUOTE]

Not true...

There are a few rights reserved for citizens. Among them are the right to vote, the right to hold most federal jobs, and the right to run for political office

Absolutely nothing. In fact they will also ask for proof of insurance.

It is a complex issue. People like me want the jobs to be filled by people doing things legally: if no one will work the jobs but certain illegals, let the illegals get a visa.

But if you are a 2nd generation US citizen whose grandparents were from Mexico, and you start getting stopped for being brown, is this right? Of course the proponents are going to say this wont happen, but do you think they would of been ameniable to say a $10,000 fine every time a cop did this?

They are asking for ID...not performing a search or siezure without cause. When I get pulled over, they ask for my drivers license...is that a violation of my rights? Forcing me to show ID? And the 14th? How is this law a violation? Please explain?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuperGaperWithaCherryOnTop View Post
    Absolutely nothing. In fact they will also ask for proof of insurance.

It is a complex issue. People like me want the jobs to be filled by people doing things legally: if no one will work the jobs but certain illegals, let the illegals get a visa.

But if you are a 2nd generation US citizen whose grandparents were from Mexico, and you start getting stopped for being brown, is this right? Of course the proponents are going to say this wont happen, but do you think they would of been ameniable to say a $10,000 fine every time a cop did this?
    I was under the impression that the request for proof of citizenship had to be done in the normal course of police work and they couldn't just pull you over purely for the purpose of checking citizenship....am I incorrect?

I think gretch and jer should just fuck and get it over with.

i'm distraught michael moore won't be vacationing to arizona, they don't seem to have enough people visiting there.