Arrow 80MPH This Morning at the Bird ! ! !

Just another day on the hill. Ho-hum. If you've ever been clocked at high speed you knew it was just a matter of time before someone would be able to quantify what you've known all along; It's possible to friggin ski fast.

Although downhillers and GSers in speed suits, with custom skis, and magic wax concoctions, can reach into the 80's and sometimes 90's, conventional wisdom would say a recreational skier in baggy clothes, wearing stock, fat skis, would not. Simply unpossible.

Well, conventional wisdom has once again been snubbed today with a Bushnell radar-verified reading of 80MPH on Anderson's. Stroupskier is DA MANG ! !

I was aiming the gun at him and watching the reading go up and up. I had seen a 78 and we were stoked enough about that, but when I later checked the memory for highest speed attained it displayed 80 !! Stroup had finally proven what 7 previous years of radar events had been sorta trying to achieve (well, as an incidental bonus to the real purpose of just having fun anyway).

We did try another run to see if he could do better and got a reading of 79 (127kph), which reaffirmed the gun was working fine but also told us the snow surface had changed slightly with the sun exposure.

So, boys and girls, the next time you're in a discussion about whether or not a weekend warrior ever comes close to experiencing Olympic speeds, the answer is a resounding, verified, witnessed, inarguable, and documented; YES.
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 04-24-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

fuuuuuck and i missed this how?

thats fast as fuck, andersons is a good place to go fast

FKNA, Jason!

There are a lot of things you can talk shit about in the bar after a long day on the hill, but walking up to some betty, plopping down your dode on her thigh and then saying "I just did 80 mph on my way in here......on my FAT sticks on Anderson's" should hopefully score you a massive sloppy bj and then a free plate of nachos. Only if the world really is a beautiful place.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

FKNA!

Can't believe I missed this again!

Nice work J!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

sam you didn't get in on this with the rc112's? WTF?? i hope wes was up there with the iggys at least. those things are bad.

I'd imagine Jason was on the 195 Bros. I'd choose my 189 B-Squads if I wasn't working.

Fuck!

Don't think I could go as fast though, he's got like 100 lbs on me!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by dblatto View Post
    "I just did 80 mph on my way in here......on my FAT sticks on Anderson's" should hopefully score you a massive sloppy bj and then a free plate of nachos.
    This is seriously how the world should work, nice job on the 80MPH I got a GPS to read 73 MPH a few years back in whistler but i'm not sure how accurate those are. its nice to know some ski areas let you open it up
    Carry on my wayward son...

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I'd imagine Jason was on the 195 Bros. I'd choose my 189 B-Squads if I wasn't working.

Fuck!

Don't think I could go as fast though, he's got like 100 lbs on me!
    Start eating cheeseburgers skinny boy
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

nice work boys !!!
    according to a GPS, I got just over 100kph on a snow board and huckin eh (skiing) got 110kph in cedar bowl at fernie a few years back.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

damn Strouper! skis didn't break?

Ha. Sick Stroup!!!!!!!!!

you young guys always impress me. wow! now a message from your mom: boys dont hurt yourselves!

yeah buddy.... keep doin what ur doing.....
    @EdgeLinkJohn