Douchey customer service people-

I know times are tough out there any this probably is not your first choice as far as careers go, but please try to drop the annoyed tone.
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Did someone neglect to spray the sand out of your vagina?

I hate that stuff. With some it's like because they have a shitty job they're entitled to be assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by hafilax View Post
    Did someone neglect to spray the sand out of your vagina?
    where's the complaint department for the complaint department?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

I just returned from a meeting this morning where we reviewed focus group results about why many big meeting and convention planners don’t like to hold their functions at ski resorts.

The number one reason is customer service. Apparently there is a concern because we’re all stoner ski bums that work seasonally and act pissed off when working on powder days.

One specific comment was “resort employees are too stoned to care about the needs of the group”.

I think that's what makes us special.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I just returned from a meeting this morning where we reviewed focus group results about why many big meeting and convention planners don’t like to hold their functions at ski resorts.

The number one reason is customer service. Apparently there is a concern because we’re all stoner ski bums that work seasonally and act pissed off when working on powder days.

One specific comment was “resort employees are too stoned to care about the needs of the group”.

Ever seen a bathroom in a nice hotel? Ever seen one at a ski area in the middle of the day during spring break?
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Focus groups,Ha Ha, when I had a job they had something called "total quality management" complete with focus groups, they used to make us do touchy feelly things for hours on end. What a waste of time. I so dont miss that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    I hate that stuff. With some it's like because they have a shitty job they're entitled to be assholes.
    maybe because they're assholes they're entitled to a shitty job

Maybe you all are asking dumb ass questions? Maybe not but think of all the dumb ass people in the world and then think about how many have stupid questions.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Maybe you all are asking dumb ass questions? Maybe not but think of all the dumb ass people in the world and then think about how many have stupid questions.
    As someone whose job is a good portion customer service, I can say this is usually what is going through someone's head when you get attitude. Stupid people are no excuse to be an ass if you work in CS but without a doubt there are times when the customer is definitely not right.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm only a dick to the Indians.. Not because I care about offshoring but because they are dumasses.. Everyone else I ask about the family and kids and usually get good service.

my wife does customer service. She gets to listen to the whiners who call up because they overdrew their account and want to know why they are getting charged fee's for doing so, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    As someone whose job is a good portion customer service, I can say this is usually what is going through someone's head when you get attitude. Stupid people are no excuse to be an ass if you work in CS but without a doubt there are times when the customer is definitely not right.
    Too true. I work as an electrician, in peoples houses all the time. I need to be courteous all the time. Then I hear about some of my buddies in the ski shops and I am envious. In one longtime local shop, their boss backs them when they tell assholes to get the fuck out and don't come back. Now. Not surprisingly he has hired most of the same guys for years, if not more than a decade. Great shop and he does not hurt for business.

There's two sides:

Numero uno is:

You go somewhere and they are A) Too cool for school (surefoot)
    B) Too stoned to notice
    C) Too stupid to figure it out

Or: A) A total and complete fucktard who will never be satisfied no matter you effort
    B) Too stupid to figue it out, you can give all the information you want no actual decision will be made. These people have read 35 different reviews and are actully further from a decision than they were than when they started.

I worked CS for ten plus, I hate going somewhere that has no clue what they should do, and I hate when people have unrealistic expectations as what a comapny should do. The customer and salesperson should have a grain of reality as to what both sides should be about. CS is pretty much in the toilet IMO in the last ten years, I don't particularly give a fuck if your girl is tweeting, facebooking or blowing you from afar, I'd actually like to know a Q about the question that your dumbass is so PRO, Sponsored or totally knowledgable about.
    Last edited by CaddyDaddy77; 04-23-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: big ass thumbs
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

there can be a lot of douchebags, retards and morans on the other side of the counter too. This is why I did not pursue a career in customer service.

I tend to be pretty patient and understanding while dealing with customer service.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post

'

I was thinking the #1 reason would be most people don't ski.