Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockneed Man View Post
    I rode the Iowa Shaft last Thursday and the forest service had about a half dozen dudes up there with chainsaws. I asked them if they were cutting out the beetle kill, and he told me sort of, but that they were removing any trees that were encroaching or presenting a danger to the trail. I've to say... they removed a SHIT LOAD of trees... looks like the logged stumpville of Kobey Park up Lenado.
    Huh, I rode it today and didn't even notice.

Sequel is closed up on Snowmass.... there is a little tear in my eye right now because even though you either needed to pedal or take a shuttle back up to the lift it was 10 steps in the right direction for Snowmass. Rumor is a high powered person from the valley complained to Aspen Ski Company, the USFS, and to TOSV elected officials. I didn't ride over there today, but I hear it's "torn out and they are starting revegetation." Please, if you have ridden Snowmass this year and enjoyed the steps in the right direction, please find a few email addresses and express your frustration, I know I will.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

FKNA this valley pisses me off sometimes. Some little twat got upset because people are actually using the mtn they bought property next to and the have to ruin it for everyone? What nature of complaint could justify undoing all that hard work? We're already 10 years behind every other year round resort area in terms of mtn biking, why set us even further back? I'd take my business elsewhere, but we're 2 hours from the nearest legit lift served spot.

SO fucking lame.

edit: for the record I have no idea why they would choose to close the trail, but I can only assume its some bitchy homeowner who probably hikes up the Tom Blake trail and hates all the traffic the trail realignments have added.
    Last edited by grabtindy; 08-21-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Sequel is closed up on Snowmass.... there is a little tear in my eye right now because even though you either needed to pedal or take a shuttle back up to the lift it was 10 steps in the right direction for Snowmass. Rumor is a high powered person from the valley complained to Aspen Ski Company, the USFS, and to TOSV elected officials. I didn't ride over there today, but I hear it's "torn out and they are starting revegetation." Please, if you have ridden Snowmass this year and enjoyed the steps in the right direction, please find a few email addresses and express your frustration, I know I will.
    remind where sequal is?

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    remind where sequal is?
    Between Govt/Powerline and Govt/Anaerobic off of Govt.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Between Govt/Powerline and Govt/Anaerobic off of Govt.
    Which already put more people doing lift serve on Tom Blake anyway.

but I can only assume its some bitchy homeowner who probably hikes up the Tom Blake trail and hates all the traffic the trail realignments have added.
    Pretty much...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Anyone wanna ride Prince Creek tomorrow? I'd really like to go with someone who knows all the trails there... I know I'm missing quite a few and would like to link them up.

Funken, be ready for some mud!

Red Hill is definitely the only major trail in the valley that's rideable. There are a few sections on the Northside Loop and Rollercoaster/Fairie that are slimy, but the rest of the trail is all-world tacky!

Red Hill is 100% dry. I'm thinking Prince Creek should be good in the next week and Rim trail is probably 2 weeks out?

Father of Ginormous and Ginormous were ripping Sunday. Creekside was still muddy.

gunit130 Guest
    How's boy scout trail?

Its actually Scout trail not Boy Scout trail. Common misconception. I havent been up there yet, however it looks dry from the summit of Lookout. Forest hollow on the other hand is such dark timer I wouldn't give that a shot for another week or so.

Red Mountain aka the Cross trail is good to go. Someone has been doing maintenance and they've done a great job. There is only a 300' or so patch of snow that is easily walked around. Please walk your bike around it even though it looks like you can ride around it off the trail.

Rode Smuggler today just to do something and it looks like Hunter Creek is still 2-3 weeks out (as expected). Sucks having to drive 40 min to go for a ride...

Prince Creek is $$$$. Thanks to some of the new builds and the new trail! Well done folks. If you haven;t ridden Prince Creek, it should be on your list of to-dos!

gunit130 Guest
    http://www.trailfu.com/mountain-bike...k/Default.aspx

I'm just a moron, but couldn't find it last time I went there.

What's the mileage and vert on this?

How recent is this work Nitro?

Quote Originally Posted by gunit130 View Post
    http://www.trailfu.com/mountain-bike...k/Default.aspx

I'm just a moron, but couldn't find it last time I went there.

What's the mileage and vert on this?
    Never rode it with a computer. Where did you look for the trail last time you were there? It starts right at a cattle guard shortly after the road turns to dirt.

It's also right next to the road... sorta hard to miss... better options for the down from about half way down.

My bike is in the shop until Monday, hope to get out a bunch next week...

Anyone wanna show me my new backyard ride of Basalt Mountain when it melts out?
    Anyone wanna help build a little pump track on my property this summer?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

^^^ i can show you around basalt mtn, the long loop is probably got some snow on it, but the lower loops are probably good to go

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Anyone wanna show me my new backyard ride of Basalt Mountain when it melts out?
    Anyone wanna help build a little pump track on my property this summer?
    Yes and yes. Memorial Weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    Yes and yes. Memorial Weekend?
    Counting on it

Wait until you see the new grill.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Anyone have the inside track on skiing on Ajax next weekend? My connection is in the DR and out of the loop. How about Indy, they going to get it open by next Friday?

I would love to make some turns and do some riding, but no announcements, makes it hard to plan.
    Heading to the Bird tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Anyone have the inside track on skiing on Ajax next weekend? My connection is in the DR and out of the loop. How about Indy, they going to get it open by next Friday?

I would love to make some turns and do some riding, but no announcements, makes it hard to plan.
    Heading to the Bird tonight!
    Paper says an announcement will come by tomorrow afternoon. It's snowing right so, so I'm gonna say it will be a go.

Indy should be good, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ajax is open ( ) Mem. weekend starting on the 28th
    Last edited by grskier; 05-19-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com