Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lower Anderson's.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

You mean Anderson's headwall under the P-dog or down next to Chip's face?

Either way, impressive speed, bummed I misssed it. Don't think I have the mass to hit that speed but it still would have been fun.

Al go?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

The headwall from the start of the Anderson's Traverse down to Chips/Rothmans.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

I hit 80 today skiing switch on one Pocket Rocket through the trees back to the parking lot. Guess that makes me the winner.

Just another day on the hill. Ho-hum. If you've ever been clocked at high speed you knew it was just a matter of time before someone would be able to quantify what you've known all along; It's possible to friggin ski fast.

Although downhillers and GSers in speed suits, with custom skis, and magic wax concoctions, can reach into the 80's and sometimes 90's, conventional wisdom would say a recreational skier in baggy clothes, wearing stock, fat skis, would not. Simply unpossible.

Well, conventional wisdom has once again been snubbed today with a Bushnell radar-verified reading of 80MPH on Anderson's. Stroupskier is DA MANG ! !

I was aiming the gun at him and watching the reading go up and up. I had seen a 78 and we were stoked enough about that, but when I later checked the memory for highest speed attained, it displayed 80 !! Stroup had finally proven what 7 previous years of radar events had been sorta trying to achieve (well, as an incidental bonus to the real purpose of just having fun anyway).

We did try another run to see if he could do better and got a reading of 79 (127kph), which reaffirmed the gun was working fine, but also told us the snow surface had slowed slightly with the sun exposure.

So, boys and girls, the next time you're in a discussion about whether or not a weekend warrior ever comes close to experiencing Olympic speeds, the answer is a resounding, verified, witnessed, inarguable, documented, and unstipulated; YES.
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 04-24-2010 at 06:24 PM.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    ...thank goodness another completely failed National Weather Service forecast for LCC. Why do they even try?
    I especially liked their 100% chance of snow for Wednesday night that turned out to be zero measurable snow. And their 70% Thursday daytime forecast which actually ended up being sunny skies the entire ski day. And, to top-off their week, today's snowflake-filled icon (Saturday on their chart) was sunny and warm as well.
    How come I can't be wrong that often in my work and still have a job?
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 04-24-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg