Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face Busted for pass fraud? Solution: Assualt the lifty!

wow... just wow...

http://www.summitdaily.com/apps/pbcs...ntProfile=1055

SUMMIT COUNTY — A man in his late 20s was busted for ski pass fraud and later tried to stomp the Keystone Resort employee serving as a witness, according to a report from Summit County Sheriff's Office.

The man caught using someone else's pass in the lift line told a deputy it was cheaper “to have a pass loaded” onto his friend's pass than to buy a one-day pass. He said he would pay “something” for a pass, but “not one hundred dollars,” according to the SCSO report.

He became aggressive toward the witness, and the deputy told the man he would be arrested if he continued to act that way.

Five minutes after the man was released, a “frantic call” came over the Keystone employee radio for the deputy to respond to a fight in progress.

The man was found yelling at several Keystone employees. The deputy called to the man a couple times before the man approached and explained how angry he was that he was now going to have to pay a “ridiculous” amount of money to ski the last few hours of the day, according to the report.

The deputy “felt (the man's) behavior escalating and he was beginning to cause a disturbance” so he told him to leave immediately.

That night, the witness with Keystone Resort went to buy a soda at a convenience store when the suspect approached and said, “(You're) not at work anymore, I am going to whip your ass,” according to the report.

The store employees told both men to leave, and the suspect followed the witness and continued to “taunt and threaten” him.

The witness was concerned for his safety and called his brother to come help. His brother asked the man to leave and the man responded: “I will f*** both of you up,” according to the report.

The brother told the suspect that if he insisted on becoming physical, he was ready to fight. But the suspect appeared reluctant to come to blows.

The brother reported the dispute via 911. When deputies arrived, the witness appeared “visibly shaken” and said he wanted to press charges.

Deputies had trouble locating the suspect, and it was discovered that the number he gave when he was issued the ski pass fraud summons was incorrect. The man's address was in Wyoming, and the deputies searched the Keystone area for vehicles with Wyoming plates.

They phoned reservations companies and walked through the resort searching for the man. The vehicle was ultimately located with the help of an electronic law- enforcement database.

In the man's vehicle were papers showing a reservation in a local condominium complex. Deputies knocked on the room's door and the man's mother answered. She refused to let them in and barely opened the door to talk.

“I saw many signs displayed by (the mother) during the contact that I know from my experience and training to be indicative of deception,” according to the deputy in the report.

Deputies told the woman that harboring a suspect in a crime and hindering the investigation violated Colorado law.

The mother told deputies she would call them when the man returned to the room. Meanwhile one of the deputies waited outside the door.

About 45 minutes later the mother called and said her son was back in the unit, but the deputy on surveillance reported that “no one had come or gone from the unit...” according to the report.

The mother was issued a summons for hindering an active investigation, and the man was arrested and charged with retaliation on a witness — a third-degree felony.

Immediately after taken into custody, the man spontaneously uttered: “If I would have known I was getting arrested anyway, I would have just kicked his ass!” according to the report.
    Apparently Keystone is *that* good
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Mommy, I gotta go peepee.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

You've got to wonder if it would be better for all of us if the deputy could have just taken him behind the condo and shot him right there.

Wow! Skiing is serious business. I'm amazed that people turn into such fuckheads when they get around snow.
    Training for Alpental

i'd hate to see that guy go off on a pow day

sounds like the guy is gonna get what he deserves. sounds like the mom decided to do the right thing after thinking about it. what happens to the original passholder?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I'm amazed that people turn into such fuckheads when they get around snow.
    I'm going out on a limb and predicting this guy is a fuckhead whether there's snow around or not.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    what happens to the original passholder?

He comes back to town after a few years and the guy kicks his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by suspect
    If I would have known I was getting arrested anyway, I would have just kicked his ass!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and predicting this guy is a fuckhead whether there's snow around or not.
    No doubt.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    what happens to the original passholder?
    If he is smart he goes "I told him he couldn't borrow my pass. He's an asshole though and did it anyway." He keeps his pass and the dumbass gets another charge tacked on.

of all the vailco places, why keystone?
    holy fucking shitballs

The photo below has nothing to do with this article. But I think it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    The photo below has nothing to do with this article. But I think it's funny.

Very funny indeed. First time in a few years, but as usual, Summit County Water Rescue shows up, hooks the zamboni up to a crane, and then it's hoisted out, good as new!

Is this like blaming the gas station attendant for the high price of gas?
    Here's hoping this fucktard gets butt raped whilst in the lockup.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You've got to wonder if it would be better for all of us if the deputy could have just taken him behind the condo and shot him right there.
    Personally, I don't have to wonder at all.

wow that guy was dumb! probably doesnt realize the laws apply to him...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Just wow

Threatening the Employee at the 7-11 after work is BAD. Yea Felony shit.

What concerned me was the two little items the police did to track him down.

Used Electronic mean to find a viehicle ? (Big Brother)
    Broke into Viehicle and rifled through papers to find an address? (Also Not Fair)

Oh hint on what to do when your hiding from the Police and they come to your door.

They cannot come in without a Warrent!! Do not open the Door.
    Just ride it out till they go away. If they cant see you and can't ask questions they got no probable cause to enter. They rarly want to go do the papaer work for a warrent to enter.

In this case glad they got the Doushe, But really?

One of my housemates this year was a liftie at Flatton and actually got attacked by some irate drunk boarder that lost his mind when he ate shit getting off a fixie... People standing around the unloading zone laughed at the guy because he made a noise like he was being shot when he fell, and then he blamed the liftie for it being a fixed grip lift that doesn't slow down at the offramp... My buddy, who's a pretty big dude was like "Um, what?" chuckling... Clearly not satisfied with yelling incoherently, the idiot boarder picks up a traffic cone and falls trying to throw it at my buddy because he still had a foot in his binding (onlookers are really cracking up now), which he then ripped off, threw to the side and rushed him- and promptly was redirected face first into a snowbank and held there while he struggled like a turtle on its back. From all accounts, he appreared to be doing his best Michael Phelps impression with a knee in his back... Hilarity ensued. At this point the lifties at the next lift over had noticed, stopped their lift too and were now running over to try and help... Dude finally struggled loose and ran away looking like a whitewashed yeti and was eventually chased down and apprehended by about a dozen angry patrollers... Good times!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Jesus..ahahaha..all this for how much?Like 50€? ahahah
    Always Fight Gravity

Are you sure they got the right guy? This sounds like something that Tuckerman would do...just kick his ass and don't narc because "narcs are the lowest form of scum."

And I have friends that actually wonder why I hate hate hate the shitstone......

Blurred?

;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

This guy probably wouldn't make it in this world with a running start.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysplit_ride View Post
    "narcs are the lowest form of scum."
    You usually only hear this saying from scumbags... and other people making less than 20K per year.