Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unfat Challenge III

The rules in the past were pretty simple: Whoever loses the most weight, in terms of percentage, wins. We did three months, as I recall. Also, everything was on the honor system. It seemed to work well.

Since I intend to enter the contest, it might be prudent to have a volunteer who is not entering run the contest and make final rules decisions. Anyone?

Let's get the ball rolling on this though. Declare your intent to enter in this thread. Then, declare your preference - cash prize or none. If you favor a cash prize, please suggest an amount.. Any other opinions about how it should be run, please sound off. This way whoever organizes it can gather opinions and take them into account.

Here I go:

I will enter, favor a cash prize, suggest $20 entry, winner take all. Start next monday. Three months.

I'm in, thanks for starting this. I could go either way on the cash prize but seeing as I am recently unemployed I would want to put out a minimal amount of cash if it goes that way. I want to get in shape so this contest will help motivate regardless.

Edit: for full disclosure I should add that I already started last monday...

Edit II: My sentence structure sucks today

Count me in. Monetary rewards are not necessary in my book, I am here for pure motivation.

I guess I should brush up on the old threads/rules.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

I'm in! Could care less about the $, just need the motivation. I'd be glad to pony up if that's what folks want.
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

weigh in for the individual should be at the same time of day on the same scales wearing the same clothes so you get the correct amount of weight change relative to your scale

I vote for a naked weigh in.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Right on everyone! I wish you the best of luck and hope that you all exceed your goals.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

I am in when does the flag drop?

I think I tried to jump in on version II of this, but it petered out and I didn't follow up. I'm in for version III. Need to get my fat ass in bikin' season shape.

Let's do it. Don't need a cash prize either, just motivation. I think the less cash involved too, the more honest the competition

I'll play. It will probably be much easier to organize with no prize, but I'd be in for cash too. Definately not more than $20 apiece, and maybe more like $5 if enough people are in!

EDIT** Seems people are weighing in already so I'll jump on that bandwagon. I'm at a personal high of 172 right now, and have a goal of 150. We'll see that happens...
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 04-13-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpskier View Post
    I vote for a naked weigh in.
    whatever but the point is if you claim a start weight taken at night after a huge meal wearing a bunch of clothes and then 3 months later compare it to your finish weight nekid 1st thing in the am you will pick up 5lbs just on a flaky weigh-in process

I can vary 2 or 3 lbs thru the day ,nekid fasting (1st thing in AM) is usually the most accurate measure of your weight

I'm in. This fat ass could shed a few. Though, I'm not starting till after this weekend (Bachelor Party)

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    I'm in... but this "starts next whenever" is bullshit. If you're in, you're fuckin in NOW BEEYOTCH!!! Well, that's my opinion anyway. And I'm staunchly anti-gambling so I'll skip any wagering portion.

I'll be the first bubba to post current weight and goal too; Now 199 lbs, goal 180 lbs.
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

I am in, currently 242... ouch that just hurts to type! goal 210.

Muscle gain makes doing it for money a bit odd too - I think the best way to lose the highest % is just minimum calorie intake/no real excercise. I'm in regardless, been meaning to sort my body out and this summer is time. Starting at 220lbs.

I think the premise behind this whole thing and "dieting" in general as opposed to just having a diet (which is in fact what every living thing consumes) is fucked and doomed to failure so I am not in

I will just STFU now on unfat challenge III

I'm in, don't really care about the $$ but will throw in if that's what folks want. Will weigh in tomorrow AM but starting out at about 220 with a goal of 190.

197.5 just climbed off of the scale at the gym. Let's go.

Getting hitched 29 May so I have a partner in crime in this back at the ranch.

Reduction in Body Fat % would be a better metric than simply lbs lost. That way you don't penalize the guy who is strength training in addition to watching what he eats.

Of course, short of having multiple dunk tanks at our fingertips, BF is a tough metric to standardize.

I'm in. monday is fine. I'll put whatever the cash value is up. More incentive.
    Living vicariously through myself.

I'm in, not up for the $$ though. First things first I need to get a decent scale so I can get an accurate starting weight. I'll post up numbers as soon as I get them. Lets DO IT!

I'm in. I like the idea of a cash entry, but only comfortable with about $5. I think everyone one here calling me a lazy fatass should be enough motivation. I need to get my ass in shape, I'm too young to be a lardass...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

I'll play

I'll be the Clydesdale of the group.

years ago some puke at the office drank like a gallon and a half of water the morning of the weigh in.... we found out and threw him out. Prick.

A version of this I have seen work well is 10%... all who make that % loss share in the winnings - those that don't contribute the winnings...

Either way there is ample room for d bags to cheat.

That said, pending the eventual monetary decission, I'm in.

and y'all in trouble cause I'm soft & corpulent... but not for long.
    Last edited by flatNshallow; 04-13-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: holy fuck! 8 drunken typos!
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.