Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyadolescent View Post
    192s on Tramdock for $350
    I've got a pair in plastic for $300 shipped if anybody wants them.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

I really love mine, like it has been said, not the floatiest of pow skis, but adequate for sure in most pow conditions. Really a great one ski quiver, the 192. It skis surprisingly short when you need it too, but still has tons of stability for straightlining/hucking. Hard to believe how awesome they slarve chalk and carve groomers or corn. Like having autopilot on firm snow conditions. Not a great crud/tracked out pow day ski, but I avoid that shit anyways. Obviously there are better specialty skis out there, but if you want one ski that does alot, they have never let me down yet.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    I've got a pair in plastic for $300 shipped if anybody wants them.
    Which year?

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Still made in Germany as of last season. This season? Don't know.
    2011 Mantras still made in Germany. According to the VT rep I talked to, all Volkls with metal in them are still made in the motherland. Non-metal skis are made in the K2 factory in China (though they are still marked "German Engineered" or something like that).

IMO most of this board likes newer shape skis, or traditional skis stiffer than those. Honestly I don't own a single normal camber ski anymore(202 Lotus 138s, 182 Alpha 1s, 189 One Lifes(might change to 186 EHPs)). I find that normal camber 100 waisted medium or soft skis just don't add any fun(I didn't like the 188 Coombas I was on in 08-09). If I spent a lot of time on groomers not in park I would probably get a traditional shaped ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Which year?
    The black ones, so 08-09's... Pair of once-drilled for $250 also.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Picked up the 2011 Watea 101 in 192 cm, mounted Look 14 bindings to it. Just hit Snow Basin here in UT on 22 new inches of pow. Honestly, for what I got these skiis for off of STP, they killed it. First couple pow runs were sweet bliss, then it got cut up fast as there hasn't been the pow of last year, and they killed the crud...then started stepping on groomers to let the knees relax. Killed it again. I picked them up off STP for under $400 with discount. Super happy I did. I'm 6'3" and 205 and these skiis behaved beautifully. Not a bad thing to say about them. And my god their light. Make my Dynastar Legends seem like pregnant cows.

My only problem with the whole Watea line is that they are too dang soft. I think they would be a great stick for a lighter weight dude but when you are over 200lb and push them they just wash. Let's just say that they are.........uhhhh..........unburly. That's probably a good thing for lots of guys, just not the big'ns. Too bad, I really wanted to like them

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    My only problem with the whole Watea line is that they are too dang soft. I think they would be a great stick for a lighter weight dude but when you are over 200lb and push them they just wash. Let's just say that they are.........uhhhh..........unburly. That's probably a good thing for lots of guys, just not the big'ns. Too bad, I really wanted to like them
    I'm 225# and the 192 Watea was my favorite ski ever until I got my 191 carbon Lhasa Pows. They are plenty burly, I could haul ass trough crud like nobody's business. I wish they made a longer Watea 114.