Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by char
    Fox has Bush one EV from re-election.
    Heh, Fox would probably project Bush taking CA if they could get away with it.

CNN reports Kerry taking NH.

I don't get the 'I"m leaving the country" crowd. If you really cared about the direction of this country you will stay and fight if Bush wins. Just because you leave the country doesn't mean you are immune from his stupid decisions.

There's only so much I can do to help fix the stupidity of more than 1/2 the people of this country. I give up for now..talk to me in 4 years (If I'm still in the states).

Even the democrats are stupid..Sorry, but Kerry was NOT a strong candidate...Of course if you ask me, my dog should beat out Bush in en election.
    sno...

Quote Originally Posted by joshbu
    Heh, Fox would probably project Bush taking CA if they could get away with it.
    True.

<ten characters>
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by snowave
    There's only so much I can do to help fix the stupidity of more than 1/2 the people of this country. I give up for now..talk to me in 4 years (If I'm still in the states).

Even the democrats are stupid..Sorry, but Kerry was NOT a strong candidate...Of course if you ask me, my dog should beat out Bush in en election.
    I see. You favor monarchy or dictatorship.

CBS reporting Kerry takes MN. Also, WA and OR. I may have left those two out earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    Damnit....

I voted for Tom Day and I was actually on-the-line for Mike Slattery...

...and then this new kid Glen Plake came into the picture.....ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH

Slattery looks surprised. Schmidt shows no emotion, and Day looks for a spot to drop in. Sliding out on his second turn....getting it together just in time to cowboy over the rocks.

I see. You favor monarchy or dictatorship.
    No, I favor intelligence.
    sno...

Fox had Bush taking Ohio half an hour ago, CNN is coming up with every possible scenario for Kerry to win
    Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the senic route

Thumbs down

"How 'bout I give you the finger...

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesG/fubush1.jpg

...and you give me my fucking 4 years"

Slattery looks surprised. Schmidt shows no emotion, and Day looks for a spot to drop in. Sliding out on his second turn....getting it together just in time to cowboy over the rocks.
    ...and Glen Plake...mohican terrorist, original bad boy, and star of Maltese Flamingo, a low-budget, dirt-bag ski film...

Iowa just got more interesting.
    711,591 Bush
    700,332 Kerry
    1:45am ET
    Put on your seat belt, I saw this in a cartoon once.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag
    Fox had Bush taking Ohio half an hour ago, CNN is coming up with every possible scenario for Kerry to win
    Ohio is not enough. Bush needs one more state. All of the remaining states will be decided in terms of a few thousand votes. In that sense, whomever wins (likely Bush) will be lying when they claim a mandate.

No, I favor intelligence.
    Exactly. Intelligence according to you. So far there are 50 million people in this country that think otherwise. Of course, you're smarter than all 50 million of them, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    ...and Glen Plake...mohican terrorist, original bad boy, and star of Maltese Flamingo, a low-budget, dirt-bag ski film...

When I first met Plake I was living in Squaw Valley. Plake's an interesting kinda guy 'cause he'd listen to hardcore thrash bands like Dead Kennedys, Black Flag and Minor threat...and at the same time wear three Izod shirts, all pastels, with the collars up.

Ohio is not enough. Bush needs one more state. All of the remaining states will be decided in terms of a few thousand votes. In that sense, whomever wins (likely Bush) will be lying when they claim a mandate.

Exactly. Intelligence according to you. So far there are 50 million people in this country that think otherwise. Of course, you're smarter than all 50 million of them, aren't you?
    Without a doubt.
    sno...

i don't like this very much. no not even a little bit.

I agree. And I think I'm going to raise your extra another state or two as well, Josh. I think Ohio and New Mexico are must-wins, and Iowa too.

As I'm seeing it (via ABCnews.com), Minnesota and Michigan are pretty much in Kerry's hands, as are Wisconsin and Hawaii. I guess Wisconsin will be another close one along with Iowa.

Without a doubt.
    So, you should be running things, because you're so smart, right? To tell all of us morons what to do? Or at least who to vote for? (Same thing, after all...)

So I'm missing the part where you aren't for dictatorship?

Anyways, CNN has just labeled Ohio as "too close to call." No other org has followed NBC and Fox's lead in giving Ohio to Bush.

The remaining states are all so close that I can't see how their electors can vote without counting the absentee balots.

Looks like we're headed to OT. I can hear the pens scratching out first drafts of lawsuits already...

NOW you're on the right track..

sno...

if bush holds on to win ohio, it is enough. it won't be an outright victory, but at 269, a tie, he would win cause the republicans hold the majority in congress.

although i am not happy about it, for Kerry to win at this point would be a bigger upset than the Sox coming back from 0-3.

Quote Originally Posted by lph
    if bush holds on to win ohio, it is enough. it won't be an outright victory, but at 269, a tie, he would win cause the republicans hold the majority in congress.

although i am not happy about it, for Kerry to win at this point would be a bigger upset than the Sox coming back from 0-3.

Larry King said the same thing. Kerry needs an Ohio miracle or it's over.

Yeesh. Back to bed for me.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Two things stick out glaringly, as mentioned earlier, the women vote. Time will tell whether they are smarter than us or just ill-informed horse face liking chad punchers. (I'm thinking they are smarter than us)

The second thing that sticks out would be resounding condemnation of same sex marriage. This type of moral regulation of our society concerns me deeply. I've seen the term "morals" tossed about in many campaigns and polls. Personally I think this country was founded upon freedoms rather than morals. Morals taken to the extreme are the fault of many world problems, I prefer freedom.

BobMc

Puritanical influences have always been strong in American politics. The country was in part settled by people wanting the freedom to be religious zealots. But, in short, I agree with BobMc and add that democracy has been replaced by capitalism as the focus of our political culture.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Ah yes. Ohio is enough. Latest poll in Ohio gives Bush a 250K lead.

At least he's going to win with the popular vote as well this time.

Interesting point: It's pretty amazing how many electoral college votes have changed since 2000. Texas is 2 votes bigger, for example. 2 votes that could make all the differtence in the world...

Fox has Bush one EV from re-election.
    That's because Rupert Murdoch sucks it long, and sucks it hard.

CNN and Yahoo have it at 249-242 at midnight