Thread: Quiver recommendations

Quiver recommendations

Can the collective give me some recommendations to round out my quiver:

6'1 210 lbs
    184 Mantra for hard snow
    191 Carbon Lhasa as primary everyday driver, inbounds pow/tree ski, travel ski and hikes.

Looking for an epic day ski for inbounds and cat trip coming up next year.

LOVE the lhasa and would love a fatter version of similar shape and performance. Looking for 192 - 196ish in length. Rockered tip for sure, little camber or flat, not huge on full tail rocker, no switch riding. Prefer flat or very lightly rockered tail. Pintail is fine. I like skis that walk the big mountain / true pow ski line, pow performance being #1, cut up and crud crushing, stability being #2. This will be for bigger lines as I have the lhasa for tight trees and manuverability. Weight is not huge, lighter is nice, but no expectations here. Not really wanting to go full RR for this ski as it will see inbounds days but may consider. Ideally 117 - 125 underfoot. Somthing in that range.

My thougths - EHP 193 or really the EHP renegade if they release a longer 190+ version (186 only right now I think). 195 Rossi S7, 192 Atomic Atlas maybe. Price will obviously play a role in final choice, but I want some help making the list. Thanks.

Used my new Bro 192s this year with the early rise tip and thought they were awesome cat skiing in Utah this year. On the skinnier end of your spectrum and you're a little heavier than me but I loved the larger turn radius for wide open untracked. Good float and you can put them on cruise control and just bomb. Or you could go the full reverse route.

I got the Praxis Protest 196cm this year to fill that exact same role and it performs as described, with a focus on deeper softer snow, you can chose your turn radius and switch it at will to maximize the float and play with the mountains features (rockered tip and tail with a slight camber underfoot)

search the forum for reviews

quiver includes:
    -195 Mothership
    -189 Anti-Piste w/ Dynafit
    -190 OG Gotama -rock
    -186 Prophet 100 -tele

Doing research on the protest now, def missed that one, looks pretty dope.

Salomon Rocker could work. It's stable without being an all-out board. The downside is the weight, although they don't feel heavy on your feet when skiing them in pow.

Atomic Atlas could be good too. I have not tried it but I read that it is a lighter version of the Rocker with a bit more versatility, though not quite as solid.

The EHP is not different enough from your Lhasas to warrant a purchase.

^^^What he said about differences. I'd go for something significantly different in shape and feel than what you've got. Thinking Protest, S7, DPS112RP hybrid, something with true reverse front and rear, bit of camber for groomers, serious sidecut. It'll be definitive for trees, glades, and tight places, handle groomers surprisingly well. Lhasa is excellent, but basically conservative, Mantra even more so. Go for something weirder. Life is short.

i would second the atlas....heard awesome things. this and the 4frnt renegade are at the top of my list (renegade only comes in a 186)....coming from super 7s and lhasas
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Super 7's, ON3P C&D, or Atlas's would fit the bill. Haven't heard much about the Protest, but Praxis has a solid reputation for making nice skis.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

ON3P C&D would be the top of my list, but thats only because I have skied them...

Other skis I have really liked that would fit the bill:
    Dynastar Big Dump (was first choice before C&D and has the flat tail)
    Blizzard Zeus
    Super7
    I had doubts after hand flexing the 2010.11 Seth but you can fucking charge on that ski.

Big Dump floats way better then its lack of tip rocker indicates.