Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TR: Four - Four Feet in Four Days 4/4

Spent last weekend at Whap's near LCC for an epic weekend of powder skiing and touring. Arrived just in time for a 24" Thursday at the bird, and was fortunate enough to see two more feet fall in the next couple of days. Proof below

Early morning departure, beat canyon closure by a few mins

When interlodge finally ended we were greeted by this

Can't think of many places i'd rather be than right here

The first few runs were immaculate untouched pow top to bottom, with barely any wait for the next tram while the masses made it up canyon. This was full on rage time, but the camera came out after a few runs

Whap sends it in the cirque

and then skis fast in pow

1TN1 on Gad chutes

and sending broom closet

It snowed all day, heavily at times with free refills all afternoon. At days end Rambo was covered anew

Next morning Whap and I set out on a tour accompanied by ripper and photoslut MySkisHaveBoobs.

Of course in LCC someone had made the climb before we did, and they left us a nice tunnel

Solid couple of feet were sitting pretty on top of the gnarly dust layer the pre-storm winds had brought in. Stability was pretty good, with generally lighter on top.

With the first climb behind us and stability tests looking good, it was time to enjoy it. MySkisHaveBoobs, stoke factor = high

1TN1 getting a taste

And frolicking in the meadow below

MySkisHaveBoobs is played by the Great White Magician

But subsequently emerges

OK, lets do it again (actually skipping a lap in Jaws, where pictures, and lines chosen, may have been less than stellar)

Whap and Tele take in the views

Whap drops into the Hallway couloir

Below the choke, MySkisHaveBoobs finds the deepness (on Megawatts, btw)

Whap continues the flight

and MySkisHaveBoobs chokes again on snow
    Last edited by 1thenaton1; 04-07-2010 at 05:20 PM.

cont.

The next day we decided to head to Solitude. With the bird filling up for the long weekend and holiday, Solitude remained true to its name. No line powder laps were had all day on the 10" of new snow in the resort, and open gates awaited us in the afternoon.
    MySkisHaveBoobs samples the goods

Whap Casey Jonesin

and ripper chick C$ who is afraid of you idiots but maybe is reading this

Whap sends 'bathtub air'

Almost perfect

We were able to take a lap out the gate to finish up the day, and had a fun run back down to the car
    Wills T+S

and steps out of character for a moment to slash for the camera

And then we saw a GOAT!

For our last day we were surprised with another 10 inches of blllllllower to smooth things over and set our sights on some bigger lines in the BC

Up from the grizzly lot towards the back of Solitude, where we'd been a day earlier, Wolvy first comes into view

Our first run was down the obvious dogleg couloir from the peak and the second a bit lookers left of that

This picture is a bit of an anomoly since someone clearly got to the top before Whap did

Eventually we made it to the top
    Whap and C$ take a peak

And Whap is off

I was lucky enough to hit it in one shot after Whap was kind enough to check stability and pull off to a safe zone.
    Signed, TheNaton

a Happy dood

A quick break to let it all soak in in the basin, and then up for another (not so easy in the 4 feet that had fallen)

Made it though, and one more down another pristine chute lookers left of the first (if people know the names of these let me know)

Here the GWM tries to dissappear me, but i resist by the smallest of margins. Powder is fun.

And there you have it, the epic 4 day powder binge compressed to about 4 feet of internet post. All time, great trip. Thanks to Whap for having me out again and to all those i was able to meet while enjoying it. Til next time

1TN1
    Last edited by 1thenaton1; 04-07-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Fresh man. Great pics

Sick TR >>thanks for the stokage

Envy doesn't even begin to describe it . . .

Envy doesn't even begin to describe the feelings I'm having this week has I look at all the sick snow you all are getting. We have practically started summer with temps in the 80's stealing what little snow we had! IT'S KILLING ME AND MY SPRING TICK LIST!

To all you SLC mags,

ENJOY THE GOODS!

damn im jealous! its in the 80's here and looks like summer. sick pics btw

This gets me stoked. Thanks.

Great pics, especially the panoramas.

That was pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing. Looks like an amazing 4 days.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Some great stoke here!
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

nice, and its still coming.......

So jealous... But its great to see you guys taking advantage of heaven on earth right there.

as always my pleasure naton...great few days.

one correction; where you see TeleThor please replace with MySkisHaveBoobs, unfortunately telethor was called into work and only able to provide us with an extremely convenient shuttle ride up LCC.

and it's still going off here, but what a shitshow LCC is. Soli was brilliant yesterday, went up LCC today and decided to bail (lame, maybe, but just looked a little busy and brah'd for me.)

to the top

very nice fellas, that is some grade a stoke. talk about the right place/right time. naton, how the hell did you manage to leave? whapworth in the hallway cooler, favorite shot for sure.

Nice looks like a ton of fun...now I wanna see a TR from today!

sick halo in the photo of us heading up for more wolvy pow!! Sweet skiing with you, see ya around next time! (so yeah, i signed up).

Quote Originally Posted by whapworth View Post
    as always my pleasure naton...great few days.

one correction; where you see TeleThor please replace with MySkisHaveBoobs, unfortunately telethor was called into work and only able to provide us with an extremely convenient shuttle ride up LCC.
    Wwwoooops. Thats like insult to injury. I'll fix that up.

i wish it would dump like that in colorado

Looks like I am psyched I did not get on that plane with you Naton

Glad you boys got it good, looks awesome, Naton is a pow chasing slut, thats all I have to say.

Fixedgrip - wasn't a coincidence
    TC - you were warned. Next time make it happen!

O, and, bump for better than wednesday

skadhi, Welcommen to ze club!!!!

can i play? pfft... photo slut. you'll graduate to my status one day young grasshopper.

can you embed video?

[ame="http://vimeo.com/10676957"]http://vimeo.com/10676957[/ame]

awesome pics guys. looks like the snow may have been a bit deeper down your way! youve had quite an end to the season. I love the freshies in hallway
    Bonfire Films

looked very fun but i was drooling over the peak in the picture titled almost perfect
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

People who don't think the Earth is flat haven't skied Vail.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I assume you were w/ the crew Icegrom and I skied eastbowl with.
    You timed it well best skiing of the season goin on
    Your right about that chica she rips
    good makin turns w/ ya can't belive yas bailed on Flanigans but looks like it was a great full 4 days.
    [ame=http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/skifishbum/?action=view&current=EB.flv][/ame]
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno