Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Little Cottonwood Canyon never opened today, so I drove up to the wasatch back and skied some Park City powder. It was much deeper than I ever expected, in fact, this is the only photo my brother took of me...because we just wanted to ski!

I will try to get some helmet camera footage up later.

Helldawg Guest
    [sausage waving] PowMow was the deepness today. Legit 14". Def. not blower, but creamy as fuck.

No one got on Lightning ridge though due to high winds/poor vis. It will be insanely good tomorrow for those of you unwilling to participate in the LCC fuck-fest tomorrow promises to be.

I am at a motel off I-15 between Ogden and SLC, hedging my bets. As romantic as the notion of LCC opening tomorrow is, I have serious doubts. Even if they get the canyon avy controlled, what is going to open on the hill? Nothing worthwhile, and it will be tracked in 2 hrs by all you bastards sleeping on floors and in parking garages...

Should be interesting.

Solitude was amazing today. I swear that 3/4 of the people were LCC Resort passholders though (including myself). Heard some Soli locals swearing up a storm about all the "LCC Fucks"

While I think they might open a few semi-decent areas in the ski areas of LCC, I see the problem being big slides across the road after bombing. And the ensuing clean-up which easily could take a long time, meanwhile the hungover interlodgers pillage the open areas.

I like being wrong though...happens quite often in my life too.

Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    Solitude was amazing today. I swear that 3/4 of the people were LCC Resort passholders though (including myself). Heard some Soli locals swearing up a storm about all the "LCC Fucks"
    I'd be willing to have my tax money pay for whatever it takes to ensure the Little highway is open before the Big every big storm. Although, it really doesn't bother me too much when the skittle thugs come over, most of them have no clue where to ski over there. You can't see everything from the lifts at Solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I'd be willing to have my tax money pay for whatever it takes to ensure the Little highway is open before the Big every big storm. Although, it really doesn't bother me too much when the skittle thugs come over, most of them have no clue where to ski over there. You can't see everything from the lifts at Solitude.
    keyword: lifts.....most lcc'ers only have to ride one lift every run.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Is that why it gets tracked so quick?
    those weren't real soli locals fuckin OCers is the perfered local term
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    I only brought the hate when I saw that tiger-stripped douche-dork from Alta trying to get gnar in Bob's trees... Fuck that fuckin' fuck.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

^^ Oh shit, wicked funny.

Quote Originally Posted by FartBag Commando View Post
    I only brought the hate when I saw that tiger-stripped douche-dork from Alta trying to get gnar in Bob's trees... Fuck that fuckin' fuck.
    Ok, now I'm mad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AltaAndy View Post
    I would be riding the Canyons if I could ride...looks like they are reporting almost as much snow as the Cottonwoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    I should have gone to the canyons, I'm losing my damn mind just watching it snow up here at alta
    took a while to open the gondola in the morning (10:30) but after that ski patrol did an amazing job of opening new terrain every few hours (saddleback/tombstone/peak5/condor). deepest day this season, probably past few seasons. SO FUCKING DEEP. tomorrow should be amazing as well.

As for you few lucky souls 'trapped' above the gates in LCC, your day tomorrow will be legendary.

although, i bet people were going apeshit trapped inside all day today up there.

That dude is such a tool!

Hope I can get up to the most hated resort in Utah tomorrow. Considering a Soli pass more and more these days!

some pictures from the day
    deck at 9 am

front door at 12 noon

deck at 9 pm
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Think I will drug the knee and get my ride on tomorrow. Got the ok from the boss so sounds good.

Phall the picture of the door is awesome. No wonder exterior doors in Alta open to the inside.

Thanks for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    ....skittle thugs....
    I like this.

You bastards better break out the cameras tomorrow. I'm in sandy right now and if I don't get to ski this epic shit, I better get to see someone else ski it.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    took a while to open the gondola in the morning (10:30) but after that ski patrol did an amazing job of opening new terrain every few hours (saddleback/tombstone/peak5/condor). deepest day this season, probably past few seasons. SO FUCKING DEEP. tomorrow should be amazing as well.

As for you few lucky souls 'trapped' above the gates in LCC, your day tomorrow will be legendary.
    I concur. I've likely put in 600+ days at The Canyons and today was easy top 5.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

I felt compelled to post something about the quality turns today, but now I'm at a loss for words after reading this thread. Best of luck tomorrow, stay safe!

out of all the people that went to pc resorts or elsewhere, where are the pics?!

Here ya go:

the can 4/6/10

chester:

oh shit........

See you all bright and early at the greatest shitshow on earth. I cant wait.

Left the good cam at the office like a rookie bitch. May have to dig up the handheld, some garbage bag and lots of tape for some sweet homebrew waterproofing. Its gonna be all time.
    09/10 (BIRD) : 110 (98)
    10/11(Concussions) : 68 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Dude snowbird called wps you left your bros, boots and poles on the tramdeck
    We were worried you had a bad shroom trip the 4th and were stuck cowering in a corner of the basshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    sfb - thanks - that is my locker - picked them up on saturday - they are great skis!

Alta site says road open at 8:30, who's gonna get first on High Boy?