Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soliskier View Post
    Today was one of the top ten days of the decade? You haven't skied very long have you?
    you are ignorant. this is provo:

you=fail. Go away now...
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Hey now that 3 post jong represents Solitude professional ski patrol or so he tells me.
    SKIED that you? hows the knee? Not you?
    if ya do represent props for getting some of the terrain that makes sillytude special open today What the fucks up wit the Park?
    and your sweet input
    I told the Betsinator to give ya all a raise
    Best 2 days ever
    if ya don't count the other 420 or so i remember
    Edit goat fuck hemi viddy, wax fatties for another killer day tom. , or perform trophy husband duties
    whats a bitter old jaded bum to do
    JT I don't hate the Lcc got a dozen alta days and i hear the east castles gonna open around the 25th
    I aint down with Dick bass trying to strip mine a pristine AK for shitty dirt coal to sell to china, but I'm givin it up for the cats that built those dps lotus 138's, soli patrol, those that stoked this thread, shit even powder turds for bombing stairs
    Wonder what kind of bill they hit udot with.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Steeze nuts View Post
    Wow, really? 3 post JONG is going to call out Provo. 99% sure he was talking about yesterday, because it was indeed, one of the top 10 pow days of the decade. I missed part of it waiting like a sheep for LCC but made some turns at an unnamed parleys canyon resort and they were good turns.
    You're claiming its one of the top ten days since the 90's after riding in park city for the day? Haha okay douche, Im sure you have also skied every pow day since the 90's so that you can definitively call it one of the top 10 day of the decade.... Yesterday was indeed good, but one of the top 10 days since the 90's? Again, Im going to have to say you dont get out enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Powaholic View Post
    you are ignorant. this is provo:

you=fail. Go away now...
    OH WOW!!! I had no idea he was a person of such importance, I should have never said anything against him! Really is that video supposed to impress me... What is exactly the point of the video you showed me? To show he can ski powder like thousands of others in the wasatch, or that he is a skittle thug?(like thousands of others in the wasatch),

"top ten" in utah is so subjective and arbitrary that i really don't think there's any way to put a finger on something like that. it's much easier to say in a place that doesn't get the consistent snow we get, like when jay peak got around 5 days in 5 feet last year i can definitively say it was as good as it gets on the east coast. pretty dumb argument.

^^^^^ GIT EM bitter old troller
    Take it those weren't your lines down from the top of the guild line
    You never answered my pm were you involved in the steamboat lizzie incident?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

and now we're going to have a clothing argument... jesus.

Really I think it is pretty cool that Provo had what he considers to be one of the top 10 days of the decade. That is his opinion. He was clearly pumped about it. I love when I see people after a good day and they are pumping it up as best of season, best they can remember. I tend to have the same issue. Every day seems like the sickest day ever alot of the time. Pray for more POW POW.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

ooops! didn't mean to ruffle anyones feathers. I've lived in utah for 10 years, and based on my limited memory from those 10 years, I would say yesterday was a top 10 day. Indeed a very subjective matter.

Tuesday 4/6, #3 through the gate from Powderhorn to Summit chair. Easily best run in my 3 years out here in UT. I'll never forget the picture in my mind of that steep rolling terrain with not a track in sight. 3rd chair on Summit lift did not suck either.

How did this thread attract so many dumbfuck cunts? Please remember to post first and then smoke crack.

The last seven days have been awesome skiing. It snowed 100" in seven days.

If any of these days were average, disappointing, or whatever else you guys claim it to be...I promise it wasn't the snow quality that was the issue. I was there.

But hey, argue away about dumb shit. Me personally I can't stop smiling from the last week.

(Then again, it could be the vodka...mmmmhhhhhhhmmm....vodka.)

I was at solitude yesterday, and it was the best skiing I've done in my life. Granted, April first was the first powder I have ever skied, but I think that yesterday is going to be on my mind for a long time as one of, if not the best day ever. Even halfway through the day when most of the place was skied out, there were still freshies to be found.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better week to be out here, and I can't wait till next season.

Quote Originally Posted by PROVO View Post
    Lets see a show of hands... how many of you missed one of the top 10 powder days of the last decade because you were waiting for LCC?

My condolences to those who did.
    Well I guess I'm in that category.

Meh, def a little bummed I missed the epic day. Had plenty of them even in this dry season though.

Bottom line, if you never gamble you never win. We gambled and lost this time but I'll take a few losses if I can get one country club day in LCC.

Skiing was good, even great today, but def not 'epic'.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    found out this car belonged to a guy i work with up at the aerie. mexican cook who dosnt speak much english. pretty sure he had no idea that it could snow that much, let alone sweep his car off the side of the parking lot. apparently he had just bought the car on monday, drove it up to work and parked it in superior. next thing he knew it was upside down. shitty. here is a pic from today(the lot is up the hill on the left):

on another note: i didnt think that 44" of fresh pow could get tracked out so fast! it took like an hour and a half to look like the day after pow day. WTF?
    Last edited by dynodonkeyaltabird; 04-08-2010 at 01:25 AM.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

my goatfuck crack induced contribution for what was an epic storm cycle.
    fucked around with the moountpoint on my cheapocam and failed
    specail guest apperance by the Betsinator.
    I still heart the Bets she's part of what makes SILLYTUDE special.
    Yo soli troller no running smack on the interwebz till fantasy is open.

It's the interewebz kids take it all w/ a grain of salt
    IRL take it all with a healthy dose of cold smoke pow to the face and smile
    fuck it I suck at the interwebz
    [ame="http://www.vimeo.com/10765648"]Sillytudin on Vimeo[/ame]
    Last edited by skifishbum; 04-08-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    How did this thread attract so many dumbfuck cunts? Please remember to post first and then smoke crack.

But that would change the face of the intranets forever.

Yesterday was sliky, fast and smooth. Amazing how fast this thing settled out.

Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    found out this car belonged to a guy i work with up at the aerie. mexican cook who dosnt speak much english. pretty sure he had no idea that it could snow that much, let alone sweep his car off the side of the parking lot. apparently he had just bought the car on monday, drove it up to work and parked it in superior. next thing he knew it was upside down. shitty. here is a pic from today(the lot is up the hill on the left):

on another note: i didnt think that 44" of fresh pow could get tracked out so fast! it took like an hour and a half to look like the day after pow day. WTF?
    That's a bummer about that guy's car. Hope it was insured. I assume it would be damaged pretty badly rolling in a slide, but honestly, who knows. Maybe it won't be too fucked if they can get it right side up before the snow melts and it lands on its head on dirt.

Regarding the tracking out - it's a combo of warm temps and a lot of skiers. If it were 44" followed by a day with highs of 20 and midwinter sun angles, the pow would have stayed lighter and been pushed around instead of trampled. Spring brings some great days, but nothing lasts.

Hit up Snowbasin yesterday. was never the first in a gate that dropped but always close enough to have fresh tracks all the way.

No name openend up first. It was epic but quickly told me that the 30 inches that fell were skiing more like a fast 4 inches. Very smooth, buttery and fun -but not over the head blower.

Middle Bowl opened next and was able to get 3 laps in there without crossing a track.

Just before noon sisters opened and I took the highest gate and climbed until I scared myself being solo and dropped in to untracked goodness.

Very good day in the wasatch. However by the end of the day things were definately heating up. The Corn cycle should be off the hook.

Most of you may not care or might find this laughable, but it pissed me off...Heres my letter to Snowbird today

Dear Snowbird,

I am writing in regards to your photo of the day posted on 4-06-10 of ski patrol getting shoulder deep pow turns. While I value all the work that they do to get terrain open and keep the mountain safe, I find it bad taste to post a photo of this as if to brag about how good the snow was while everyone else at Snowbird was stuck in the lodge and you failed to at least open the Wilbere chair for us on Tuesday. You may say they were just coming down from their routes to get these turns well you may be right, but dont post about how good the turns were on a day when your whole mountain was closed to the public except chickadee??? Screw you!!

I am a season pass holder and was stuck up there Tuesday unable to ski and when I see pictures on your webpage of this its like a slap in the face. And after seeing how you need to brag about how good the snow was on a day that was supposedly to dangerous for anyone to ski im going to have to call BS on your decision to not open Wibere chair.

I am asking that you remove this photo of the ski patrol from your site and post one of your valued customers skiing chickadee from that day and please explain why they are only allowed to ski chickadee in the photo caption.

sincerely,
    -D

am I off base here? anyone else feel the same way?

p.s. (the next day)Wednesday was sick, thanks to ski patrol for their hard work and getting stuff open
    Last edited by mar123; 04-08-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiski View Post
    That's a bummer about that guy's car. Hope it was insured. I assume it would be damaged pretty badly rolling in a slide, but honestly, who knows. Maybe it won't be too fucked if they can get it right side up before the snow melts and it lands on its head on dirt.
    he said all the windows were broken and the car was packed full of snow. from what i could tell he was considering it totaled.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    Most of you may not care or might find this laughable, but it pissed me off...Heres my letter to Snowbird today

Dear Snowbird,

I am writing in regards to your photo of the day posted on 4-06-10 of ski patrol getting shoulder deep pow turns. While I value all the work that they do to get terrain open and keep the mountain safe, I find it bad taste to post a photo of this as if to brag about how good the snow was while everyone else at Snowbird was stuck in the lodge and you failed to at least open the Wilbere chair for us on Tuesday. You may say they were just coming down from their routes to get these turns well you may be right, but dont post about how good the turns were on a day when your whole mountain was closed to the public except chickadee??? Screw you!!

I am a season pass holder and was stuck up there Tuesday unable to ski and when I see pictures on your webpage of this its like a slap in the face. And after seeing how you need to brag about how good the snow was on a day that was supposedly to dangerous for anyone to ski im going to have to call BS on your decision to not open Wibere chair.

I am asking that you remove this photo of the ski patrol from your site and post one of your valued customers skiing chickadee from that day and please explain why they are only allowed to ski chickadee in the photo caption.

sincerely,
    -D

p.s. (the next day)Wednesday was sick, thanks to ski patrol for their hard work and getting stuff open
    Waaaaaaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    he said all the windows were broken and the car was packed full of snow. from what i could tell he was considering it totaled.
    Doubt he'll be covered since the police report will state that it was parked in a lot that was closed due to avalanche danger. Sucks.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Dear Snowbird,

sincerely,
    -D

Every resort I have ever skiied does this, its called false advertising. They take a pic of somebody on a slop ski patrol opend just for that pic. may or may not be in the resort even (open terrain). April fools day was the money day IMO. 4% utah blower..........
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    You may say they were just coming down from their routes to get these turns well you may be right, but dont post about how good the turns were on a day when your whole mountain was closed to the public except chickadee??? Screw you!!
    I think this brings up a good point if they really were just doing routes why was there a photographer with them?

Quote Originally Posted by steeze_pizza View Post
    I think this brings up a good point if they really were just doing routes why was there a photographer with them?
    haha so true!! hey, plenty of time to stop and take pictures!!

Hey, maybe they got some helmet cam footage they've editied from the day with a little song to go with it, that would be nice.

-d