Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    God, some of you really think so highly of your own opinions that you have to write letters to ski resorts telling them how wrong they are?

Some employees are allowed to tag along with Patrol on routes. The PR director got to go that day and got a great pic of patrol skiing. Would you not post it? What about Easter Sunday which was knee deep blower and all they posted was a pic of the sunrise service. Did you write a letter then thanking them for not telling everyone how good it was with walk on trams and face shots everywhere?

Your season pass gets you the right to ski what Patrol deems safe for the entire customer base. Did it suck being up there and only have Chickadee to ski? hell yea, but I've been on the flip side of the coin many times up there and would take that risk again.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

If it makes you feel any better that pic was actually taken at Dear Valet..
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Talking

Honeycomb gates dropped around 10 yesterday after now opening at all the day before.........OH MY GOD! Parking lot still half empty at that time.

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    God, some of you really think so highly of your own opinions that you have to write letters to ski resorts telling them how wrong they are?

Some employees are allowed to tag along with Patrol on routes. The PR director got to go that day and got a great pic of patrol skiing. Would you not post it? What about Easter Sunday which was knee deep blower and all they posted was a pic of the sunrise service. Did you write a letter then thanking them for not telling everyone how good it was with walk on trams and face shots everywhere?

Your season pass gets you the right to ski what Patrol deems safe for the entire customer base. Did it suck being up there and only have Chickadee to ski? hell yea, but I've been on the flip side of the coin many times up there and would take that risk again.
    And you thought so highly of your opinion that you had to respond to my post

And why wouldnt I have posted that photo?? maybe because they shut down the whole canyon because of high avalanche danger, maybe because slides were coming down and overturning cars, maybe because the whole town of Snowbird and Alta was interlodged... peoples lives were in danger, ...but hey Im glad Snowbird and the "PR Director" thinks it was an epic pow day with face shots

and Im not sayin every photo has to perfectly represent the day, but this one particularly was in bad taste due to the circumstances

-d
    Last edited by mar123; 04-08-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    If it makes you feel any better that pic was actually taken at Dear Valet..

So it was actually a parking attendent that took that photo?

Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    ...but hey Im glad Snowbird and the "PR Director" thinks it was an epic pow day with face shots
    -d
    So just because they posted the photo they are claiming that it was an epic day with face shots? I'm glad your so smart you know what other people are thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    So just because they posted the photo they are claiming that it was an epic day with face shots? I'm glad your so smart you know what other people are thinking.
    Here is the caption and a link with the photo taken on the same day the mountain was closed and all the avalanche activity was going on...this was posted Wednesday morning from Snowbirds website

Author: Jared Ishkanian

The road is open and it's going to be an incredible bluebird day! Here's a sneak peak of what to expect from a patroller post-route yesterday.

http://www.snowbird.com/ski_board/photo.php?photo=1546

So its obvious where I drew my conclusions from....Um yeah, meanwhile people are interlodged and cars are being overturned by avalanches... Is that what I can expect tomorrow? I dont think so... and the snow was nothing like that the next day, thanks for the "sneak peak"

p.s. Go Blackhawks!! Hurricanes fan? you play hockey?? I play some pickup here and there

peace
    -d
    Last edited by mar123; 04-08-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PROVO View Post
    Lets see a show of hands... how many of you missed one of the top 10 powder days of the last decade because you were STUCK IN LCC?

My condolences to those who did.
    What can you do, I was hoping for country club and it didn't pan out. I gambled big and lost big, but I redeem myself with the thought that if the gamble had paid off, it would have been legendary. Could you imagine if the road had stayed closed but resorts opened on Tuesday?
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Lets see a show of hands... how many of you missed one of the top 10 powder days of the last decade because you were waiting for LCC?

Let's see a show of hands... how many of you cut about 150 people in line for 9990 yesterday?

(At least 3 of them knew who you were from vids posted here...)

Mar123,

Just think of the partroller in that photo enjoying one of the few perks of a shitty job that is keeping our dumbasses safe out there.....

soquityerbitchin

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Deep View Post
    So it was actually a parking attendent that took that photo?
    Stein lodge employee serving up snowflakes for breakfast....

yeah missed tuesday for the most part... was able to get a couple lines playing around the village launching off buildings and such

but wednesday was epic ...def a top 10 for me just cause all the timing and openings worked out perfectly... It still payed to be up at the bird wednesday morning and in line for the tram before the masses showed up...got first tracks down all the big steep stuff...one thing the canyons lacks

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Mar123,

Just think of the partroller in that photo enjoying one of the few perks of a shitty job that is keeping our dumbasses safe out there.....

soquityerbitchin
    yeah for sure... im in no way trying to bash ski patrol, I have the utmost respect for what they do risking their lives...I have a couple buddies who patrol and Im glad if they get great turns

Im just a lil salty on how "Corporate Snowbird" portrayed that day...Thats all I'll say, im over it...hope everyone got theirs!!

peace!!

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    Could you imagine if the road had stayed closed but resorts opened on Tuesday?
    I can. It would have been all time. can't blame those who had the vision. Im bummed it didn't work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Let's see a show of hands... how many of you cut about 150 people in line for 9990 yesterday?

yes, I did cut the line yesterday. When you're riding solo, and you see chair after chair go by only 3/4 full, you move in to fill the void. What a junk show that was.

got here a little late...

Quote Originally Posted by mar123
    Dear Snowbird,
    ...I find it bad taste to post a photo of this as if to brag about how good the snow was while everyone else at Snowbird was stuck in the lodge... dont post about how good the turns were on a day when your whole mountain was closed to the public except chickadee??? Screw you!!
    ...I am a season pass holder and was stuck up there Tuesday unable to ski and when I see pictures on your webpage of this its like a slap in the face...
    ...I am asking that you remove this photo of the ski patrol from your site...
    sincerely,
    -D

am I off base here? anyone else feel the same way?
    im with you mar123. as a season pass holder I too hate those jerkoff patrollers who get shit for pay and wake up in the dark all winter just to make the resort safe to ski for boners like you and myself. i mean just where do they get off enjoying more face shots than I do after wasting runs ski cutting and throwing explosives around all morning and dealing with beaters from Kansas asking for a trail pitch and difficulty comparison between Chip's and Bananas?

furthermore, i think it is OFFENSIVE that mags post pictures of face shots and general stokage during periods of high pressure here in utah. I cant believe you people have the NERVE to brag about how good the snow is when i clearly have to ski firm snow. please stop posting pictures of nuclear winter stoke UNLESS i am also experiencing it, and kindly remove any pictures or TRs you may have posted in the past few years that possibly offended me. I know mar123 is with me on this.

Is that what I can expect tomorrow? I dont think so... and the snow was nothing like that the next day, thanks for the "sneak peak"
    really? a high near 35 + april sun + most of the salt lake valley ski community rushing up canyon didnt tip you off that the snow would get pounded pretty quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by mar123
    Im just a lil salty on how "Corporate Snowbird" portrayed that day...
    yea, fuck snowbird for showing their shittily paid employees having some fun. go to alta.

Lotta bitching going on today.
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

yes, I did cut the line yesterday. When you're riding solo, and you see chair after chair go by only 3/4 full, you move in to fill the void. What a junk show that was.
    Yell single and move on in, that is how we did it on the ice coast, long lines mean filling the chair. I would do it too, except I don't have to.

The wambulance is en route.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Im just a lil salty on how "Corporate Snowbird" portrayed that day...

Just so you know... "Corporate Snowbird" sets prices and runs the show. The website and photos are done by employees who are just trying to provide stoke. You look at it like Jared is insulting you with that photo. Others might look at it as Jared risking his life to get an image to cheer you up after a day of not being able to ski. (or maybe somewhere in between...)

"Corporate Snowbird" probably lost $250,000 not being open on that day and spent a shitload on avy control, public safety, etc, etc, and then they get letters like yours.

shut the fuck up mar, ski patrol did an amazing job getting terrain open and all you can do is bitch about them getting faceshots on low angle pow after doing routes to make sure the slope they were skiing was indeed safe. i seriously hope you didn't actually send that to snowbird, because while i do have some issues with their management and ownership, their ski patrol is top fucking notch and deserves those "sneak peeks". by the way, i had more fun today than yesterday so look for another video .

Quote Originally Posted by 4-TEEF'S Ghost View Post
    Just so you know... "Corporate Snowbird" sets prices and runs the show. The website and photos are done by employees who are just trying to provide stoke. You look at it like Jared is insulting you with that photo. Others might look at it as Jared risking his life to get an image to cheer you up after a day of not being able to ski. (or maybe somewhere in between...)

"Corporate Snowbird" probably lost $250,000 not being open on that day and spent a shitload on avy control, public safety, etc, etc, and then they get letters like yours.
    true, true understandable yes I agree with you but also they may have gained 250,000 by the recent snowfall that will extend their season...

but still why not take a picture of people skiing on chickadee that day? there was much fun to be had and plenty of stoke, we made the best of the situation with what we had, some made a fun little booter that people were throwin fronts and backs off of... with plenty of photo ops available where a non patrol "Jared" did not have to be "risking their life" for a pow shot...nice shot by the way makes me want to be a ski patrol

again, I respect the patrol and am very grateful for what they do, im glad they are getting faceshots, they are risking their lives for us, and the bird, I enjoy their resort very much, but my opinion is still the same about the photo and read carefully...BASED ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THAT DAY.

Im just asking that you look at it from my perspective and hopefully im not coming across as a jerk.

peace
    Last edited by mar123; 04-08-2010 at 05:49 PM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Corperate snowbird = Dick Bass and Billy Boner? or is there shareholders?
    The picture of a professional snowbird patroler gitin sum made me smile. If it would have been apd i'd a smiled a bit more.
    The Professional soliskier/patroler cunting up the thread made me sad
    The risking your life thing while techically true is a bit over the top. IMO it's your job
    E bowl davenport and hideaway/keyhole all skied great today total mank on days exit
    hope you all got sum cause you'll need to get high
    North and/or sheltered trees to milk out the last of the pow pow
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

true, true understandable yes I agree with you but also they may have gained 250,000 by the recent snowfall that will extend their season...

.........blah blah blah..........

/coming across as a jerk.

peace
    Hey Genius, while I may have issues with some of upper management's decisions myself, Snowbird doesn't make any money extending their season. They do it for season pass holders at a substantial loss. They could close with a 150" base like the other resorts.

You should quit your bitching and let your money talk if you feel so strongly about it. Or maybe Snowbird will refund your season pass privileges for you like another rocky mountain resort did recently.

PEACE!

There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Ya I jumped in Single with a chair 3/4 full aswell...If The Canyons is dumb enough to not have a single line at 99 this is the type of stuff that happens, and I dont think that me riding up in what otherwise would be a empty spot on the chiar made you wait any longer.
    "Officially known as Highway U-210, more commonly known as Little Cottonwood Canyon and unofficially acknowledged as the epicenter of the greatest snow on earth." Andrew McLean

And then there was the flaming a-hole who pushed his way through and ended up screwing my buddy off 9990 -"ahh, yah man, wow I didn't know dude" -but it was only my bud being a nice guy, and not knowing what a douche you are.

If you're on here, you know who you are, and you're a complete asshole, and some bullshit apology doesn't come close as we all saw your gig - I hope the karma gods get even in short order.