2010-11 Specs for Movement Touring Skis?

I had noticed previously that Movement touring skis had some impressive specs (or at least for those of us who like relatively skinny yet superlight skis), but the specs for 2010-11 look almost like misprints:
    http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/sho...oducts_id=8228
    http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/sho...oducts_id=8229
    That would be barely over four pounds for a 167cm with 76mm waist and *under* found-and-half pounds for a 168cm with 88mm waist. (Yeah, I know, for many people here, anything <100mm and <8 pounds is absurdly skinny and light...)
    Makes my Trab and Dynafit skis seem heavy (well, sort of). I'm surprised these skis don't seem to be getting much publicity (at least in the U.S.).
    Anyone here know anything about how the current models ski?

I've got pictures somewhere at the office of the Logic X on a gram scale. Not back in till Tuesday. I'll post them up.

It's the real deal.

Any updates?

My ikis ski way nicer than the other skis I've had in the just-under 3kg weight class (voile carbon surf, goode carbon 95, old stiff straight 90-70-80 AT skis). But that 2.2kg or so on the logics is ridiculous.
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

Quote Originally Posted by canwilf View Post
    The Head Monster Alpinist is also one super light but great ride ski.
    I got one, looks a lot like the Movement but different technology.
    about 2.4 kg for a pair 178 cm length.
    According these specs (which are somewhat contradictory, as is almost always the case), it's light, but hardly superlight:
    http://www.levelninesports.com/head-...cm-p-3013.html
    http://www.citizenski.com/skis/head-...is-200809.html

I'm super curious about Movement skis. I'm looking add another ski in top of my 123-89-111 G3 Spitfire mountaineering ski, and was investigating the Movement line, when I saw that Logic X. 2.0kg for a PAIR? Huh? That seems outrageous. Well, so is the price! I'd love to ditch my Spitfires for a pair of the X's and then add a powder ski, but man, I might have to sell some organs to do that...

Any feedback about any of the Movement line? Searching here brought little info other than a couple posts about the Goliath.

The Backcountry magazine review sounded rather negative. By contrast, they were very positive on the Dynafit Se7en Summits Superlight and Broad Peak.
    Maybe the gear review issue of Off Piste will provide a second opinion?

shirk, where art thou?
    Aggressive in my own mind

X Logics

I skied them all last spring. I have skied the following a number of days on each:
    Manaslu, Tonics, Goliath, Verdict, Justice, Manhattans, Mustagh Ata, Red Apple, Randoms, and many others (I work at a shop and get to test demos plus reps new lines each spring).

One of my favourite touring rigs has been the Manaslu..my go to light, med fat, all around backcountry rig. I am a big fan of early rise tips. That being said the Mustagh Ata is a stiffer better harder snow ski. Also better at speed. One of THE most overlooked skis for fast and light touring is the Mvmt Random. Exceptional skis with fantastic torsional stiffness (carver everything) surprisingly very stable even as speeds pick up and still really fun in the powder. Don't overlook these...usually can find on sale and they are worth every penny.

However, the skis that really caught my attention when on them was the X Logic. Simply put, for that dimension, which is a good all around size for backcountry (good wide tip for good float), carves very well adn very easily, holds very well on ice...BUT what really makes it amazing, is the weight! It is the real deal, state of the art tech in the materials, and uphills you feel like you are on a World Cup Randonee Race ski. So light. could be better with early rise tip and a little less sidecut I figure. But Mvmt has something with the X series as the materials tech is very good. You get good torsional stiffness but with very light wt. which is a tough thing to do.

Expensive, but if you want to travel far and fast but still enjoy all kinds of snow...this is worth looking at for sure.

I weigh 190, ski raced for years, ski mountaineering for over 20 years.
    Hope that helps.

Oh one more thing, if you are into the best performing tech system you can get...check out Plum bindings. Super stiff DIN 13 and only 600 gr. They are apparently rumoured to be bringing out a new DIN 16 TUV certified tech system binding!!!! Now we are talking!

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    shirk, where art thou?
    up to my eye balls in projects.

The final production 2010/2011 X-series skis are currently on a boat somewhere between Montreal and Euroland so I have not been able to put a final run ski on a scale. I don't expect any major variation from the posted weights as the factory does a bang up job at producing the highest quality.

Will update again when they arrive.

Good to see someone that has got multiple days on them chime in, I didn't get a chance to ski the Logic X-series last season so other than hand flexing and passing along others comments it would not be a good first hand account.

Quote Originally Posted by highgear View Post
    However, the skis that really caught my attention when on them was the X Logic. Simply put, for that dimension, which is a good all around size for backcountry (good wide tip for good float), carves very well adn very easily, holds very well on ice...BUT what really makes it amazing, is the weight! It is the real deal, state of the art tech in the materials, and uphills you feel like you are on a World Cup Randonee Race ski. So light. could be better with early rise tip and a little less sidecut I figure.
    How is the Logic-X in more variable conditions? And how about compared to the Mustagh Ata Superlight? (I have the Manaslu for soft snow winter conditions, the Duo Sint Aero for late spring & early summer consolidated snow, and the MASL for variable winter & early spring conditions. The Logic-X weight savings are tempting, although the Backcountry Mag review kind of panned the ski -- I don't put much faith in their reviews, especially given their telemark and sidecountry bias, but they did like some other relatively narrow & light skis.)

Quote Originally Posted by highgear View Post
    Oh one more thing, if you are into the best performing tech system you can get...check out Plum bindings. Super stiff DIN 13 and only 600 gr.
    Movement skis + Plum bindings = definitely an exotic lightweight ski touring combo (makes Trab + Dynafit look commonplace by comparison).
    I put up an overview of the new "Guide" binding specs:
    http://www.wildsnow.com/3739/plum-bi...ountry-skiing/
    ... although obviously I haven't actually used the thing.