Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ...still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Same thing I have now. Toyota FJ Cruiser......just wish I could get it with a Diesel engine.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Quote Originally Posted by rossibandit View Post
    Ford Ranger with diesel engine from the UK

I can't figure out why Ford will not sell this truck with the diesel engine in NA.
    It's very simple -- it doesn't meet NA emissions. Or more to the point, meeting NA emissions would add several thousand to the price of the vehicle.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

I guess I'm just really not that exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    ...still waiting.
    It's for you, not me. You live in DC, so I guess it's for DC.

For me, that RS6 wagon would be sweet but I'm pretty sure it's no available in the U.S.

I like the S5 a lot, but the back seat's pretty small and I would have to find some other way to get the dogs to the vet. Still, it's a sweet ride.

The Earthroamers are way cool but it'd be tough to ride around town and I'd hato waste such a nice machine.

Toyota

I just picked up one of these and its pretty sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    in a new feat of coolness i saw a kid on Armada fat somethings last week with Salomon 916s and Scarpa tele boots, that setup must give maximum performance...

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

guess i'm boring, but:

new 4runner would be pretty nice!

I've been pretty happy with my car (could use moar HP though):

Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Haven't decided which one I like best so maybe I'll have to have all of them:

But I think in the end the winner goes to the Conquest Knight XV. V10, 6.8-litre, Bio-fuel powered, 400 hp, fully-armored, luxe interior, weighs 10,000 lbs, $310,000.

Last edited by JMO; 04-01-2010 at 08:12 AM.
    People shooting ski areas should be sued.

Just one car?

Probably a BMW X5 xDrive40d M Sport in that case.

37.7mpg and 198g/km CO2 emissions but still capable of seating five and gear, getting to 60mph in 6.4s and hitting a top speed of 147mph. 700 mile range. All wheel drive. Sweet handling for an SUV.

I'd be happy with one of those.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Roo, I one up you, literally...

I'm actually posing this question upon myself, and although the M-B G55 is tempting, frankly $125k isn't in my budget quite yet. For practicality, and reasonable price ($15-$20k) I've narrowed it down to these two:

or

Last edited by QuikR12; 04-01-2010 at 07:18 AM.

I've driven the G55. It drives, well, like a M-B. Certainly, not as cushy as the Range Rover, but much more dependable and beefy. It roars, whereas the Range Rover purrs.

Iceman, although I am not a huge fan of Audis, and I thought my Allroad was overrated, the A6 Avant is a nice looking ride that is capable in the snow. Having said that, I wouldn't really want to pull a boat, or trailer with it. Actually, if you want a mom's mall car (which the Audi is), maybe you should consider an Escalade, or other Ami. truck/SUV
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Nobody said anything about an A6 Avant, counselor. The RS6 Avant was mentioned. Somehow I don't think a lot of Moms are taking a 580 hp twin-turbo V10 with 480 pounds of torque and quattro to the mall, unless they're really in a hurry.

They're also well north of $100K and I'm not buying one. But they're cool in a sort of stealth way, unlike that fugly G-wagon you like.

It was time for Mrs dbldmnd to to get a new set of wheels. After much research and test driving, we ended up buying a used 2002 Audi S6 avant. It's got the 4.2 with 340 hp and auto, as this was her requirement. We just got back from a Co->Tahoe road trip and this thing a true road warrior. A day of 14 hours behind the wheel was not a problem. With roof case it handled 8 pr of skis and all gear for 4 people for a week. We're please with the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    Roo, I one up you, literally...
    I just saw one of these on the road for the first time yesterday. My first impression is that it's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. To each his own, I guess.

In the Greatest Nation on this Amazing Planet

Where YUGO I Go!

RS6 if they were available in the US. AudiUSA is a bunch of dummies.
    Given that, I'm thinking it's got to be the BMW 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M).

(edit)
    Note to the uninterested: AudiUSA doesn't bring in Avants with manual
    transmissions. BMW does. Anybody that gets a higher performance car with
    an automatic should be made to watch reruns of the dating game if they don't already.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 04-01-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

S6 Avant would be just fine.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    guess i'm boring, but:

new 4runner would be pretty nice!
    I have had three 4runners, first second and third generation. They were all great vehicles and offroad worthy. I do not know how the drive train is on that vehicle (in picture) but my wife's subaru has about the same ground clearance. The Sequoia seems even lower, but it could be the longer wheelbase. Toyota seems to be leaving their offroad heritage and making soccer mom cars nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Corest to the Morest View Post
    I love trucks with exhaust stacks coming through the bed. Such a practical choice

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    RS6 if they were available in the US. AudiUSA is a bunch of dummies.
    Given that, I'm thinking it's got to be the BMW 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M).

(edit)
    Note to the uninterested: AudiUSA doesn't bring in Avants with manual
    transmissions. BMW does. Anybody that gets a higher performance car with
    an automatic should be made to watch reruns of the dating game if they don't already.
    Audi's moved to DCT - dual clutch transmission, which which isn't an automatic (no torque converter) or manual (no clutch pedal). If it's good enough for F1 racing it's good enough for you.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.