View Poll Results: How long before you could "play" like before after a broken femur ?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2 months

0 0%
  • 2-4 months

1 5.56%
  • 4-6 months

3 16.67%
  • 6-8 months

0 0%
  • 8-10 months

5 27.78%
  • more than 10 months

9 50.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Ok, Now three weeks after surgery and I'd say I'm 95% fit again and have now started working out again as prior to the injury.

So to anyone who has doubts about removing the hardware, don't, it's well worth it and you'll be up an running (literally) in no time at all.

Superduper did you get your screws and rod out, or just the screws?

Quote Originally Posted by tele222 View Post
    Superduper did you get your screws and rod out, or just the screws?
    Hi! I got everything out, didn't have a rod as such, here's the x-ray of the steel;

Hi Super, sounds like things went well! I felt a bit shaky for a week or two after my operation back in late Jan but then I was back to normal. I remember the Dr. advising me not to run on it for a couple of months after the operation and so I guess you still have a few weeks to go before you can do that.

I try to be more careful than ever before when riding my bike now - I wear protection on the hips.

welcome superduper....You are lucky for modern tech ;I fractured my r side, when I was 10.Simple break,but in 1981,my treatment was traction for two weeks,then half body cast...Full right leg to stomach,and 1/2 left leg.Three months.Looks like your healing ;nice .Skinning is great rehab
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Ok - so almost 7 years later - what is my status?

All has gone fine and the only time I ever feel a light pain is after long hiking treks (+5 hrs. with lots of elevation), but this quickly subsides afterwards. Other than that, nothing!

Just thought I'd let you all know :-)

Greetings, I'm still subbed to the thread - lol.

As for me, thankfully, I don't appear to have any symptoms. My activities are not restrained. Last year I was trekking in the Himalayas with a 16kg pack and didn't notice any pain although I was later overcome with altitude sickness and had to descend prematurely before reaching Everest Base Camp.

The only negative is I'm sure my affected leg is shorter than it was before. Also, the repair has changed the shape of the hip joint because it feels different to the other side. Thankfully though there are no symptoms. Maybe the leg differential is psychosomatic as the affected leg is naturally shorter.

Anyway, I'm looking to return to Nepal for some more trekking.

If you still have pain, you just need to keep stretching - glute stretches and front thight stretches...all combined with general stretches for the rest of the body.

Good luck.