'On The Rise' on The Sportsman Channel starts tomorrow!

Hosted by Frank Smethurst

Great trout fishing almost always has a great conservation story behind it, and Trout Unlimited: On the Rise, the television show from the nation’s largest coldwater conservation group covers both big-fish and big-habitat stories in spades when it makes its debut on Sportsman Channel tomorrow.

Beginning Tuesday, March 30, Trout Unlimited: On the Rise airs at 11 p.m. with re-airs on Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m., Fridays at 8:30 a.m., Saturdays at 10 a.m., and Sundays at 2:30 a.m., all EST.

From salmon fishing in Alaska’s Bristol Bay to searching for brook trout in suburban Long Island, N.Y., host Frank Smethurst fishes around the country where TU is making a difference. Watch a promo of the 2010 season.

See if the show will visit your favorite river. Here’s a full line-up of the season’s episodes.
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=73886134001

If that doesn't work, go to:

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/

And click on 'fish' then click on 'On The Rise'
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Frank was pretty good on the first go around. Kinda goofy but I thought he did a nice job. "running Down the Man" did him well.

Thanks for the heads up !

I've been watching "hooked on the fly" and "Familiar Waters" lately. Hooked is pretty decent. One is on Sportsmans and th other on the Outdoor Channel.

all my none fishing friends bust on me and mock Frank with the "see, see, see right there, see him rise" everytime we're near water, sometimes even puddles.

That being said I'll be watching it tonight.
    Harvest the ride.

Watched it last night and thought it was really good. This is the first time I have seen On The Rise. I have some of the other fly fishing shows from the Sportsman Channel set to record on my TiVo, but this one seems to be the best (as in least cheesy).
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

remeber "Fishing the West" with Larry Schoenborn?

gotta find those old shows online somewhere

-are these new shows online? no cable in the van

I have one that records called Fly Fishing the World - I think it is on the Outdoor Channel. It is pretty cheese-dick. The host tries to impress you with the celebrities he knows, but they go to some pretty cool destinations (Belize, Bahamas, etc.) The featured celebrities usually suck at fly fishing, but the locations are good. Although, in one episode they went to Ireland with Liam Neison (spelling?) and all they fished were golf course ponds. They even used a drift boat in one of them. It was pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    I have one that records called Fly Fishing the World - I think it is on the Outdoor Channel. It is pretty cheese-dick. The host tries to impress you with the celebrities he knows, but they go to some pretty cool destinations (Belize, Bahamas, etc.) The featured celebrities usually suck at fly fishing, but the locations are good. Although, in one episode they went to Ireland with Liam Neison (spelling?) and all they fished were golf course ponds. They even used a drift boat in one of them. It was pretty lame.
    The host is a cheese-dick, (with emphasis on DICK), too. It's not just the show. His production company puts out many of the FF shows on Versus, Sportsmans and the Outdoor channel. Some of the shows are alright...he has some good folks working with him.

Can't wait to see some of the new season of On the Rise.

This just makes me miss teh Walker's Cay Chronicles. There was no fishing show like that, and never will be again. Spanish Fly takes 2nd for me.

Spanish Fly is one of my favorites too. Haven't seen it in a while.

Yeah- Jose Wejebe is the man.

I like Blair Wiggins too. Really nice guy.

I am out of the loop on the fishing shows right now. They are always on when I am on the boat.