Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Huge wind today, whole upper mountain shut down, giant plumes off the peak. Could it smooth things out for a nice surface in case of more snow or will it just make huge drifts and punchy slabs? I don't know.

Hey catfish, we should meet up, probly rolling solo as well. Would like to ski some "sign out" stuff if it's good. Check your messages.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Signed up for the Big at 1:00 around 11:30, then the tram was shut down so we decided to ski down Liberty since it was either that or sit up there for an hour an a half. The snow in Liberty was good then, I doubt it now. People were getting knocked over by the wind up there. Felt like my face was being sandblasted.

Also, I heard a bomb go off around 3:50 while riding Ramcharger. Have to see what its like there tomorrow...
    "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live."
    -Marcus Aurelius

Tone I sent you a pm, we should def. meet up. Looks like a couple inches of snow up there. Should be interesting.

weldrFam headed down for sat/sun, catchya @ the pondskim...

Tone, don't know if you were up there today or not, but tons of tracks in the stuff we tried to ski yesterday. Can't believe the attitude they gave you and then had at least 25 ppl ski the same stuff today. Unreal.

Yeah, I saw that. Whatever the reasons for not letting people ski the interesting stuff on any given day, the attitude is kind of shocking compared to politely asked questions at Bridger. Seems like those guys hate their jobs or something. I couldn't believe how that whole wall got gang raped today after the 'tude they gave us yesterday. Fuck, first tracks would have been scary and rocky enough for me!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Whoops, mistake number 1 at Big suck is asking permision to ski something.

You wanna drop in the little or the fourth Gully, just do it. Then laugh well they try to catch up to you. Maybe some sort of nickname for the tram tude is in store. The locs down there are bitter cuz for the first time this year some real skiers have showed up and are upstaging their gayness. Maybe beercanitude? I saw high school chicks from Bozeman throwin down harder than team Big suck and ooohhh are they confused. Ps. that'll be team Bozo schraplin Koch in a week or two. Sign up and take a lesson beercanitude dorks.

Sorry, I take that back. I'm deep into a bottle of violence being Saturday night n all. You should never drop into the fourth gully unless you see a bunch of bomb holes in there as it could slide into the inbounds. But the little is fair game. As long as you schrapl it like ernie would tower 4.

John C is a weird angry dude.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

The locals? Fuck You. There were no locals up there. They hate the fuck heads like John C. All I saw up there was a bunch of shitty snow boarders and bad skiers from BB.

You should never drop into the fourth gully unless you see a bunch of bomb holes in there as it could slide into the inbounds.
    No that wasn't the issue. Fresh bomb holes out there. They were concerned that it was too rocky. I know I'm gonna tank some scree skiing anything interesting there, but isn't that the point of that place? I don't need my hand held to ski some ten turn poke with a clean exit, sorry. I don't need a big attitude about it either. Oh well, no big deal really, just wishing there were more options there that day with the triple closed, Big all booked, and a big shitshow of Bridger heathens going down. Clearly there was legit terrain they weren't letting people ski cause it's too gnar for team Bridger.
    Fun skiing with ya catfish, shoot me a pm or give me a call if your interested in spring skiing or summer climbing.
    Last edited by tone capone; 04-11-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Huge wind today, whole upper mountain shut down, giant plumes off the peak. Could it smooth things out for a nice surface in case of more snow or will it just make huge drifts and punchy slabs? I don't know.

Hey catfish, we should meet up, probly rolling solo as well. Would like to ski some "sign out" stuff if it's good. Check your messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Tone I sent you a pm, we should def. meet up. Looks like a couple inches of snow up there. Should be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Tone, don't know if you were up there today or not, but tons of tracks in the stuff we tried to ski yesterday. Can't believe the attitude they gave you and then had at least 25 ppl ski the same stuff today. Unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. Whatever the reasons for not letting people ski the interesting stuff on any given day, the attitude is kind of shocking compared to politely asked questions at Bridger. Seems like those guys hate their jobs or something. I couldn't believe how that whole wall got gang raped today after the 'tude they gave us yesterday. Fuck, first tracks would have been scary and rocky enough for me!

Why not just talk on the phone, text, email?

All hail the end of soft-serve season.

I wouldn't advise skiing the Little if it's closed... If you get in there and it's too rocky or some shit, you could be in some really serious trouble
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

Thanks for the shenanigans pig-sty, while BB is my true love I've got no problem sneaking off to the Big Lie and plundering the goods come freak-weak. The kids got a big kick outta the pond-skim and sunshine yesterday, dad enjoyed plenty of solitary chalky soft snow today.

Got last chair on challenger today; and I gotta say it was skiin pretty damn good! Super sweet to send out the lift-accessed with good friends and good snow; felt like skiin the Bridger chair with all the regular old heads up there.

Cheers to all the SW montana folks that made this season so great; see ya on the river/trail/barstool this summer!!

Right back at ya Lexi and the rest of the Mags, SW MT, BB MT or whatever.

This winter I had the chance to meet Axebiker and then rode the triple the other day with Thomas (Mag lurker here).

227" @ 8800' from 10/1 to closing with pretty good skiing, considering.

Year # 26 in the books.

See ya all next year.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

bunion, HUGE THANKS for letting some of your southern neighbors shralf the summit snowfield this afternoon. talk about a sick last run of the season. and terry KILLED it. what a fun season. see you hosers in brighton, beehive, and the beartooths, in approximately that order

I wouldn't advise skiing the Little if it's closed...
    I could care less about that thing.

Why not just talk on the phone, text, email?
    It's called a forum, where people talk about conditions and try to meet up for some runs/reflect on the days happenings.

Some good fun down there this week, but I do wish I woulda just skied Moonlight one or two of those days though. And as Bunion said, really not bad for 226" season total. I will never forget 05'/06 though, in my opinion the best that place ever got. Would love to see that mountain get plastered like that again. Wish I had pics from Freek week that year. Just picture people railing clean turns on the rock spines in the pockets above the gullies. Wouldn't believe it if I wasn't there.

I believe it looked something like this:

I've got a few more from 05/06:

Got to ski the N.Summit snowfield Saturday... and it was really cool.
    Challenger and the headwaters were great this weekend, too. Fun to see all the BB faces up there!

Here are a few from Saturday:

Cheers eveyone
    Last edited by Norseman; 04-12-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Great times for sure.

Bunion, thanks again for your hospitality. I sincerely hope that MLB will be open for many years to come. I'll keep coming back - especially if they keep those mid-week specials going. The "ski and soak" kicked ass! Maybe I'll come out with a few less nagging injuries next time, and in better shape too. The season ended way too quickly. Maybe next year I'll get a little more snow to hide the rocks just a little better!

All the best until next year!
    Last edited by axebiker; 04-12-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Gravity. It's the law.