Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Stay away! The only thing deep around here is the tram line:

The skiing is all rocky (as usual)....just stay away. I hear Utah is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    If there is a location anywhere in ski town USA that has more attitude than the the tram line at Big Sky I would love to know where it is? For a beer can that goes to two bowls, one face and a chute that you have to sign a fucking feild trip waiver for that is a lot of tude. Oh yeah, and the sick and rad OB. West facing wind deathalanche zone....Rad. This tude comes from the locs deep seeded insecurities revolving around the fact that everyone from JH to Bridger knows the place sucks ass. This is the hill that attracts the ones to dumb to go to Jackson and to abnormal to live in a normal town like Bozeman. You mighta had an argument prior to the gates opening and Slaschman's but that is gone now. Gone like your snowpack when the wind starts blowing and pushes what little snow that reef gets down to West Yellowstone. Bridger's full of morons and most of us know we're morons. Big Sky is full of morons who think they're Seth Morrison.
    Sweet blog. I have an idea, if you don't like it, don't go. Both Bridger and Big Sky have their advantages and disadvantages. Be happy not everyone likes going to Bridger, I personally like not having to park in F or further when I get there at 8 am.
    "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live."
    -Marcus Aurelius

Stop complaining. Go skiing. It's fun, especially with some new snow. I'm not claiming epic or deep, but I will claim super awesome fun times.

Jeff going straight.

Yeah, lines were super long on Wednesday...

But that's because the bowl and tram looked like this:

Jerome made some turns.

And I jumped off some things.

I've been having a lot of fun lately. You should probably get out and ski while the lifts are still spinning and have some fun, too.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Well it's clear that both these places suck ass and everyone should just plan their trip to Colorado. Bridger bowl. I mean where else can you and 4 of your closest freinds along with half a frat house from MSU shred a huge gnarly OB piste like Saddle and live to tell about it?

Big Sky. Seth Morrison straightline yourself into a stalagmite rock feild starfish and rip your new Oakley one peice to shreds.

As if this isn't lame enough.....The women in BS are like the Big. Wait your turn and chances are one of your bros will be in front of you and a few more cummin in behind ya. As for Bridger, ass sniffing your way up to the 3 turn wonder known as the ridge ain't the only ass sniffin the boys up there are doing with each other. God I miss Steamboat.

^yeah man and I miss Keystone.
    ODHwhatever, quality BS stoke, liftlines aside.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Hey John......

You sure you know you're a moron?
    +1 WTF is your problem, john c?? Geez you're an angry little cuss... Try to get laid for the first time in your angry little life, or go smoke some pot or something, but quit your fuckin bitchin for chrissakes...

Do you ski? Gotta know...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Hey axeldork,

Sarcasm is the rhetorical device of using a characterization of something or someone in order to express contempt.[1] It is closely connected with irony, in that the two are often combined in the same statement.

Hostile, critical comments may be expressed in an ironic way such as saying "don't work too hard" to a lazy worker. The use of irony introduces an element of humour which may make the criticism seem more polite and less aggressive, but understanding the subtlety of this usage requires second-order interpretation of the speaker's intentions. This sophisticated understanding is lacking in some people with brain damage, dementia and autism,[3]

Brain damage, dementia or autism?

And derider, Everyone knows Steamboat is way sicker than Keystone! Jeez where ya been?

Nice photos of what could have been the best day in an otherwise unremarkable winter.

The photo of the line at the triple really says it all. What kind of a line would that be in CO. or UT?

100 people in line maybe and we are saying how huge it was.

Its been another winter. We will get through the ski season with 210-240" snowfall from Oct. 1 until 4/12. That being said I can remember way rockier years at the Really Big as well as years with less good skiing.

Funny shit John C.

Cmon down to MLB before the end of the season. We aren't BS or BB.

We are the other White Meat.

How would that be as a marketing slogan?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bunion,
    Thanks for getting my humor.

I would go to moonlight but now that it is good it is just not that exciting. I prefer it in mid December after or even better during a long cold snap where the wind blows 30 to 60 mph out of the north. I find the bootpack to be downright fun and great training for Everest. I actually don't take my skis. My crampons and ice axes are the proper equipment. After getting frostbite I proceed to the apron where me and axeldork take out our saucers and shred our way throught the windfuck and straight into the stalagmite feild. After getting some good footage of our shred for next year's TGR flick we then head to the lodge where a just graduated college chick tries to sell us some real estate and take turns riding the stuffed mountain goat. Do the tram folk know the meaning of north facing terrain?

Hey axeldork,

Sarcasm is the rhetorical device of using a characterization of something or someone in order to express contempt.[1] It is closely connected with irony, in that the two are often combined in the same statement.

Hostile, critical comments may be expressed in an ironic way such as saying "don't work too hard" to a lazy worker. The use of irony introduces an element of humour which may make the criticism seem more polite and less aggressive, but understanding the subtlety of this usage requires second-order interpretation of the speaker's intentions. This sophisticated understanding is lacking in some people with brain damage, dementia and autism,[3]
    Sarcasm meter broken? Fuck.

Guess I'm just entirely too used to you slagging on the local areas and the local locals.

Bunion,
    Thanks for getting my humor.

I would go to moonlight but now that it is good it is just not that exciting. I prefer it in mid December after or even better during a long cold snap where the wind blows 30 to 60 mph out of the north. I find the bootpack to be downright fun and great training for Everest. I actually don't take my skis. My crampons and ice axes are the proper equipment. After getting frostbite I proceed to the apron where me and axeldork take out our saucers and shred our way throught the windfuck and straight into the stalagmite feild. After getting some good footage of our shred for next year's TGR flick we then head to the lodge where a just graduated college chick tries to sell us some real estate and take turns riding the stuffed mountain goat. Do the tram folk know the meaning of north facing terrain?
    You missed one thing -- I usually only use refrigerator box cardboard at MLB. I don't like core-shots in my saucer.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Hilarious! LMFAO. Keep it up fellas.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

If there is a location anywhere in ski town USA that has more attitude than the the tram line at Big Sky I would love to know where it is?
    You've obviously never been to Alta or Snowbird have you? You haven't even seen attitude yet (without looking in the mirror). In my years in MT I got into two minor disagreements on the ridge, and never had a single problem of any sort with anyone around big sky or moonlight. Moonlight is one of the most laid back places I've ever been in terms of attitude.

Also, its pretty clear you have more attitude than anyone else looking at this thread, and its a pretty obvious and unfunny attempt at trolling up a dumb little argument. Or maybe you're just an asshole.

I'm just bumping the stoke.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

before moving to CO we were Big Sky regulars. Love the place. Hi-fucking-larious to see people complain about lift lines. That is some funny stuff. I miss that about MT. That being said, that is a long line for the triple.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

What kinda pisses me off, but preserves the skiing I guess, is that half the people in the tram line ride the damn tram back down.
    Go ride MLB. I got spoiled. 10 people ahead of me and I was like wtf?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Just got the phone taunt," 12"-36"! Really great." I did not pick up. I feel sad. boo who

C.-short for cunt. That helped.

Are those the rocks off of Challenger/outer limits facing Iron horse?
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

Big Sky stoke gives me a nostalgia hardon.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    ...never had a single problem of any sort with anyone around big sky...
    I seem to remember a certain argument with a parent on when it's appropriate to say "fuck" loudly in the tram line? Hilarity ensued...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post

Are those the rocks off of Challenger/outer limits facing Iron horse?
    Yes it is.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    Yes it is.
    Haha, I fractured my tailbone there (a little further over out of the picture). Check your landings!
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

Big Sky this past weekend

Bowl Sat. Morning

Challenger soon after opening

Tele-ers in one of the Dictators

Good weekend.

Rolled up yesterday around the crack of noon, got to the tram line only to see it was close to an hour long and that the last scraps in the A to Zs were being shredded DOH!!!! So pissed in that moment, but apparently none of you guys like to ski the gullies all the way down. I had three really nice runs there, couldn't believe only one track down the third and practically none all the way down first.

Really wanted the Fourth gully, begged ski patrol but they wouldn't let me ski it. It looked like the best line left on the mountain. I was pointing it out on my camera and they were like "no we only do tours and we can't take you now". Gay. Then one of them hit that line. Looked pretty fun if your into that kind of thing.

Patrols track down 4th gully area.

Not super filled in over there on that wall, but that was a nice line.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

nice gully shots. yesterday was my best day of the season. rarely will i wait in the tram line when it is that long, but MAN was it worth it yesterday. first tracks down dictator 2b to wave wall- DEEP. then went back up for my first ever (yeah i'm a gaper, what can you do?) big couloir- which was soft and wide and FUN. can't believe i never did it before. then went back up for my first north summit snowfield, which was just ridiculous. such a great day.

Any word on conditions today? Heard headwaters was on wind hold. I'll be up the next three days, moonlight pass+ BS freek week freebies. I'll be flying solo tomorrow so if anyone wants to meet up and ski the snowfield/gum wall/big let me know.