Big Sky was DEEP today!

It felt like the 1-3 inch forecast could have used an extra 0 at the end
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

Sucks to be me.

pics.....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

It didnt happen no pics to prove it.

Useless without proof.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Nah, didn't happen.

...my sister rides there everyday and she would have called me up to gloat about the fresh pow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigskyresort/4461877169/in/set-72157602099831966/"]Mary B. showcases the powder on Marx from our most recent storm- photo by Lonnie Ball on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Off the website... It was waist deep everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    you have 13 inch legs

pffff. photoshop is a fun program.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Thumbs down

"off the website"

what the.....

the no-inch wonder.
    too bad that hill needs like a 500" inch base to cover up all the fucking stalagmites.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

only got out for 2 hours, but got face shots galore on challenger and triple. as far as the stalagmites go, definitely dinged a hidden treasure near exit chute and spent at least 20 minutes looking for my ski

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    It doesn't look like it was waist deep in that spot, haha. I guess my boot top is equivalent to most people's waists around here.

It was waist deep in certain spots, but certainly not everywhere. What's important though, is that we're skiing inbounds with soft snow under our feet again! Headwaters is killing right now. Let's hope these storms keep lining up. See ya out there.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Derider View Post
    the no-inch wonder.
    too bad that hill needs like a 500" inch base to cover up all the fucking stalagmites.
    Rocks make it techy and fun. If everything got covered gapers like you would be skiing everything. Rocks keep the pussies out of the goods. Go fast and stay light bitch. Better yet take a bath in putuli and go to Bridger.

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    It was waist deep in certain spots, but certainly not everywhere. What's important though, is that we're skiing inbounds with soft snow under our feet again! Headwaters is killing right now. Let's hope these storms keep lining up. See ya out there.
    Damn...the year I wait until March to come out, and I come out two weeks early, and ski rocks AGAIN.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Scree Shredder View Post
    Rocks make it techy and fun. If everything got covered gapers like you would be skiing everything. Rocks keep the pussies out of the goods. Go fast and stay light bitch. Better yet take a bath in putuli and go to Bridger.

Well said Screeshredder, people who complain about the rocks on Lone Mountain don't get it. That's fine, those of us willing to put up with the occasional core shot do get it.

The last couple of days have been pretty good, this week looks to be very good. Its been a lackluster winter in terms of snow fall totals but the skiing has been decent. This next 14 days might erase a lot of that lack of luster.

Ullr, bring it!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Waist Deep?
    This is my first post. I found the waist deep comment to be so fucked up that I had to register. It snowed 7". No wind loading. There was 10" in some places but waist deep? That picture is of Mary Ball, wife of the photographer. She is in her mid 60's, at least. A fine skier. But the photo was misleading ( as any ski photo should be ). Except for a few turns here and there off the summit, you were skiing 7" of heavy snow on top of old hard pack. Very little floating.
    If you lie or exaggerate the conditions you will have every wanna-be maggot from Jackson up here next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Blurr View Post
    Waist Deep?
    This is my first post. I found the waist deep comment to be so fucked up that I had to register. It snowed 7". No wind loading. There was 10" in some places but waist deep? That picture is of Mary Ball, wife of the photographer. She is in her mid 60's, at least. A fine skier. But the photo was misleading ( as any ski photo should be ). Except for a few turns here and there off the summit, you were skiing 7" of heavy snow on top of old hard pack. Very little floating.
    If you lie or exaggerate the conditions you will have every wanna-be maggot from Jackson up here next week.
    Or maybe I was just skiing in the right spots and you have no idea what you are talking about? I don't understand why random people have to be so hostile. I took a lap down the chute next to Exit (waist-deep). Then I took the tram up to Lenin (where it just happened to be waist-deep). I skied that into shedhorn (where it was waist-deep). I then went over to Challenger (where it was waist-deep). I took the side of Buffalo Jump down to the base (and it was waist-deep). Then I rode up Ramcharger and lapped Marlboro Country (where it was waist-deep). So, STFU jong?

You do know that its how deep it is when you come to a stop, not when its splashing all around you right?

The above picture is not "waist deep".

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post

Well said Screeshredder, people who complain about the rocks on Lone Mountain don't get it. That's fine, those of us willing to put up with the occasional core shot do get it.
    I get it...but I don't have to like it...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Waist deep means different things to different people. Is it waist deep if its lapping up around your waist when moving? Probably not.

If you are standing still and its around your belt, that is waist deep.

Was the last 3 days really good skiing? Damn right!

Are we so starved for good skiing right now that a 7" day is epic? Maybe.

Friday was pretty damn good.

Softy, if anything, both BS and MLB under-report snow fall.

As for the smelly neighbors to the North, I think BB is one of the finest ski areas in the northern Rockies. People should ski there a lot.

Oh shit! They already do.

Seriously, unless you put some time and effort into learning the wind patterns on Lone Mountain, you can screw yourself trying to find the goods.

But what do I know?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Damn guys, I was just trying to say that it was a good day of skiing... No need for all this douchebaggery and over-analyzing. BTW, my definition of waist-deep skiing is when I am skiing... since that's what's important

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Booter View Post
    it seems the conditions at Big Sky get exxagerated often. Im sure the riding was good, but BS and the people that ride there seem to up things a bit. The patchouli sniffing neighbors to the north are more realistic about conditions. just saying......
    it seems the conditions at Bridger get exxagerated often. Im sure the riding was good, but Bridger and the trustafarians that ride there seem to up things a bit. The patchouli hating neighbors to the south are more realistic about conditions. just saying...

Bridger is cool if you like waiting in line to hike to skiied up runs or riding in lift served avy terrain with a bunch of gapers dropping in on top of you. Then listening to every cliche longboarding, town cruiser riding, bike messenger bag carrying, chaco wearing, blue grass listening, co-op shopping trustafarian that washes out their jump turns shit talk about how blower it was on Saddle today and how rad they are. Ya I find those types to be very realistic and grounded. Sorry for the rant just sick of all the cookie cutter, follower, posers in the Bozone insisting Bridger is sooo much better then buying frequency cards and clogging up the tram line for the last week of the season. Don't you have a hat crochet or something? Ya I'm bitter can't you tell.