Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Squirrel. My grandfather took me squirrel hunting at a very early age, and we used to go pretty much every weekend in the fall. I didn't realize most people thought it was weird to eat squirrel for many years. Fuck em though, it's good!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

I think YetiMan Wins.

I looked into those grubs and found http://bugsfordinner.blogspot.com/ and [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomophagy[/ame]

The look of utter disgust and horror on my girlfriends face when I showed her some of the pictures and suggested we go for a walk and maybe flip some rocks in search of food was priceless. she can't even enter a room if there's a bug in it.

Unintentional ingestion

In practice, it is not possible to eliminate pest insects from the human food chain, insects are present in many foods, especially grains. Food laws in many countries do not prohibit insect parts in food, but rather, they limit the quantity. People in rice-eating regions, for example, typically ingest significant numbers of rice weevil (Sitophilus oryzae) larvae, and this has been suggested as an important source of vitamins.
    Looks like we'll be having rice for dinner
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Tripe; Christmas Morning = capozelli (goat's head[soup]), chicken gizzards, hearts and liver, waffles.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutStoli View Post
    no spouse/partner, but not a lot of girls i know like caviar. i grew up in the soviet union and we used to have black caviar for breakfast sometimes. white bread, butter, black caviar...so fucking good!
    salmon poached in tomato sauce and pickles also gets some strange reactions, but i like it.
    pickled herring
    Bingo, I get a bunch of that when I visit the in laws. Easter is nothing but pickled herring and an assortment of other fish.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Someone shoulda taught Menudo the rolled up sock trick.

Fried Egg, Ketchup and Pickle relish Sandwiches. Mmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Squirrel. My grandfather took me squirrel hunting at a very early age, and we used to go pretty much every weekend in the fall. I didn't realize most people thought it was weird to eat squirrel for many years. Fuck em though, it's good!
    a squirrel is really just a rat with a good publicist ,what does squirrel taste like ?

the GF likes Vegimite & Marmite and now she has me eating it ...I always joke that I can use it to grease the headsets on our bikes

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Speaking of Jewish favorites... I ate (and still eat) Scrapple.

Wife freaks out every time.

(Just don't read the ingredients!)
    Since when is scrapple Jewish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Sometimes I think you guys are some of the smartest people on the web, other times I wonder if you were shaken as babies.

Hugh Conway Guest
    pussy

Hard Boiled Eggs w/Ketchup

Vanilla Ice cream with Skippy PB swirled in

Nutella & Butter sandwich (big in Germany)

Steak Tartare made w/a raw egg.

I still eat:

Peanut Butter and Mayonnaise on Toast. Yum.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    a squirrel is really just a rat with a good publicist ,what does squirrel taste like ?
    Honestly I havent had it in probably close to 10 years, but from what I remember (cliche obviously) it was something like chicken. My gramps would just pan fry the legs and put salt on them and serve. Kinda like redneck chicken wings.

My dad made a squirrel veggie soup one time. That was really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Once, I went to an "artsy" party in NYC, where they were serving hot dogs toped with peanut butter and jelly, and hamburgers topped with cotton candy and carmel sauce. I think that Andy Warhol was there.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Mickey Mouse.
    Helloooooooooo Kitty!

Vernors and milk
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

There's a Norwegian dish called Grut that is basically rice cooked in milk for a long time. You top it with melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Practically a weekend tradition in my family. It looks fucking terrible but it's pretty tasty.
    Training for Alpental

My boyfriend won't eat eggs. He'll have french toast, but if there's a whole egg somewhere in his breakfast he looks at it like it's an unborn fetus (who are we kidding, it is) and holds down the chunks. I guess I could understand better if he's at least eaten an egg before. In the end he's a wuss.

I like all Jewish food. Chopped liver, pickled herring, matzo ball soup, gafelte fish, kugle. Mmmmmmmmmm I'm hungry.
    Take it easy ... if it's easy take it twice.

Chopped Liver.

Grits
    Any fast food (just introduced her to sonic though, she likes it)

Cold Spaghetti O's right out of the can and fried Spam & cheese sandwiches.

Oh yeah, I still eat those too.

I still like to eat Chef Boyardee ravioli every so often. And I prefer it cold.

I used to eat fried bologna and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Mrs CA is horrified by the idea of a thick slice of bologna pan-fried with soy sauce.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Switters View Post
    Tuna fish...not weird per se, but my wife hates that stuff and I love it.
    Same in our house. I actually love tuna - like when it's sushi, or a seared filet... but the crap that comes out of a can? Ugh. The smell totally makes me sick. And apparently a can of tuna mixed in mac and cheese is one of his childhood favorites that makes me gag.

But things that I like and he hates are mostly vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, etc. He's also grossed out by the idea of eating cookie dough, which is a totally normal childhood (or adult for that matter) thing in my book.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Tuna from a can is good.

Cookie Dough has raw eggs and sometimes salmonella. Salmonella is bad.

Dan is smart. (hey he married you, right?)

Pizza rolls dipped in sour cream...does anyone else do this (except you Mcposer) because I did this today and my boyfriend was really grossed out for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    ... but if there's a whole egg somewhere in his breakfast he looks at it like it's an unborn fetus (who are we kidding, it is) and holds down the chunks.
    So I suppose it would surprise you to know that most hens have never even met a rooster?

my lady will drink milk a week after the date on the box, I can't deal with that