Thread: Cowherd

Cowherd

Has anyone watched his show? I was just flipping through channels and stopped on this for a minute, and the people hollering in the background almost made me kill someone. Actually the most annoying thing I have ever heard
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

He's been on espn for years, your reaction is late
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I know that, and I like his radio show... I just found the show unbearable
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

Cowherd=Skip Bayless replacement

I will watch for Beadle

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Cowherd=Skip Bayless replacement
    with the exception of the douchebag Stephen A. Smith, no one is as annoying as Bayless.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    I know that, and I like his radio show... I just found the show unbearable
    He's pretty annoying on the radio too after a while, 4 hours is way too much for one guy every day, he invents controversy all the time just to have something to talk about. Besides, dan Patrick is on Fox Sports Radio for 3 of those hours and his show is actually good.

Everything Cowherd does is annoying. I'm not sure who's worse, Bayless or Cowherd- or maybe those two black twins who always argue with Bayless. Either way, ESPN sure has some annoying assholes on their shows these days.

You all must be leaving out Stuart Scott because he doesn't have a radio show.

I turn the channel every time he's on.

I try to make an effort to not watch anything Stuart Scott could potentially be on. You know, NBA shows, Sportscenter, etc. He doesn't make appearances on ESPN News, so that entire channel is usually safe.

These days, the only things I watch on ESPN are Baseball Tonight and actual sporting events... and if those sporting events have Joe Morgan commentating, I won't watch those either.

probably shocking...but I really like the Herd...seems very honest to me.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

dan patrick ftw.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Ever since Patrick lost Rob Dibble, I stopped listening to his show as much. I have listened to Cowherd since his start w/ ESPN, and I agree w/ montanaskier, seems honest. Sometimes I turn it off if he is rambling about something I don't care about (Favre, Tiger lately), but I like the football stuff.

Can't get DP show live in Denver radio, and I haven't ever watched the TV show, although Beadle is hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

DP's show is on XM, Direct TV and wherever it gets picked up by the local stations, I listen a lot. I heard the whole Dibble thing was Dibbles' fault but I don't relly know. No question Dibble is funny too and the show was better with both of them.

Cowherd is okay, I do think he tries to be honest but he has so much time to fill that he can't help exaggerating things just to fill air time.

The Van Peezy/Rusillo show, err, the SVP show, is often very funny, it would be fun to hang with those guys.

Whatever happened to Rome? Is he still on the radio saying the same thing five times in a row somewhere?

The Big Show, afternoons on WEEI 850 AM in Boston is imo still the best sports radio show I've heard anywhere, those are some funny bastards, the list of cohosts/guests is pretty incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Whatever happened to Rome? Is he still on the radio saying the same thing five times in a row somewhere?
    Unfortunately yes he is at least in Denver. It's saying something when I find it juvenile and annoying.

It's not news that Skip Bayless is the buggest TV sports pundit douche personality in the entire history of TV sports punditry. Stuart Scott and Stephen A Smith even think so.

Was all about Cowherd for a a few years... mostly because he's a college football guy.
    Currently in a Rome phase. Dude's radio show just makes me laugh. So funny when it's at its best. JRIB is terrible though.
    I bet as I get older, I'll like the more vanilla dudes like DP, SVP, and Tirico aka Captain Obvious. Haven't really given their radio shows a proper chance.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Van Peezy would be dope to drink with I think...that dude seems like a really good regular dude.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Derider View Post
    Currently in a Rome phase. Dude's radio show just makes me laugh. So funny when it's at its best. JRIB is terrible though.
    I bet as I get older, I'll like the more vanilla dudes like DP, SVP, and Tirico aka Captain Obvious. Haven't really given their radio shows a proper chance.
    Tirico is pretty horrible. Van Peezy, like montanadude said^^^ just seems like a good dude. He like sports and music, a lot. His partned Ryen Russillo is known to be a bit of a smartass, but he seems okay to hang with, the two of them obviously enjoy doing the show.

They had Steve Szaban (sp?) on Fox radio, he's local here in D.C., I don't mind his show but he just went away from Fox one day about two months ago and they gave Steven A. his slot. Definite downgrade.

Patrick is older but I still like his show, they have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Baseball Tonight
    Why even watch that? The MLB Network shows are much better.

The Big Show is good radio but off its peak from 2000-2003 when they had the four-man format with Felger, Holley, and generally more non-ex-athletes. Smerlas and DeOssie don't get it done; just not funny or thoughtful enough for me to take more than an hour. Still the best call-in sports radio show I've ever heard.

Cowherd's podcast is good every once and while. The BS report is the way to go though.

Did anyone hear Cowherd talking about skiing a few weeks ago during the Olympics?

"There are only four states in this country with real, big boy skiing--California, Utah, Colorado, and Vermont."

Just so you know.

I heard the skiing thing, but he was talking about big boy skiing, as a statewide industry. Jackson and Taos are obviously great skiing, but don't affect the level of those states' economies like they do in the 4 he mentioned. He was talking about which parts of the country watch the Olympics and who cares about watching from a ratings standpoint, and was pretty right on.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Why even watch that? The MLB Network shows are much better.
    I agree 100%... but unfortunately, the MLB network doesn't run that all day long- so occasionally I watch ESPN for baseball coverage.

It doesn't get much better than getting baseball analysis from Barry Larkin, Harold Reynolds, and Al Leiter- with commentary from Petey Gammons.

I enjoy the Herd, I used to be in my truck all day and would love the Herd-> DPshow back in the day... same as I really liked Kornheisers radio show.....

Now I don't get as much of it, but it seems the SVP show is OK, about 90% of what the DP show was.. which is probably saying a lot.

I enjoy Doug Gottlieb's show too, when he's actually on it. Mike and Mike is sometimes good, sometimes too dumbed down.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

sportsnation is damn funny, beadle's doin the akron hammer when he's in town while cowherd sets up the skits. i'd do her too.