Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jackson Hostel X question

I'm headed to Jackson tomorrow and staying at the Hostel X in a bunk room. I feel like Ullr needs a sacrifice or two.

Anyway, it looks like I'll need to do a little bit of work while I'm there that would involve bringing a laptop. My question... If I bring something like that, is it likely to get stolen? Do they have lockers or something I can secure it in?

Thanks for the help.

Pm nvr2deep. He's stayed there for several weeks a winter the last few years, with laptop. Don't think he's had any issues, but he's gotten to know pretty much the whole staff over the years.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I always stay in a private bunk room with a buddy so there's no problem with people I don't know in our room. The staff is first rate and you wont have any problems from them. There are not any lockers. I know some people who have stayed in a reg bunk room with people they didn't know and and none of them have had any problems. Do you know what room your reserved in? The internet works great in the common areas and on floors 1&2 but can be a bit patchy on 3 and especially 4

I stayed at Hostel X for a weekend from 2/19-2/21, but not in a bunk room. As far as I know, there are no lockers, but I could easily be wrong. The rooms all have locks and in the room I stayed in there was a fold down cubbie/seat that you could stash things underneath somewhat securely. I brought my DSLR with me and left it in the room most evenings when I went out and nothing got stolen. That said, the cleaning staff did forget to lock my door one day and I had to do a pretty thorough inventory when I got back to the room. Again - nothing stolen though. Lock your door and you should be fine.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

Sweet. Thanks guys!

Anyone want to run a few laps with a snowboarder while I'm there?

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Sweet. Thanks guys!

Anyone want to run a few laps with a snowboarder while I'm there?
    Talk to your house keeps They get out on the mountain in early afternoons and can show you a good time.

representing the housekeepers. Woo!
    'cast the future past'

Woooooo! The Condor is on board

Careful skiing with that housekeeper known as "The Condor"...he will wear you out pretty fast!

Quote Originally Posted by bostonski View Post
    Careful skiing with that housekeeper known as "The Condor"...he will wear you out pretty fast!
    He's from the east coast. No way he can ski.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

^^^ Pfft. All the best skiers start out east. If you can ski anything out east, then you can def. ski anything in the west...
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

This thread actually reminds me of something hilarious that happened a couple years ago.

It was the first time I had ever skied Jackson and my friends dad was showing the both of us around the mountain for 3 days. We were staying at the hostel x and on the 2nd day I foolishly left my wallet with all the money I had left for gas/food/tickets in the room. I got back after skiing and couldn't find it. I was really mad at myself but didn't want to let it ruin the trip so my friends helped me out w/ paying for dinner that night.

Well that night I got into bed and my wallet was tucked under my pillow.

I laughed my ass off. I never said anything to any of the employees but if it's one of you guys, you got me good.

Anyways, if the same guys are there, you're probably safe to leave stuff in your room, maybe.

Excellent. I'm quite stoked about this trip. < 10 hours til my flight.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    ^^^ Pfft. All the best skiers start out east. If you can ski anything out east, then you can def. ski anything in the west...
    Joke... "The Condor" and I went to high school together...On the east coast!
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

representing "The Condor" Woo!
    'cast the future past'

I'm pretty sure "The Condor" had the first decent of the "Shooting Star Mound" today...not to shabby...possibly going to be featured in TGR's "Deeper".

Dam I miss this....
    http://zpski.blogspot.com/

Edit less. Hobo more.

the hostel housekeeping staff are some rugged ass looking mountain men for all ive noticed

Quote Originally Posted by pales View Post
    Dam I miss this....
    Missing it also!

Checked in and have a 6er of PBR in hand. Life is good.

Condor, can I get you a beer at some point? I met Mike and another guy at the front desk and ended up grilling hotdogs with them this afternoon. I love this place already.

what a cool looking place! one thing I couldn't quite figure out....
    are those rates per room or per person?

Oh, and where is the crashable hot tub people speak of?

pm sent on tub

Great place to stay been there several times enjoy!

[QUOTE=_Aaron_;2805574]Condor = 303[/QUOTE

..false.
    'cast the future past'