Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    A good, well behaved dog that loves you is one of the best things in life. A poorly trained and disobedient dog is one of the worst and most annoying things in life. Which it will be depends entirely on the owner.

That said, if you don't like dogs as a rule, lets never hang out.

Page top bitches!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    im with you on that... i hate small dogs. i mean a small dog obviously has a much smaller brain than a large dog. why would you want to get a dog that is doomed to be stupid?
    Large dog looking for small dumb dogs....

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I'd rather spend time with dogs than with people.

How about some new photos of your dog fish?
    just put some new ones in the doggie stoke thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gordyman View Post
    Dogs are amazing and awesome animals. Unfortunately many of their "owners" are fucking idiots

DITTO

I was badly attached by a dog as a child. The Fuckin owner was a douche. I don't care much for dogs now but i do like them more then most people.
    "Hold my beer...Watch this!"

I got bit by a dog last summer mountain biking. Big assed Rhodesian Ridgeback. As I came into view of the cunt-owner and the beast she was shrieking for me to stop. I was wearing an Ipod but could hear her easily. So I stopped.
    Motherfucking dog bit the shit out of my leg anyway.
    Then cunt-owner came up to me, no apology and started yelling at me for listening to an Ipod while riding and not following her instructions. She didn't have a leash, and couldn't understand why I was telling her to discipline her goddamn dog and get him under control, which she didn't do because she was too busy blaming me for getting bit by her dog. It ended with me telling her to "fuck off" and "you're a crazy fucking bitch". i had lots of adreneline pumping. She said she'd leave her number on my truck (like 3 cars in the parking lot) but she didn't. I've talked to others and found out the same dog bit another biker earlier in the summer. Her name is "Rosie" and she is rich-bitch that lives in Santa Fe. Now, I'm scared of every dog I see on the trail.

Long story short: Most dogs are fine, it's the dumb-fuck owners that can't understand why everyone else doesn't love their sweet snookum-wookum perfect little puppy wuppies. If I see that dog again (good chance) I will not hesitate to kick the fucking thing in the throat, and get the cunt's name and number and report her. Still have the scar, fucking bitch.

ride with some of that NYPD size pepper spray or better yet strap a can of bear spray on your bike. if the fucker bites you, spray away with no mercy. I love dogs, but would never tolerate an attack while on bike. I ride with no less than 2 cans of spray on my bike and am set to use them on *anything* that tries to fuck with me.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by trainnvain View Post
    On second thought, a cat will suffice (much smarter than a dog).
    Ummmm. no. http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,1159138.story

I'm a Labrador guy but there are some Jack Russells and Bostons that have won my heart. Those are little dogs that think they're as big as Buzz' Dane(s.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Ummmm. no. http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,1159138.story

I'm a Labrador guy but there are some Jack Russells and Bostons that have won my heart. Those are little dogs that think they're as big as Buzz' Dane(s.)
    Well, MY cat is definitely smarter than MY two dogs. Isolated circumstance I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    dont get me wrong....im a dog person more than cat...
    but that study seems flawed, as my dogs are way more motivated by food than my cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I wondered where that clip was from and watched it and a bunch of other clips from "Snatch", looks like a great movie, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wondered where that clip was from and watched it and a bunch of other clips from "Snatch", looks like a great movie, is it?
    Watch it. That's a movie for you.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Funny as shit. Guy Ritchie at his finest. One of Brad Pitt's best roles.

I love dogs and will probably have one around for the rest of my life. That said, if I had been in Tech Tonic's situation I wouldn't have hesitated to kick the shit out of that dog and if the lady got close enough I probably would've kicked her too. That's just fucking ridiculous, you should not have to do anything (stop riding, slow down, whatever) to avoid being bitten by someone's dog. It's their responsibility to control it, and if they can't they should suffer the consequences.

As for big vs. small dogs, I like mine on the larger side of medium. There are some small dogs I've seen that are pretty cool though. If I had to get a small dog I'd probably get either a Jack Russel or a Pug.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I killed a German Shepherd that attacked me when I was a teenager - it lunged for my throat, I got my arm up. Drove my forearm past the teeth, then broke its neck by holding the body and torqueing the arm. I honestly was just trying to get my arm out.

Cried all the way to the owner's house - arranged a "funeral." Owner tried to sue, my parents countersued for medical expenses on my arm - we won, they lost. Upshot was and that person was nearly banned from dog ownership since they simply opened the front door to let the dog go out & take a shit.

damn nice story tipp, you musta been a real baddass kid or that was some weakass old arthritic shepard, or was it a pup p-layin with the badass tipp.

No, it was a weird accident where as she shook her head it somehow kept going and something went snap, just like in the movies. I was 6'3 and a competitive swimmer at the time, but certainly no strongman.

sorry bro

bet other dogs can sense your super power though

Quote Originally Posted by hafilax View Post
    Having children, raising animals for food and owning pets extend your personal shit distribution responsibility matrix. What's your point?
    I've got two points, pal. #1 We all got to shit. #2 If you ever again say something so gay as "shit distribution responsibility matix" I will personally poison your daffodil bed.

the shit distribution matrix was funny, back off slick

Quote Originally Posted by timnormandin View Post
    With all due respect, sir, it just fucking kills me when humans complain about other animals shitting. There's fucking 7 billion of us and counting. And we're all shitting like bastards. Our shit washes over this planet like Satan's oatmeal bath. We're a pestilence.
    Quote Originally Posted by timnormandin View Post
    I've got two points, pal. #1 We all got to shit. #2 If you ever again say something so gay as "shit distribution responsibility matix" I will personally poison your daffodil bed.

since you're so worried about the human impact why don't you just compost yourself and fertilize hafilax's daffodils instead?

My two 50 lb. Lab mutts are seriously the best dogs ever, hence it shouldn't bother you when I bring them into every place I go, including grocery stores, doctor's offices, restaurants, airplanes, movie theaters, etc., right?

I love dogs, but the disrespectful ass clowns that insist on having their little toy dogs under their arm, or hidden in their bag, at all times, really suck. Sorry fellow dog fans, but I realized this after I watched a guy have an almost deadly allergy attack in a taxi van on the way home from DIA because some lady raised a stink about her "comfort" disability dog being able to ride in the shuttle. It's odd to me that most modern dogs have the easiest jobs in the world and probably live and eat better then most of our great grandparents, it's a DOG.
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

I'm severely allergic to dogs. Asthma is a wicked bitch. I can't own a dog. I can't pet a dog. I can't spend much time in a home where a dog lives. And cars are about the worst place I can be for my own health.

But... I realize this is my problem. If someone with a guide dog wants to ride in the same vehicle with me I have two choices. Try to tough it out or take another vehicle.

I dig dogs. I wish I wasn't cursed with this asthma. Danno's dog is a sweetheart and I wish I could horse around with him but it would put me in the hospital. Danno knows this and he is able to ensure that his dog doesn't create any more problems for me than I am willing to assume. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

I don't hate any animals but some people can really get on my tits.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--