Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Vaporizers

My newest bestest thing is my DBV. Launch Box anyone?

doughboyshredder Guest
    dabuddha..............

friend came over last night with a vapman portable. Freaking rad. Super well crafted, designed for use in cold weather. Pricey, but they are handcrafted by a stoner in a room in his house. Cool.

http://www.vapman.com/index1.html

dood DBS cut your fingernails
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

doughboyshredder Guest
    that tiny little hand aint mine.

bumping this thread...just bought an iolite for its ease of use and portability, plus the guys in multiple headshops all recommended it. haven't had any problems with it, just a bit of a learning curve to get the biggest hits out of it. very pleased, and now whenever i smoke i am disgusted.

after buying it i realized it would be awesome for taking up to the mtn, would be perfect on a chairlift as you can just turn it on in your pocket and not deal with a lighter in the wind or any smell. but the FC forum says that butane and the piezo are not suitable at high altitudes, so that's a serious bummer.

anyone tried this above 7500 ft? would it just be a matter of getting it lit once to get going and warm up, or would it have trouble every time when it cycles?

1/4 ounce to a box of generic safway brownie mix ,cut a 9" pan into 1" squares will give you 81 hits to store in the freezer

no wet papers ,no dropping the lighter from the chair (which won't stay lit anyhow ) and you can eat one infront of that really straight looking family in the lunch room

eat one as soon as I get in the car ,head for the hill , after I got my boots on and shit sorted out ...it hits in the middle of a turn

This is absolutely not the best $60 I have ever spent.

Yeah Dan - I threw mine away too.

How does that thing qualify as a vap?

It's a Vaporgenie. The bowl part unscrews, product goes into a little screened bowl in the metal part, then the bowl, which is really just one big Ceramic filter that lets the heat pass but not the flame gets screwed back on. It kinda works but still sux. Here's the product page: http://www.vaporgenie.com/

Agree with Doughboy and DoWork on the Dabuddha vape, best whip rig I've used. Great construction, super effective and even comes with a plush hemp carrying case for under $200.

i like the brownie idea for on the hill. but nobody tried the iolite? wondering whether its worth it to bring on a plane.

also, anybody traveled on planes with brownies? is this dangerous? i know they smell a little if they inspect up close, but is anyone going to think twice if you have a pack stashed with more than a few brownies?

I havent traveled with brownies but count on an hr before they kick in ... adjust your dosage according ly

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I havent traveled with brownies but count on an hr before they kick in ... adjust your dosage according ly
    right but i'm talking about transporting it, not being ripped while on a plane. how many individually wrapped brownies you think you could carry before getting nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    bumping this thread...just bought an iolite for its ease of use and portability, plus the guys in multiple headshops all recommended it. haven't had any problems with it, just a bit of a learning curve to get the biggest hits out of it. very pleased, and now whenever i smoke i am disgusted.

after buying it i realized it would be awesome for taking up to the mtn, would be perfect on a chairlift as you can just turn it on in your pocket and not deal with a lighter in the wind or any smell. but the FC forum says that butane and the piezo are not suitable at high altitudes, so that's a serious bummer.

anyone tried this above 7500 ft? would it just be a matter of getting it lit once to get going and warm up, or would it have trouble every time when it cycles?
    no good at elevation,in tram line all day but not up high.speaking of high i have a cookie to eat

right but i'm talking about transporting it, not being ripped while on a plane. how many individually wrapped brownies you think you could carry before getting nervous?
    i think you would be fine. just put them in a tupperware, thats what i have done.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Any pot is illegal and could be a detriment to my liberty SO if there is any question I just don't bother cuz i can go without ...I didnt use for a month at the olympics and I havent done any in the last 2 weeks

Smoking is just hard on the lungs which is why I avoid it ,my quadrapalegic bud told me he couldnt hack it and I took it as a cue to quit smoking

Day after day Brownies can get pretty heavy which is no probelm if you are in a routine of lapping the hill & getting/staying wasted but I have found I am actualy doing less brownie in an effort to be able to do real life things like carry on a relatiionship ... talk

spook Guest
    i used a pint or more of remnants from my vapor brothers, soaked in everclear 2 days, strained, evaporated, mixed into butter, cooked into homemade brownies with 3 times the chocolate called for, and they kicked ass. substantial shredded coconut plus walnuts makes them even better.

i wouldn't take the brownies i make on a plane. they stink through a lot of plastic.

i love my vaporizer. the fact that i can make kick ass brownies out of the "waste product" makes me love it even more.

doughboyshredder Guest
    1/4 ounce to a box of generic safway brownie mix ,cut a 9" pan into 1" squares will give you 81 hits to store in the freezer

no wet papers ,no dropping the lighter from the chair (which won't stay lit anyhow ) and you can eat one infront of that really straight looking family in the lunch room

eat one as soon as I get in the car ,head for the hill , after I got my boots on and shit sorted out ...it hits in the middle of a turn
    I could eat that entire mix and it wouldn't give me a buzz. Seriously. You need at least an ounce to make a decent batch of brownies.

And, I really hope you're making good butter or oil and not just tossing the material in the mix.

Take your buds let them sit in water for a day or two. This will get the chlorophyll out. Then simmer the buds in oil for a couple hours. Drain and use the oil in the mix.

I just powder up a 1/4 oz in a coffee bean grinder mix well with the pack of brownie mix , thro in an egg and 3 tablespoons of oil & some water like the box sez ,I seen it get friends fucked up on them so its not just me and my buddy the quadrapalegic cuts them up into even smaller pieces tahn 1"

An oz in a 9x9 inch pan of brownies would be way more than I need ... definatley a case of YMMV

doughboyshredder Guest
    The taste will improve exponentially if you make butter or oil.
    ymmv, for sure.

they taste fine to me ,there is a mild taste of weed ,the pot does mix with the oil & egg in the brownie mix

I might add extra oil and run some coffee beans thru the grinder to clean it out and add the coffee to the mix for some coffee flavor and its a really fast recipe to make

If you need that much pot to get high you must be a serious user

they taste fine to me
    Yeah but they'll taste better with butter.
    `..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Take your buds let them sit in water for a day or two. This will get the chlorophyll out. Then simmer the buds in oil for a couple hours. Drain and use the oil in the mix.
    this is the first i have heard of this. why get rid of the chlorophyll?
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

doughboyshredder Guest
    cause it tastes like shit and doesn't have any psychoactive benefits.

The same concept as curing your buds, which causes decarboxylation. A lot of bud is sold uncured, which sucks for the consumer. Good pot should have a golden hue not a bright green hue.

Try this, next time you get a bag, take half of it to cure for a couple months. Make sure it's real good and stem snapping dry then put it in a masons jar that is the right size to hold the weed and little to no extra air. Check on it after a day or two to make sure it was dry enough before putting it in there and no mold is developed. Then let it sit in a dry dark place for two months. The color will change drastically. The flavor will be significantly stronger, as will the effect.

Letting it sit in water is basically a water cure method, which is great for cooking, but horrible for smoking, because it ruins the taste by removing some of the flavonoids.