Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vaporizers

thank you shaft... buying that "portable vape" is the biggest waste of money. if you are going to be using butane you might as well spend $20
    Talking shit about a pretty sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I personally never get high with vaps, its like drinking PBR.
    if your ever in slc you can come by and try my volcano. i promise you will get high.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

bumping this thread, as (with my tax return money!) i'm looking at getting a vape.

but, see, I'm a dad, and I can't have a big contraption sitting around my house. So, whip-vapes and volcano are pretty much out.

what is the vape-equivalent to a one hitter, that doesn't use a flame? I like to step outside, or driving down the road, and rip a few hits, then, back in the pocket. the motherfuckin dad-on-the-go.

anyone? that vapir thing looks cool.

IME vapor doesn't get stale...i have a heat-gun into a turkey sack (it's like the uber ghetto volcano)...so maybe a volcano, then just grab the sack as I'm walking out the door? get a cork for the end of the sack so i can brink it with me or something?

uhh

wtf? $540-700 for the volcano? no thanks

The Volcano is, yes, a bit pricey, but, after using one for the first time recently, I agree it's the best. I like the fact that you can have a bag of smoke just sitting there for up to a half hour to use.

If you have kids and want to hide a device like this, don't even bother buying one. They'll find it.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

since i posted i found the vapir1 5.0. you can purchase "balloons" that can fill with the vapor.

anyone with some experiene with this thing. At $150ish it seems much more reasonable, and the unit is hand-held.

the kiddos are still young enough that the don't know to go looking for stuff...yet.

and that being said, this is, of course, to vaporize tobacco.

re bump

tech, ive givin this advice twice, since this subject is important to me, i'll give it again. whip and temp. controlled unit are your bestest option. doughboy gave you good insight, he tells the truth. tech, this unit is mobile, stealth, can be preheated, totally awesome on roadtrips, put one in your shop and let it run 24/7, tech, the vapor. brothers make great units, dont be afraid, 200 bucks will score you a unit which you'll love to use all the time.tech, dont be afraid of the youngins, tell em the unit is a hand warmer, maybe call it your little nite lite, dont stigmatize the unit, no-one will know or care. you will be a much happier papa

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    The volcano sucks balls.

DaBuddha is where it's at.

talking shit about whip vapes, while saying a heat gun works good is comical.

Not all vapes are created the same. DaBuddha and the Silver Surfer have a ceramic heater which has much better heat control than a lot of the other whip types.
    Word, I've got this one too- I had to get it after I bought my buddy one for his wedding present and it got rave reviews from all... Now there's four or five people I know that have DaBuddha and everyone loves it.

I have another friend that has a portable one that looks like a walkie talkie, which works ok but is juuuuuuuust better than not smoking. Still a ways to go on that one.

Whips are nice, I don't like the big bags and the fan-driven vapor and I want to take a bong rip dammit- this way I just put the whip to the female end and WHAM! Vape bingers. To each his own but I'll be damned if it doesn't work friggin awesome at 1/3 the price of a volcano.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The Volcano is, yes, a bit pricey, but, after using one for the first time recently, I agree it's the best. I like the fact that you can have a bag of smoke just sitting there for up to a half hour to use.
    What others have you tried? I personally don't like fan driven units and to say that Q unit gets the bud to X temp better than another unit is kind of silly to me. It's either being adjusted wrong or the bud sucked. 99% of the time it's user error, not the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    since i posted i found the vapir1 5.0. you can purchase "balloons" that can fill with the vapor.

anyone with some experiene with this thing. At $150ish it seems much more reasonable, and the unit is hand-held.

the kiddos are still young enough that the don't know to go looking for stuff...yet.

and that being said, this is, of course, to vaporize tobacco.
    Great, so the kids can think you're ripping whip-its instead!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Iolite-IEV-002-Orange-Portable-Vaporizer/dp/B002EX98KY"]Amazon.com: Iolite IEV-002 Orange Portable Vaporizer: Automotive[/ame]

My buddy has one like ^^^ that- it works well enough but not quite as nice as the home models. That said though, it does allow a toke on the go in a totally clandestine manner so it may be just up your alley.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    What others have you tried?
    I've owned this : http://www.gotvape.com/store/hotbox_vaporizer.php for some time. It's absolutely fanless, but needs twenty minutes to really get hot enough. The main unit can be packed into ski gear, and doesn't ring bells at the security rundown. It's uh, a wax heater, yeah, a wax heater for my, uh, skis. Yeah. A wax heater. dude.

I don't use it much at all. It's lethal. The last time I brought it to a party, we had to call 911. Seriously.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

I have the iolite as stated above. I got it last week and I was happy with it, but then it stopped working so well. I think this is because I used the wrong butane... I bought a little can at Lowe's. I think you have to use the super refined butane for it to work the same. It's awesome and no one will know what it is... it looks exaxtly like a little walky talky

Butane- Vector is purportedly the best(5x refined) but Power(Blue can, 5x) and King(3x) cost 50% less where I live. dodo(5x) seems to work well in comparison to Ronson(total crap). Better butanes seem to last longer and performance of the iolite is better.

Common problem with the iolite and solutions here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=62946

does anyone know where I can buy vector or power butane? I know Lowe's does not carry either.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    does anyone know where I can buy vector or power butane? I know Lowe's does not carry either.
    Do a google map search from your location and put in "cigar", "liquor", and "head shops" and just call the stores. Be forewarned, expect to get a lot of foreign accents! I pay about $6/can for Vector. Better to find a local vendor, eBay and online vendors get expensive when the shipping is added.
    I will post in this thread about the other butanes and their performance at a later time...

LittleYellowFriend Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Whips are nice, I don't like the big bags and the fan-driven vapor and I want to take a bong rip dammit- this way I just put the whip to the female end and WHAM! Vape bingers. To each his own but I'll be damned if it doesn't work friggin awesome at 1/3 the price of a volcano.
    x2. A great way to deal with that scratchy feeling you can get from inhaling hot, dry air. Like you said, pull the mouth piece off of the hose, put it in your bong's downstem and take incredible bong rips with 99% less smoke.

Sorry for being a Jong. This is the first I have ever heard of Vaporizing herb.

Please explain:

The THC vaporizes before the plant burns?
    You breath in little to no smoke?
    Dose it Smell?
    Same feeling afterward?
    Do you need to Dry the herb? or can you just pick it of the plant and vap?
    "Hold my beer...Watch this!"

Quote Originally Posted by freezorburn View Post

Please explain:

Dose it Smell?
    Same feeling afterward?

THC vaporizes at much, much lower temps than combustion takes place, this is the whole idea behind the concept. Depending on your unit, it may burn a little bit, and you may get a little smoke but nothing like taking a lighter to a bowl. It smells really, really awesome. You know how a pipe doesn't smell all that nice? A vape covered with vape resin still smells really, really awesome. Feeling is different and depends on a lot of factors.

ALWAYS dry and cure herb. One month minimum. Chlorophyll needs time to break down, and lots of other very important chemical changes take place. Dont let anyone tell you that you should do anything with weed straight from the plant except let it dry and cure. I use this analogy: when you make whiskey, first you distill it and it is clear, and tastes nothing like whiskey, you would have no clue what you were drinking. You put it in a charred barrel and it changes color and turns into what we all know as delicious whiskey that all came from the barrel. Think of the curing period as this time in the barrel. Let that shit dry, then let it age, then vape it.

at least I now know who are the stoners on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

I'm going to have to side with the Volcano supporters. It's wierd, it's expensive, but it works.

A friend recently stopped by with a gift that made my old whip style vape useful again. It's a piece that goes where you'd normally put the slide of your bong. Slip this little adapter in, remove the mouthpiece from the vape whip, and connect the tube to the piece that's in your bong. True vaporbonging is serious business.
    Going where the wind don't blow so strange
    Maybe on some high cold mountain range

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    uh ..........................what were we talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by freezorburn View Post

Please explain:

Dose it Smell?
    Same feeling afterward?
    The whole point for my buddy, and, it's hard to argue with, is pure, non toxic smoke. No butane, propane, sulfur matches, paper residue, no nuthin'. Just weed smoke. Somebody watched someone free base a long time ago and thought this up on the spot, I'll bet. He won't touch a joint anymore.
    The buzz is much deeper, and much more intense. It's hard to tell how much smoke you've taken in until you exhale, believe it or not, so, yeah, less smell, but, it's not totally safe to do it near drug sniffing dogs, non smoking hotel rooms, or picky landlords. I only use mine for special occasions, because I don't think I could hold a job if I fired it up a lot. It makes it too difficult for living in the straight world.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

ronte

do you approve?
    also, how do you think the 16in. plus new gonna feel tomorrow after i vape pure before i ride
    sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    actually I haven't smoked in years; but I mean, I went to CU Boulder, so...