Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CDubz View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I am doing a trial of smugmug and noticed Lightroom already had a plugin and used it to upload some photos extremely easy. If you create an account through your mobile app you get 50% off your first year membership.

Sent from my HTC One X using TGR Forums
    Oh maybe it was a lightroom plug in and not a third party- I think im confusing the flickr and smugmug plug ins..

Oh dang thats a smoking deal on the first year (50%) off; wish I had done that, could have saved about $60 or so
    Huck me a cliff worthy of Mordor. Shred the gnar gnar.

Flickr
    My [Photography] site

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I use Smugmug, and have been since October last year. With the 50% off coupons floating around, plus the referral codes (PM me, I can give you one for $5 or $10 off), it only costs around $70 for a full year of the Pro account. I've made three times that in sales thus far with little to no effort.

I spent about 10 hours customizing mine- but I like the cleanliness and ease of use for the Smugmug template. Check my site- www.SteveMokanPhotography.com - to see what I've done thus far. You can take it quite a bit farther in terms of customization with Smugmug if you'd like.... and that's one of the things I didn't like with Zenfolio- the fact that all their sites look the same.

Selling prints is easy on Smugmug too- you set the prices and pick the printing company. You can also give out online coupon codes.... really, you can do just about anything with the customization. If you want more detail on something specific, check out their support and user forum, dgrin.com.
    Nice work, Steve. I've got a SM account lighthawkphoto.com and sell from that site. I haven't done the customization you have, but enjoy using the interface.
    I had been using pbase.com/lighthawk (still live for now) for a number of years, which is cheap, but you get what you pay for. SmugMug does a great job on the back end, so when I upload via the LR3 drag&drop interface, the images are ready to purchase directly to the consumer w/o my involvement. I also use BayPhoto and am pretty happy with their results. I also noticed SM is offering canvas wraps now via WHCC, which is an awesome print house. Suggestion: your prices to sell images are low, you might want to bump them up 30-50% or more.