Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I guess they're brutal on gas.
    I wasn't paying attention to my mileage(kilometerage?) but I don't think it was very good.

It probably would have been better if I had kept my foot out of it, but did I mention the exhaust?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

VW Touareg V10,diesel.

Ridiculous.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

oh you just wanna drive this on the road??? Seems everyone is posting "road worthy" suv's not something worthy of both.

Enjoy the soccer mom "suv"

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    oh you just wanna drive this on the road??? Seems everyone is posting "road worthy" suv's not something worthy of both.

Agreed, this thread makes me weep. Let's buy a really expensive gas guzzling POS. I'm all for luxury and fast( I don't have either nor can I afford) but If I could it would be a sweet high end wagon, something that drove well and didn't get 8mpg.
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Agreed, this thread makes me weep. Let's buy a really expensive gas guzzling POS. I'm all for luxury and fast( I don't have either nor can I afford) but If I could it would be a sweet high end wagon, something that drove well and didn't get 8mpg.
    Have to have an SUV in Jackson. It's Wyoming

The new VW Touareg & Porsche Cayenne are supposed to weigh around 500lbs less than the current models plus have increased rigidity thanks to the use of more high strength steel. So, depending on your time frame, it might be worth the wait.

And, speaking of RS6s, Holy , He Walked Away With Barely a Scratch: Audi RS6 Crash splits care half:

That'll buff right out.

^

Now there is some welding and painting to be done..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I'm a little partial to the GTS. You won't see many of them around, not as pricey as the Turbo or the Turbo S, but has the same front end of those models. With the new Turbo Cayenne coming this summer, you may be able to wheel and deal on an older version. Just get some 18" winter wheels off of Craigslist, and use the stock 21's in the summer. Car has full locking differential for 4X4 and in sport mode sounds like a animal driving down your neighborhood.

That's my opinion anyway.

It's a tough choice, both are so nice. What about the new BMW X6 M? Weird, yes, but I think it would be a killer ski vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post

Where in this thread did I indicate any need for off road capability? Learn to read, Skidog. Perhaps if I was married to Jessica Simpson I would buy my wife a pickup truck.

And LT, please point me toward the sweet high end AWD wagon that you are advocating.

My wife has the Orig. ML 500. That thing is a rocket. MPG isn't horrible. I would imagine the AMG version is redonkulous.

BTW- BMW- Rich Asshole
    Mercedes- Rich older asshole
    Audi- Future Rich older asshole, or ex BMW and Merc. owner.

Have any of you actually spent time driving one? So many comments about abysmal gas mileage.

2006 Mercedes ML350 averaged 25 while we had it

2000 ML 320 averaged 26

BMW x5 3.0 averaged 24

subaru forester base model averages 22

That is driving all these cars the same way at the same speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    Have any of you actually spent time driving one? So many comments about abysmal gas mileage.

2006 Mercedes ML350 averaged 25 while we had it

2000 ML 320 averaged 26

BMW x5 3.0 averaged 24

subaru forester base model averages 22

That is driving all these cars the same way at the same speeds.

In my experience, the bad gas mileage comes from having all that power at my right foot. It isn't the vehicle's fault.

The more I think about it the more that S6 with 8100 miles on it is a good deal. 4.2 V8, loaded, that thing was a $60K+ car a year and a half ago and I bet I could get it for under $40K.

I had an x5 4.8is for a while and now have the an ml amg.

4.8 was fun and a more raw feeling car the AMG is just faster and more refined. Both cars border on stupid fast only to be matched in some pretty elite company zr1-911 turbo etc.

The summer tires make a huge difference and at $400 or so a corner the wear interval of 15-20k feels like I am buying tires every 6 weeks-

My biggest problem is that all of the BMW's look the same, entry level to M----- one can tell an AMG at a 100 yrds.

Get the ML63 and drive it like a rental. My has 106,000 miles It might be a keeper.

K

After reading through this thread I am convinced that you guys have a hell of alot more coin than me to even discuss these types of vehicles....or... I'm a cheap bastard!!

OK, howzabout a 535xi Sports Wagon? Falls short of the RS6 Avant in the horsepower war, but looks like a fun rig nonetheless.

And iceman, are you sure you're looking at an S6 Avant? I didn't think Audi brought any of those to the US in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    And iceman, are you sure you're looking at an S6 Avant? I didn't think Audi brought any of those to the US in the past few years.
    Yeah I looked it back up and it is an S4 Avant, my bad.

'scalade with intercooled twins?
    just throwing that out there
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Just how fast does stupid fast need to be?

Diesel X5 has 425lb-ft of torque and gets 20+ mpg at 85mph

Agreed, this thread makes me weep
    Really, it makes you fucking weep??? What the fuck is wrong with you? Holy shit, midget japanese nazis that eat babies MIGHT make me shed a tear as I pulled into the gas station to refuel this fucking expression of all that is manly and right with america.

Anything less than that, and certainly not this thread, would not make me weep.

Did somebody punch you in your recently bejeweled va jay jay RIGHT before this thread, because I think you might be confused at the source of your weeping.

I once lit my hand on fire when I cut through 220 Volt wire. It took like 20 seconds to get my skin to stop actually emitting flames. Once out I got in my big fucking cummins diesel engine heavy duty truck and made my way liesurly to the hospital. Along the way I smelled some freaking awesome bbq and was like, I dont remember a bbq joint around here.

Then I realized it was my hand I smelled. I grimaced a bit, but then floored it and burned like 2 hectares of amazon jungle worth of oil.

I did not weep.

You sir/Maam/something in between - need to pull your pants up, remove the last of your sparkly jewelry you accidently placed RIGGHT on your clit, and grow a pair.

^ I wept. Thank you, frozen.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    OK, howzabout a 535xi Sports Wagon? Falls short of the RS6 Avant in the horsepower war, but looks like a fun rig nonetheless.

I may be wrong but does BMW still do a V8 5 series wagon? My dad had a 540i wagon a few years ago. Not AWD but stupid fast and practical. A 545ix wagon would be ideal, if it even exists.

I know it does not fit the bill here but I always liked this one... totally impractial, but practicality is not a factor in this niche is it?

and I must start watching TopGear... some comedy gold in the Audi v Saab v Rangerover clip...

"... the results are as dramatic as putting a furious weasel in your underpants..."

"... would be less annoying to eco mentalists if it ran on sliced dolphin..."
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    Get that hot roddy Grand Cherokee, Cayennes-meh you don't want her to be that gal. The back space on both of them has enough space for a volleyball net.
    Nah, be that girl. Get the Cayenne. She deserves it