Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall, the autoimmune hepatitis and mixed connective tissue disorder features make for a complicated picture, but its great news that your liver is working well. There are many new and clever ways to suppress the immune system so this seems like better news than PSC. Thanks for the update!

On Tuesday I took a stupid fall and felt my wrist snap.
    Which was odd because I didn't feel any pain. But that's really not too odd, I didn't take any pain killers before or after the hip. I think my pain scale is screwed up.

Low and behold, I have a new cast on my left arm...

And they think my sister has Lupus.
    That hurts more than my wrist.

Xtr:

As someone who dealt with freaky autoimmune issues in the past, may I suggest you look into:

1) n-3/n-6 ratio. Huge effects on the immune system. I can send you papers on this.
    2) Eating absolutely gluten-free. Crohn's/IBS is often a huge red flag for gluten issues, and frank celiac is just the tip of the iceberg.

Frankly, no one should ever eat gluten grains, as the increased intestinal permeability they cause in everyone is heavily implicated in autoimmune diseases from T1D to Hashimoto's (not to mention schizophrenia and heart disease)...but especially not anyone who's got autoimmune problems. When even Mat Lalonde admits the biochemistry of gluten is a problem, well...

Damn, man.

That's quiet the laundry list there. Glad to hear you're managing everything so well. From all the cool shit I see you getting after on facebook it looks like you're living 50x more large than most people with none of this junk to deal with anyways.... and of course there is always that "well, dealing with this shit put everything in perspective and allowed me the freedom to really enjoy the sweetness of life" deal as well... which hopefully you're experiencing a bit of!

I agree with what you mentioned about you being in a great spot to manage everything, navigate the language, understand it, get the best care and whatntot.

Has your diet had to change dramatically at all? I know you ate pretty clean to begin with...

cheers and hope you're well
    bean