In Anchortown looking to get my career on track

2000 Jeep-Turn Singles Don't Work, What say you?

Working on trouble shooting my friends 2000 XJ, the turn singles don't work. I have checked the fuses and all the turn single bulbs including the brake/turn lights-one was loose in the housing so i replaced it.

The turns singles still don't work. Anyone have this problem before, if so, what was your fix (besides buying a Toyota)?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Singles? Really?
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

I turn singles if the lift lines are too long. Always worked for me.

Is there a little flasher/signal switch (round thang) under the dash by the foot paddles on that model?

Do the hazards work? If so then the clock spring in the steering wheel may have broke or the turn signal stalk itself is broke.

Check the blinker fluid.

Heh, blinker fluid. I once got a bit of blinker fluid in an old girlfriend's eye when attempting the pullout method in the backseat of a small sedan.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Move to Denver. No one uses turn singles there.

^^^
    Truth! I constantly wonder why people out here are so adverse to using their "singles" in Colorado. Why is it a bad thing to let those around you on the road know what you're about to do?
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Check the relay for the turn signal/ hazard switch. (Swap the relay for another one next to it to test.)

Do the turn signal lights illuminate but not flash, or does nothing at all happen?

Does the hazard light switch do anything? (lights, flashing or not)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

do the turn doubles work?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Whassamatta? Your arms broke or sumpthin'?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Check the printer cable.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

My XJ had neutral safety switch issues (as do a LOT of them from what I've read), and the symptom of that is no reverse lights. Dunno about signals though. The advice that I would give has already been given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

^^^^But aren't you THE LIGHT RANGER??????????

You should know about shit like this.

I also have a 2000 XJ with turn signal issues. They work fine most of the time but occasionally they quit flashing and stay on continuously. The keyless entry and electric locks also like to quit working and start working again randomly

try calling out "single!", maybe they'll respond.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    ^^^^But aren't you THE LIGHT RANGER??????????

You should know about shit like this.
    I'm a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

knumbskull,
    check wiring harness between the drivers side door and the body, all the locks and security are controlled from the drivers door locks.there is a module in the drivers door. look from some wire that is cracked or broke. mine was a thicker gauge orange wire with white stripe

Gotta love how dk posts one of his all too typical 'help me' threads then never checks back in.