Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What the fuck is up with Ski Instructors?

Every ski resort I've ever worked at - they have their own little enclave. Some places the patrol crew gets the award for douchebaggiest department, but at one place in particular that shall remain nameless, boy those instructors are a bunch of tools. Even the patrollers are cool there and the rest of the staff are cool, but the instructors won't even speak to the other staff unless spoken to... They eat at their own table... Won't look someone in the eye or say hello in passing unless they absolutely have to... And the funniest thing is, the guy who runs instruction is the friendliest guy you'd ever want to meet. What the fuck?

Oh, the kid who works in food service is butthurt, because the cool instructors won't talk to him, how sad.

Maybe people just don't like you.

Hey JONG, get my mutherfuckin corndog already.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Um, from what I've found, patrollers are usually the coolest ones. the fact that you use them as a basis for comparison makes me wonder about you.

Instructors can be nice too, but have their idiosyncrasies.

Lifties? See instructors, but in a completely different way.

Food service are usually the miserable bastards that are always grumpy and don't really want to talk to anyone. I can see how the job would make them this way.

Always exceptions to every rule though.

I;'m guessing you're just a douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Maybe if you didn't select highly homosexual handles like "gangster of pow" then people would like you more.

My guess? You are a fucking tool of a douche who is working the fryer station and is all butt hurt that he doesn't get to mack on the girls in the line.

You are in the food service industry, brah, you are the low man on the totem pole. Get fucking used to it.

No soup for you! NEXT!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post
    Maybe if you didn't select highly homosexual handles like "gangster of pow" then people would like you more.

My guess? You are a fucking tool of a douche who is working the fryer station and is all butt hurt that he doesn't get to mack on the girls in the line.

You are in the food service industry, brah, you are the low man on the totem pole. Get fucking used to it.

No soup for you! NEXT!
    Says the ski instructor...

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Says the ski instructor...
    I thought he was a chef?

Or an ex chef who is now a ski instructor? Damn FDV you must hate getting employer provided health insurance.

See? They're not just a bag of dicks at this resort in particular...

Only a ski instructor would think that anyone who disliked them must be a disgruntled homosexual fry cook.

Speaking of which, has Rontele ever said shit about ski instructors? There goes that theory.

You sound like "a disgruntled homosexual fry cook". Maybe you aren't, but calling you out is proper TGR procedure for a butthurt type thread like this one you started.
    You should expect nothing less really. In fact it was a schoolboy error to start this in the first place if you expected an empathetic response.

I'll have the poutine please.
    Last edited by powbear; 03-10-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    www.skilogik.com
    Originally Posted by telemike
    "I'm looking pretty good, don't you think?" -"watching you ski is like watching a retarded monkey rollerblade on a gravel road"

Former chef...

Definetly not a ski instructor, nor do I work, or will ever work, for a mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangster of Pow View Post
    Speaking of which, has Rontele ever said shit about ski instructors? There goes that theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by powbear View Post
    You sound like "a disgruntled homosexual fry cook".
    Hmmm, theory time.

Gangster of Pow=Yet another Blurred alias? Not crazy enough to be a Jer alias and we all know that we are all either Jer or Blurred.

I find that where I patrol, there isn't really a certain group that is social/antisocial. I do find that a lot of the level 1 instructors are douchebag high school kids, the level 2s and 3s are friendlier, they love what they do. A lot of the patrol are friendly, and even the cafeteria people aren't rude. The most reserved people of all of them are the ones at the ticket counter and the lifties, although the lifties can be fun.
    Have sled, will travel.

This sounds familiar. You and that guy who doesn't like JHAF members should get together and form a whiny bitch party coffee hour.

Quote Originally Posted by powbear View Post
    You sound like "a disgruntled homosexual fry cook". Maybe you aren't, but calling you out is proper TGR procedure for a butthurt type thread like this one you started.
    FTFW

Powbear speakum truth to low-postum frymaster

Gangster of Pow, may I call you gop? If you ever worked as a ski/snowboard instructor you would not be so confounded.

Watch the rookie ski instructors with large groups of children on the bunny hill; they make about $50 for several hours of exhausting and often frustrating work.

Then watch the level III ski instructor cut in front of the lift line, laughing with a guy in all brand new gear; he can make several hundred dollars in private lesson pay and tips making powder turns with rich people all day.

Edit: I should have summed up my point. Ski school is insane, so don't be surprised if instructors don't act normal. Guaranteed there will be prima donna's, assholes and loonies. Lots of cool people with a lot of soul, too.

Until you've spent two hours on the bunny hill babysitting 12 small children ditched by their parents don't fucking whine about ski instructors being dicks.
    Last edited by Gordyman; 03-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.

They all suck because they are at least level 1 certified P.S. I'm gay

Keep in mind that ski school will normally be the biggest department, and likely instructors all spend a lot of time together, and all have the same lunch hour. Easy to accidentally fall into the clique stereotype.

Wasn't this topic completely covered by the Holy Trinity of B ski movies: Hot Dog: The Movie; Ski School; and Aspen Extreme?

You forgot "Ski Patrol."

Them kootchy little Andian bitches who scan the tickets and shit--they definately suck.

Ski Instructors - zey like Sunny side up, und Sunny side down.... und Sunny side all ze vay arrround!

I found pretty much everyone at the ski hill is an asshole ... except me of course

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I found pretty much everyone at the ski hill is an asshole ... except me of course
    Some cool people in the bar, though.